[Spoiler]
2.3k 10 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 59

…..

Amon stayed silent as Yona looked at him with her head tilting. "Is anything a problem?"

Amon released a sigh hearing her. "So all the previous explanations… were they for nothing?" His voice was chill, as cold as a winter night. Yona froze in her spot hearing him. "I talked for 7 hours… Couldn't you have just done the useless tests at first and do the talking later?"

"Ah… Ah, that's… I–" Yona averted her face and looked away with her body shaking a little.

"Enough. No need for excuses, you want to see thunder? You see thunder." Amon said and got up from his seat. 

Yona thought he would try to leave now, and this time even her throat cutting won't work. However, proving her wrong, Amon didn't take a step forward, rather his wings moved. They soared up and… became a little bright. 

Yes, Amon's wings both soared upwards and had their edge pointed towards each other, only keeping a small space. Soon after, a bright ball started to form in between the small gap.

"Divinity:" Amon said coldly, as Yona had her eyes locked in the ball. "Thunder God's Wrath!"

*Zap!*

A lightning bolt flashed towards Yona's face, while she closed her eyes in fright! Though luckily, the thunder only hit the marble wall behind her, gushing just a little away from her cheeks.

While she had a frozen surprised face, Amon slowly walked towards her and placed his hand on her cheek, rubbing them lightly. "Do you still have any doubt?"

Yona didn't say anything. Not that she didn't want to, it's just she couldn't. Her legs were shaking and Amon's smile only made it worse for her situation.

«...★...»

In reality, Amon's wings still had the [Clima–Exoskeleton] on. They were still around the outer central bone, however, no one could see them, not even Observation Haki users. The reason is because… well, technology.

After 'nicely' asking the AI since she did a very 'good' job this time around, Amon was able to fetch a special robe, the one he was wearing before, along with a few handkerchief size cloth. They were special of course, they had the invisibility property like Sanji's Germa suit. Amon was wearing the robe before, using which along with his newly learned hiding ability, giving him the ability to wander around places filled with Observation Haki users. While the small handkerchiefs were tied around his exoskeleton, thus rendering it invisible.

….

*Kack!* *Klang!*

Amon was looking at  Yona who was using her sword to open a golden chest. Gold was rare in Birka since close to nonexistent, as the only thing made of gold is the chest and the sword's hilt and cover. In truth, the sword wasn't that great for fighting purposes since it was 'breakable' into two pieces , while a special key is hidden  inside. 

Currently, both of them are in an underground chamber that nobody other than the Arch Priest of each generation knows about. Amon was waiting for Yona to finish, but due her shaking hands, it took quite a while. 

Sighing, Amon walked forward, deciding to help her out.

….

"Wow… it's shiny." Amon exclaimed in awe while looking  inside the now open chest. Inside of it, a blue-colored shining pineapple looking fruit was kept! The Seed of the Thunder God's tree, or better known as… Goro Goro no Mi, the Rumble Rumble fruit!

Yona also had shining eyes looking ahead since  she only saw the fruit a few times since she was an only newly chosen Arch Priestess. Looking at the fruit, she wasn't sure anymore if doing this was the right choice or not, after all, her master died in shock after learning the 'truth', the fact that the Birkan God gave away his soul, even more so, to an outsider. 

They didn't even realize that their hypothesis might be wrong, after all, they were too religious for their own good.

Yona asked herself, is it a good choice to do the opposite like what she was doing right now? 

She didn't know, but she would soon enough….

….

Yona was looking ahead inside the chest which they put on a table, so it was quite hard for her short stature to look into it. Amon glanced at her and smirked. 'Such a nice atmosphere…' Inside the dark room which was only lit by a single match light and the fruit itself, Amon's teeth were shining while he was grinning in the dark.

"Oh, by the way, Lord God should decide what to do with the fruit… I don't really have any idea on it." Yona said lightly. "I would guess you'd have to eat it… forgive me if I'm being too presumptuous. If really the case, I'd suggest you eat it in front of everyone as that will prove many of their doubts."

Yona kept talking, while Amon slowly pushed his hand towards her neck… and lightly poked a spot. "Hm?" Yona looked back at him with confusion, only to find a golden shining pocket watch in front of her.

"?!?"

Caught off guard, she almost took a step back though she wasn't able to. She was already under his control.

"Your mind will go blank for 120 seconds and you will forget about this incident after waking up," Amon said and Yona's eyes lost their light . 

"....Yes."

Before she could realize it, she stopped moving from her spot as Amon walked closer to the chest. His control over hypnotism was good, though not good enough for it to take effect on a proficient Mantra user like Yona. He was lucky that his technique was 400% improved by the room's darkness, the distribution of light around it and finally her scared and shaky willpower from the previous incident.

Picking up the fruit in his hand, Amon kept grinning like the madman he was. "Now, it's time for real power to back my title as God." 

Laughing maniacally, Amon put his hands inside the bag on his side.

He can't just eat it and claim to be God, if so, all this bullshittting would be for nothing. After all, Enel wouldn't have destroyed Birka in canon if the Birkans accepted anyone with a thunder ability as their God. 

Well, convincing them is easy.

«...★...»

A few minutes later, Amon and Yona were outside standing above the stairs of the Temple while all the people currently residing in Birka were below. Yona felt a little strange as if she missed something, though the dark room didn't make her recall anything special.

Among the crowd of Birkans and Shandians along with a very few Blue sea visitors, Amon noticed an interesting figure. Though, for now, he just ignored him since doesn't have to bother him here. Thinking such, he glanced at the confused faces of people around.

….

While everyone was looking at Amon confused, Yona decided to take a step forward. "Everyone," 

She said as everyone's gaze fell upon her. 

Taking a deep breath, Yona pointed towards Amon beside her. "The one you are seeing here… is someone chosen by the previous Thunder God." Everyone's eyes grew. 

Chosen? Chosen as what? 

Yona read their faces and opened her mouth. "Yes, he was chosen to succeed the power of thunder according to the previous God's wish…" She said. "Behold! Skypiean God, Amon would be declared as God today?"

"WHAT?!" It was Enel again, though this time he wasn't alone. Every one of the Birkan was shouting with anger and confusion present in their voice. 

"Please calm down. Let me explain." Yona raised her sword lightly up in the air. "Only us Arch Priests know the truth of God. Please let me enlighten you all with the knowledge–AHH!"

Before she could finish her words, a rock hit her head and she started bleeding. 

"You bitch! Just because you are the Arch Priestess doesn't mean you can disrespect God! Come down here bitch!" It was a random Birkan who had many more stones in his hand. "Bitch!"

"*Whistle*" Looking at the guy, Wyper who was around whistled lightly. 'Damn, what the fuck. Was I like that back in the day too?'

He noticed the guy about to throw another stone, though he didn't bother to stop him, as the next moment the guy threw another stone.

*Phat!*

Though this time, the stone was stopped by a white wing shining under the sunlight which penetrated the dark cloud above.

"Huh?!" This re-acquainted the people of Amon's existence, Amon the man with large noble wings. 

Looking down at them, Amon had a cold face. 'Obviously, they won't just let a random guy take their 'God's' place.' Amon chuckles to himself as he had his hands around Yona's shoulders. 'Time to prove I am eligible, and they are not.'

"How ungrateful would one need to be to hurt their own Arch Priestess? Kill yourselves." While ignoring the reactions from his words, Amon looked around and noticed the perfect pawn to show the demonstration of a 'worthy' soul. 

"Hey, you," Amon said pointing his fingers at Enel far from here.

Enel frowned. "What 'You'?! Who do you think you are–"

"Oh, shut up. Be grateful." Amon said and slipped his hands in his bag, taking out a blue pineapple fruit. "You recognize this? This is the Seed of the Thunder God's tree…" Enel's eyes grew big. This was one of the very few times he had ever seen the fruit with his own two eyes. "To be more specific, it's a Devil Fruit."

Enel's eyes grew up, as he instantly thought of a plan.

"YOU HERETIC!" Enel jumped forward to attack Amon. Yet, only one of his swings from the wing sent him back to where he jumped from. *Thud* "Cough–You bastard! How dare you call the holy fruit a 'devil' fruit?'

"Pft…" Amon laughed lightly hearing him. "Now now, don't talk like that. Before overreacting, ask our blue sea friend over there…" He said, pointing his fingers at a man far from here. 

The man was covered in a black robe, his face hiding under. Amon recognized him easily, even which race he was from. 

"I'm sure he can confirm what a devil fruit is…" Amon smiled at him lightly. "Mr…. Err–Let's go with Dark Robe man. Yes, Mr. Dark Robe man, you can see we are about to start a war at this rate… do you mind helping me to stop it from taking place?"

He said as the man stayed silent. He was the Fishman Hack, the guy from Revolutionary Army!  A few days ago, he came here and even had talks with Amon while he was disguised as a beggar. He was very surprised to learn about him being  the God of Skypiea, though he didn't recognize him as the bounty hunter yet.

Thinking hard, he decided to intervene. As a member of Revolutionary, he would love to stop an unnecessary war. Reaching the conclusion, he opened his mouth from underneath the robe. "Indeed. It's a devil fruit." He said as everyone's eyes grew wide. "Or that's what we call it in the blue sea, maybe it really is a holy fruit but that's not appropriate for the blues."

He gave the answer that would keep the face of both sides, as Amon nodded. However, the Birkans obviously didn't trust a single man's words who was hiding under a robe, yet luckily there were 3 more blue sea people around to confirm the words.

Even then, they didn't believe any of it, though they were forced to look at the reality while Wyper was ordered to show some of his fire abilities. Seeing which Hack looked at it wide eyes, while the Birkan started looking at him like a devil who came to harm their God, though they soon realized the world wasn't so small.

While the Birkans were in an existential crisis, Enel took a few seconds to figure things out… as he reached a conclusion. Yes, while the other Birkans, even Yona, was considering if their life was a lie or not, Enel was planning on his mind. 'So if what they said is real… I think the fruit would give me thunder abilities after eating, won't it?'

He laughed in his mind and prepared to try something. "No! We don't believe it! After all, we never saw how the seed looks before, even though I only saw the seed a few times, which made things foggy for me! Maybe what the Blue Sea people said is true but what if you guys hid the actual fruit and presented this 'devil fruit'?" He said and looked at Yona with a smirk. "Who is to say that Arch Priestess Yona didn't lose herself to humane pleasure and you two are working together?"

"Enel! How could you say such a thing! We have been serving God together for years now!" Yona yelled with her eyes teary. Her wound did hurt , though the words from the previous Birkans and Enel hit her stronger.

"Shut up! You shameless wh–"

"Enough," Amon said lightly, interrupting his Babbage of words. "Then according to the words of the blue sea visitors, you should be able to get some kind of power after eating this right?"

Some blue sea people around nodded, as Amon smiled. "Then here, catch this," Amon said and threw the fruit to Enel who's eyes grew as he barely caught it.

'What the… Yes, yes! Even heaven is on my side! Who would have expected the kid to be so dumb?! Haha!' Enel gave a last glance at Yona before opening his mouth to take a bite… but he stopped at the last moment. 'Wait, is he really so dumb? Or is there a grand scheme behind it?' After thinking for a while Enel couldn't reach any conclusion. 'Ugh, am I thinking too much–'

"Hey, will you eat it or not? Maybe I should give it to the large muscular man behind you, hmm."

Hearing Amon, Enel glared before deciding. 'Fuck it, I will see what happens.'

"Munch!" Enel took a bite as he almost spat it out due to the horrible texture but he forced himself to gulp.

'0.1 second.'

*Boom!*

The next moment, Enel's body exploded into bits.

"Oh-oh, look how the unworthy rat dies."

Not only the Birkan, but even Hack was also looking at this spectacle with unimaginably wide eyes.

«…★...»

Minutes ago, inside the temple Amon slipped his hands inside his bag. There, he took out two fruits. Both of them were pineapple, pineapple devil fruit to be precise. One was Claw-Claw fruit from before which reincarnated in the vast forest of the upper-yard. The other one was the Tattoo-Tattoo fruit, the ability to create any type of tattoo on their body.

They were weak abilities, though Amon didn't care. The only thing he did care about was their appearance, a pineapple, a blue pineapple to be specific. Amon believed the Goro-Goro no mi would be a blue pineapple fruit from many fanarts he saw in his previous life, so he came to Birka painting them blue already. Yes, he might have been wrong, but he had more than 17 plans for that scenario.

Ignoring his thoughts, Amon quickly used a knife to cut those small box-like pieces from the pineapples, cutting those from both of them. After doing that, he interchanged the small pieces of both fruits, and stuck the pieces with special glue, thus making them look the same.

Amon chuckled lightly. "Now if anyone gets a bite of this, that would be the same as eating two devil fruits… hah."

Laughing lightly and noticing that 79 seconds had passed of the 120 seconds, Amon quickly put one of them back to the bag and picked up the Actual Goro Goro no mi, and… took a disgusting bite. 

'Goro Goro is the best Logia devil fruit. Yes it will be beaten by Magma-Magma in the damage category, Glint-Glint in the speed category, Tremor-Tremor in the Destruction category, yet it's best.' Amon was trying to wander his mind from the taste. 'It's a jack of all trades, master of none. But like the saying goes 'Jack of all trades, master of none, yet is better than a master of one'. Even then, it's not like this would be my only fruit, haha–Munch!' Amon completed his thoughts with a bite. 'Fuck I should have expanded the time limit…'

Trying his best to not puke, and ignoring the disgusting taste as well as the pain in his head from the sudden enhancement in Observation Haki, Amon put the other blue fruit in the place of Goro Goro no mi and then gulped the actual one in a whole. 

By then, 118 seconds had passed.

«...★…»

"W-Wha?"

People around the explosion were covered in blood, while Amon looked down at them from up the stairs. They had eyes filled with horror, this was something truly gruesome to them, people who've been peaceful. A human body exploding into nothing but blood? How was it possible?

Before they could react, surprising them again, Amon slowly glided from up the stairs and crouched on the bloody floor while picking up the red colored half-eaten fruit. He could feel his bag in his side moving a little, indicating the reincarnation of normal pineapple fruits that he had in his bag.

Amon then looked around. "Hundreds of years ago, the Thunder God left his soul in his devil fruit, this fruit. By doing so, the label of 'devil' was removed from the fruit, and, yet it became such that only someone who possesses a part of his soul would be able to  eat it without  dying." Amon said as Yona looked at him from far with a surprised face. He didn't talk much after getting out of the room, so was he processing the information he got after coming in touch with another part of God's soul? That must be it!

"Yet, by the time Thunder God Raijin realized the fact, he had already left the mortal world," Amon said and stood up with the fruit. "He was forced to send. Part of his soul, which would one day have chosen someone and make him eligible to eat the fruit, and here I am." Amon laughed lightly while everyone looked at him horrified.

Ignoring them, Amon looked at the blood. "See? This is what happens when an unworthy person would try to get the power of God. You can try to take the half-eaten fruit from me and try again, I don't mind." Amon chuckled while nobody dared to move. "Oh? No courageous one? Okay, okay. Then let me show you, what THE worthy, and THE chosen one tries to gain the power that is naturally his. *MUNCH!*"

In the next second, Amon took a bite of the fruit, the disgusting-tasting fruit whose essence had already moved on after reincarnating. Amon had confidence that he won't explode since he did try this type of experiment before. More than 57 times to be precise.

Amon kept eating the fruit, while people around him stepped back while covering their face in fear. 

Yet, nothing happened.

It was then when someone pointed out, "H-Hu?!" Look, the fruit he's eating, it's clad in High-priest Enel's blood!... H-He's A Monster! A Demon!"

The fruit was covered in Enel's blood of course, but anything for the greater good. 

While they were acting stupid and taking steps back, the already dark sky became darker, as soon… Thundering started above there. 

""Monster? Demon? Are you disrespecting your own God now?!"" Amon's voice vibrated throughout the whole Birka while the rain started to fall super fast. ""Do you all still want to test me? Then let me prove you, the power of a true God.""

Amon started to float in the air with electricity around his body. His wings were not moving, but they were preparing to. In mid-air, he started to spin fast while his wings flapped themselves.

[Wing Sword Style: Thunder Tornado]

Tens of tornadoes made of thunder were seen around Birka that day. Yes, that's the day Birka met its end.

People don't fear God. Fear itself is God.


**

**

**

[Title: Accession of a Thunder God!]


A/N: One of you wanted Birka to be destroyed…. So here, Birka is destroyed, though will the mortals judge God for doing what he wanted? Next chapter we will move on from this scene, and will later on see words from Amon's side about Goro Goro no mi.

This chapter was proofread by Discord members and edited by @Retuculum and @AyyZelos.

––––

[Read chapters early in Patreón—

Link: patreon.com/Master4thWall 

Discord: discord.gg/sek3gZV2jg]

43