Power!
2.2k 3 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 60

Title: Powers!

…..

[A few days later]

Zzzzt! Brruom!

In the New World,  Raijin island was thundering like usual, though a few hundred kilometers above the island, a strange sight was taking place. 

A white silhouette was seen flashing around, though it was hard to discern the identity of the flash since it was moving at ridiculous speeds!

Zzzzt!

…..

Amon was flying around Raijin island. Though this time he wasn't using his wings, rather there was no sight of his wings at all. Currently, they weren't distinguishable from his torso after he made them turn into lightning. 

Currently, Amon was flying at his current normal speed approximately 350m/s.

At that speed, Amon's grin was still visible while he was still going forward. 

*Boom!* *Boom!*

The sound barrier was broken as Amon started to surpass this speed, the highest  Enel, without any medium, was able to achieve in canon!

The Goro Goro no Mi is a unique Logia. Going by the Katakuri's fruit term, one may call it 'Special Logia' too.

It had many factors that many other Logias don't possess. Like the speed factor. Among the rare logia type devil fruits that do provide a substantial increase in the user's speed,(the most notable is the pika pika no mi which allows its user to achieve the speed of light!) The Goro Goro no Mi is a special case. It allows the user to choose between two different types of speed enhancement at will, rather than being limited to the maximum speed that their element can achieve and grants a higher level of control to the user.

1. The Speed of Thunder. The thunder moves at Mach 1, the speed of sound. After eating the fruit, as long as his body isn't touching a Sea Prism stone, even in his sleep, Amon is always ready to move at that speed, though he can't surpass this speed.

Well, he can't surpass it unless he uses his brain, which Enel only used creatively, not smartly. 

2. The Speed of Lightning! ⅓ of Light speed, the speed of 100,000 km/s!| This is a speed which Amon can reach when becoming Lighting itself! Though it's literally not the same speed, rather a lot slower since he seemingly needs to increase his mastery over the fruit to reach 100k km/s.

Ene could use both of them, though he only used the latter for teleportation purposes, he either was too cocky to use it while fighting, or he was just dumb.

Thinking such, Amon decided to try his maximum speed as of now and changed his route towards the space! 

[Elemental Transformation!]

Amon became a bolt of lightning and moved upwards in the 1/10 of lightning speed! 10,000 km/s!

*Zzzt!* *Fwoosh!*

It didn't even take a second to move at an extraordinary speed… At times, even Amon's brain stopped following his surrounding.

"Aaaaa~"

*Zzzt!*

Amon stopped and reverse-transformed himself after the 14th second. He didn't want to be thrown out in the vacuum of space, after all. He still needs to be sure if lighting can freely exist in space after all. After all, it was still a concern why Enel didn't just fly to the Moon by riding a Thunder Dragon, but rather waited for Ark Maxim to complete...

"Fuuuu…." He released a satisfied breath while looking down at the blue planet below his feet. Looking at the straight red colored line separating the blue seas made Amon smile a little. Because of some unnecessary concerns, he would wait for a while before going there. "Well, it's not like I need to visit the moon right now. I have other plans for now, anyway."

After staring at the moon for another few minutes, Amon then looked down as he chuckled involuntarily seeing the planet below his foot.

"Damn, Goro-Goro is overpowered. Enel was a very smart retard. He did make some very interesting techniques, but he couldn't even use the actual speed granted by the fruit." Amon said while his body formed electrical ripples. "He probably didn't even know the difference between Thunder and Lightning. Stupid."

Thinking how stupid Enel was in canon, Amon stood there for a while before looking upwards. The place where the gigantic sun was. 

Looking at it for minutes, Amon had one question in his mind, "Would it explode if I shoot [El Thor]?"

He hadn't gotten the chance to use the full power of the fruit. Looking at the bright sun, Amon wondered some words as he raised his palm towards the sun. Currently, he can only exert 104 million volts at once, it seems to be a restriction of the fruit itself, which at first was only 100 million and increased by the training he did these few days. 

Raising his hand like a gun towards the sun, then with a lick of his lips, Amon grinned. "104 million volts, [El Thor]"

*ZZZZZZZT!*

Resembling Kamehameha, a gigantic beam came out of his palm and went towards the sun. This, unlike Enel's version, didn't turn the user's hands into the beam but rather generated and released a completely detached beam. If he used it like Enel, anyone with Haki would be able to damage his actual body by hitting the beam… "What a dumbass…"

While Amon cursed Enel on his mind, minutes passed. Amon kept pouring his all out, though it didn't seem to reach the sun. He recalled the fact that a lighting strike can only travel 10-12 miles. Though it was in his previous world… he couldn't tell if the beam was going forward or not since the background of it, the space was too bright yet dark at the same time.

Nonetheless, Amon kept pouring his Energy into the attack, and a lot of time passed making Amon bored. Though his boredom soon came to an end with a…. "Huh?!"

*Zzzt...zz…z…*

Unexpectedly, the beam in the distance started to, and then suddenly, dissipated thin space. This wasn't the end of surprise as soon, Amon  lost his ground in the air. "Wtf!"

*Fwoooooh!"

He started to fall down the atmosphere, while it was too sudden and quick for his wings that also reappeared the moment the beam disappeared to move and stabilize his foothold!

"Shit! My EE ran out?!"

Amon started to fall down upside down, and sometimes this body took a strange pose. He was unable to use his thunder powers, though his body didn't get damaged as it still had its Logia property.

*Vhoooo!*

Amon was going down so fast that he even caught a fire which didn't really hurt his body and finally a few seconds later, Amon's face met the sea!

"*Thas!*"

He fell into the sea, or rather it was just his nose touching the water... Time slowed down, and Amon moved his hands forward. At the last moment, he took out some dials and pointed them forward.

[Mega Impact!]

Amon impacted the water with his dials as he was thrown back in the air! It was then when he also regained control. I'm mid-air, Amon gulped with a nervous smile. He had dials in his hands, and was dead frightened, though he still retained his sanity….

[Elemental Transformation: GodSpeed]

Surviving the near-death, Amon flashed up in the sky with a stunned face. "Fuck, my EE ran out! I almost took it as granted that my Electric Energy is unlimited… fuck fuck fuck fuck."

Well, not that it mattered much. Amon had already taken out many other dials too, cloud-dials, Ice-dials, and jet dials which would have helped him lessen the impact, frozen the sea with any further contact, and even fly using [Repulsor Beam]. Yet, cursing himself in his mind Amon shook his head. 

Laughing lightly, Amon put his dials back in his bag which surprisingly turned into lightning along with his transformation. "But it wasn't that bad… I figured out the regeneration rate too." Amon thought with a small nervous smile. Now, this halfly completed his chart of 'Status'. "One day, I will reach the peak with this Goro Goro… I will even take the ***** fruit for me too…"

Laughing away his uneasy mindset, Amon closed his eyes. He was trying to make a 'System Status' like thingy in his mind since it would help him imagine things better.

[Electric Energy: ??? EE

Highest (usable attack) Volt: 104 million Volt.

Regeneration Rate: 10 million EE p/s.

1 EE= 1 Volt]

«...★…»

[Base of Revolutionary Army]

"Right, so that guy then created those dangerous Thunder tornados which completely destroyed Birka…" 

Hack said to the person in front of him who was a frown plastered on his face. "The Goro Goro no Mi… it should be a very destructive and powerful fruit. If a person who destroyed an island full of people on a whim owns that power, only bad things will happen."

The man, Monkey. D Dragon said in his gruff voice while he released a sigh. "Um," Though Hack had more things to say.

"Nobody died though. After he proved him having an eligible soul to eat that fruit, the guy seems to have started thinking of himself as the God of that place." Hack said. "While the thunderstorm was happening, he gave everyone a chance to live just by asking forgiveness from him, the God."

Dragon's eyes arched up in surprise. "...After that?"

"After that, he saved the ones who asked for forgiveness…. It didn't take long for all of the Birkans, except the guy who exploded before, to get on the ships around the island." He said. "The thing is, I didn't even see a bit of resentment in their eyes seeing their home destroyed… In fact, they were looking at that guy like some real God."

Dragon sighed again and stood up. "Hack, you did a good job this time. I need to think about some important things, give me some alone time."

Hack nodded and left soon after. Dragon looked at the window, towards the direction of the east as a smile bloomed on his face involuntarily, though his mind was still serious. 'The question is… who is he? Really a guy with the soul of previous Goro Goro no mi's eater? The world is strange after all… Or did he use any other special ways to make the body of another person explode?'

Thinking hard, Dragon passed his day with a frown.

****

A/N: ?… Anyway, Enel's true speed is a Myth in itself. So it took me a long and hard time figuring out how much speed I should give Amon. So here is what I thought of, 

–––

This chapter was proofread by Discord members and edited by @Retuculum and @AyyZelos.

––––

[Read chapters early in Patreón—

Link: patreon.com/Master4thWall 

Discord: discord.gg/sek3gZV2jg]

51