Son of…?
2.2k 4 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 61

Title: Son of…?

….

[The Next Day| Night time]

"Hmm,"

In the Shrine, Amon was in his room, laying on his stomach. He flipped the page of the book he was reading and yawned in boredom. The book was written by Amon himself, with only one copy. It had the mythological Gods, Devils, Beasts with the power of Lightning and Thunder. He wrote them from the knowledge he had from his previous world, and also a few new ones from this world.

They were obviously just people's beliefs, but who knows? Maybe, thousands of years ago, some birds were the Goro Goro no mi and started to be seen as a Mythical Beast? At least Amon didn't know, that's why he was trying the powers they are rumored to possess. 

Minutes passed and flapping another page, Amon sighed. "Ugh, this is boring." 

Amon flapped on his back and laughed lightly. "Ahh, I need to go to the Whiskey Peak soon… I said I will visit every week, yet It's already been around 3 weeks and I have only called her for the business..."

Thinking such, Amon glanced at the books all around the room. They were all books about electricity, lightning, the heat of lightning, and everything else. Amon had read the books on electricity from the moment he became God 4 years ago(since that's the time he started having access to books). Though he couldn't read much since he had left for Blue Sea soon after. 

Now he started reading again, but it was too boring for him. Though he had to force himself to read since they contained the main theme of his new power. 

Amon then looked at the ceiling while his back rested in the incredibly soft bed. Seemingly in deep thought, Amon then turned his head to the side, he looked at the wall separating his and Raki's room.

After returning, Raki was forced to live in the room next to his. Amon was quite lonely living alone in the massive Mansion named Shrine, and since Aisa was still a little unwilling, he did this to relieve his boredom. 

Looking at the wall for seconds, Amon's brows rose. "What the hell…"

He could easily see through the wall using his Observation Haki, see what Raki was doing. Shaking his head, Amon turned his face to the other side. "Fuuu…" Soon after, he sighed and closed his eyes. 

Instead of using Observation Haki, Amon decided to try and use a new technique he learned from his 'Myth Book'. It's a power of a God that he didn't know of before. 

According to the myth, A Thunder God uses a technique named [Eyes of Thunder]. In this technique, the God used to close his eyes and then sent a thread made of lighting far from him. After that, he moves his 'Eyes', sending them through the thread of electricity. By doing such, he can look at things laying thousands of meters away, thousands of meters underground, thousands of meters in the sky.

Amon didn't know if this would work or not, yet since he is a Logia he might succeed. Thinking such, Amon with his eyes closed, sent a thread made of thunder to the side of the wall, at Raki's room. [Thunder Eyes]

"..." Again, seeing the spectacle, Amon stayed silent. It seems Raki also noticed a passive ThunderBolt entering the room through the wall, as she stopped.

Sighing, Amon opened his mouth and decided to move his sound through the Thunder Thread. "RAKI! GO TO SLEEP!"

It worked, Raki heard it through the soundproof wall. She jumped up in fright and stopped kissing the Teddy bear with Amon's picture on its face.

Raki turned off all the light and pretended to sleep. While Amon also did the same.

«…★...»

[Next day, Morning]

The next day, feeling the sunlight in his eyes, Amon opened his eyes, though he quickly covered his eyes from the light. "Ugh, it's morning already, huh…"

Yawning and stretching, while laying down for a few minutes, Amon [Flashed] to the bathroom with a *Zzt!* Sound.

Soon, he brushed his teeth and took a shower with hot water that he heated with his power. Goro Goro no Mi, with the power of Lighting and Thunder, also came with the power to heat up things since it's a property of lighting itself. 

After he finished, Amon silently got out of the bathroom, while he encountered Raki on the other side. Seeing his chest naked, thus expressing his lean yet rocky build, she just blushed and looked away while Amon walked away ignoring her.

Not long after, Amon prepared breakfast since Isa was busy today. He ate his food, with Raki doing the same. Though Amon looked at her eyes sometimes, she just looked away.

Overall, it was an awkward morning. At least for Raki, since Amon was having his time.

«...★…»

Later that day, in the Sky, above the Giant Jack, a black-haired teenager, Amon was laying on a comfy sofa in the front yard of the God's Shrine.

He had a bored face, while he was lying in an Enel-like manner. Currently, he had a book in his hand. 

'It says a normal lightning strike produces around 30,000° Celsius of heat… I guess Goro Goro no mi can produce heat to a certain extent, but I guess it's not the same as a normal Lightning.' Amon thought, looking at the page. 'I can Boil water I can melt Gold and manipulate it freely after. But I recall Luffy's rubber body didn't melt at Enel's 100 million volt strike. Why?'

Amon was very confused. Enel was, and Amon is, able to melt Gold, Gold has a melting point of around 1000° Celsius. Where Rubber has a melting point of 180°. 'Is this the different physics of a different world? Or is it just Plot armor?'

Amon thought it for minutes before putting the book down. There was no way for him to find it normally, just now. He will just ask Sera.

Yawning and stretching his body, Amon's eyes became watery. "I wonder how hot I am?"

"Oh," Suddenly, a small sound entered Amon's ears as he looked behind. Raki was standing there at the door of the shrine, behind Amon's sofa. She had a red face as she looked away. "Y-Y-You are very hot…"

"..." Amon stayed silent and looked away. "I didn't mean that way, dummy. Go and train."

"Y-YES."

With Raki turning around like a robot, Amon raised his finger towards the Sky. He set his target in the upper-yard and chanted needlessly. "[Thunder Bolt!]"

*Crack!*

*BOOM!*

"AAAAH!"

A lightning bolt of 105 million volts fell upon the upper-yard, above a giant tree. 

At the same time, Raki screamed at the unexpected occurrence. "Uh?! What happened? Was it you brother?!" 

Quickly running to the small observatory at the side of the shrine building's wall, Raki looks down.

"F-FIRE!"

"THE FOREST WILL CATCH A WILDFIRE!

She screamed while Amon yawned. "Don't worry… Wyper is there, he will clear the fire."

*Zzt!*

Amon said and [Flashed] to the sky, while Raki heard an angry yell from below. 

"Bastard! Don't strike my head!"

Wyper was screaming, even though he didn't feel any pain.

Amon looked at this with a frown. 'Akainu said, 'Your fire can't beat my Magma' and punched a hole in the chest of Ace. Then shouldn't Wyper die at this strike? Ugh, fuck.' Amon cursed frustrated and decided to meet Sera later. He hasn't seen her yet after getting the fruit since he was too busy having fun with his power. 'Fuck logic, fuck physics!'

Cursing while flying at the speed below lighting, Amon stopped and looked down at the Observatory. 

'But first…'

"Hey, Raki!" Amon called towards the Observatory from the sky, as Raki looked at him from more than 700 meters below... "Summon all the Birkans in the City's front yard, we have business."

Raki nodded rapidly, while Amon also noticed the fire getting absorbed by Mera Mera no Mi user, Fire Fist Wyper.

«…★...»

A few minutes later, all of the 3000 Birkans were present in front of the Golden City. The ruins were completely fixed, and the Golden city was shining brightly. The Bell was still up in the sky though, since it's just better to be there.

Currently, the Birkans were sitting in the ground with the priests sitting a step ahead, while the Arch-priestess was sitting 2 steps ahead. 

Opposite to them, Amon was sitting on a chair looking at them, with the 5 personal guards, Duy, Wyper, Raki, Warashi, and Grid standing beside them. 

Raki had a banana peel atop of her head since she's been slipping on her face first, a little too much these days. Seemingly because of the cursed sword Sandai Kitetsu. Though Amon was too busy to help.

Beside them, Duy was also there. He looked ahead and then glanced at Amon who was also looking ahead while every Birkan was nervously talking among themselves.

Nudging Amon, Duy leaned down. "PSS, Hey Amon." He called out in a very low voice, as Amon glanced at him with a slight nod. 

"What do you want to do?... They have been here for 7 days now, what if they attack us? After all, you destroyed their home." Duy said as Amon released a suppressed chuckle. "Hey, don't laugh! They are strong, I don't think we will be able to hold off if they attack."

Duy continued. "Other than us, only you and Wyper's ability are the ones above them.."  He said while Amon just shook his head.

"Calm down, Duy. They won't, they are scared. They see me as their God, can't you see?" Amon said while Duy frowned.

Though he still maintained his whispers. "Hey, come on! They will eventually find out… you already said the God fruit or whatever is actually a devil fruit. It's just a matter of time before they learn what devil fruits are. Then, even Youth won't be able to save us!"

Amon smiled calmly hearing him. Duy was smart at these things and knew Amon might already have a way just like last time. He couldn't guess how Amon did the body explosion last time, though he believes that the shocked effect would be off from everyone in a few years or so.

Amon nodded his head lightly and looked ahead again. "Don't worry, Duy. Today I'm here to solve that exact problem."

Sighing, Duy stood back and Amon looked ahead.

Birka's destruction is a Inevitable thing to do. Enel once said, 'People don't fear God. Fear itself is God.' Amon couldn't agree less. The Birkans see the Thunder God as a strict but benevolent God. If Amon, who's calling himself such, didn't destroy Birka, there would still be cases of disbelief, which would one day grow into the seed of revolution in their heart.

However, now, there is no way for them to do so. Fear. Instead of the seed of disbelief planted in their heart, Amon planted the seed of fear in them.

While him saving them even after they did such a 'heinous' act, proved his benevolent side.

…..

Birkans kept looking at Amon, eagerly expecting him to open his mouth. 7 days ago, he destroyed Birka, but they were aware it was their fault for revolting against God! They were, in fact, happy to be here alive and seeing God in front of them.

Amon could sense this too, since he got a boost at Observation Haki, though not an overall boost at power. In fact, it's just a range and arrange boost. 

Unlike his previous range of 6/10 of upper-yard, Amon now had a 19/10 of upper-yard. It was above Enel, and arguably the longest range in the world of One Piece, after all, he's been training his Observation for 13 years now. 

While the 'arrange boost' was to just his boost at accurately sensing multiple targets emotion at once. Previously, he couldn't just look at a crowd and explain what each individual was feeling without a lag of a few seconds, though this wasn't the case now. 

Yes, these are the only Observation boosts he got after getting Goro-Goro no mi, and that's all. Though theoretically, it should boost his Armament too, like mixing Armament with a Lightning bolt and striking Wyper should damage him a lot. Yet, that's a thing for a later day.

It was then when Amon looked at the faces of eagerly waiting Birkans and smiled at them. "Everyone, do you have any questions about Priest Enel's death?"

He said and the Birkans screamed. "NO! HE WAS A HERETIC TO TAKE A BITE FROM THE DIVINE FRUIT!"

"YES! HE RECEIVED JUDGMENT!"

"YES! YES! BUT WE SHOULD HAVE BURNED HIM INSTEAD!"

Amon's smile widened. "That's right, he was a heretic. But… Listen, J did say the fruit is a devil fruit, didn't I?"

Amon said and everyone nodded rapidly. "Yes, yes. It can be whatever fruit it wants. But as long as it has the 'soul particle' of you, God, then it will always be divine!"

Amon giggled hearing them. It seems Yona has done what he ordered. Preaching the 'truth' of him and his soul. Though he could see a very small portion of them still a little dissatisfied.

"Haha, believe what you would. But let me tell you, I'm not God. I'm a completely different man than the one you used to worship." Amon said as a silence fell there. "...What? Wasn't that clear?"

Every Birka looked at each other with a confused face. Amon glanced at Yona, who looked away anxiously, receiving a frown from Amon as a reply. Absolutely, Amon already knew what happened, after all, he can even hear people having fun times from Skypiea, this was nothing. 

Then, making a 'dissatisfied' face Amon frowned towards her, as she looked down. 

Soon he sighed. "Fuuuu… It seems the Arch-priestess didn't do the job she had. She is simply too nervous, huh."

Everyone's gaze fell upon her as her stature lowered. 

"Anyway," Amon pulled them towards him. "Like I said, I'm not God." He said. "Or at least not the one you people worshipped."

While some looked confused and some looked at him as if joking, a few of them looked at him terrified, as if looking at a devil. Seeing which, Amon chuckled hard. "Well, it seems some of you still have  confusion…"

Amon just *Snapped* his fingers and loud thunder *Cracked* in the sky. """Broom~!""*

 

All of the people around stopped moving, and each of their complexions changed into fear and confusion.

Minutes passed, no one talked or moved. "S-So," The first one to open her mouth was the female High Priest.

"T-Then… if you aren't God… why do you have thunder powers? A-According to you, unworthy people can't eat the fruit and survive." A shaking voice asked, the female named Tsumi the High-priestess. "We even saw the validity in your words, as Enel died. T-Then, if you aren't God, how did you not die when eating the fruit?"

Amon just smiled at her hearing the question and clapped a few times.

"Such bravery, maybe I should change the Arch-priestess now, haha," Amon said while Tsumi's eyes grew in pleasant surprise and Yona kept her head down. "You see, I did ask the red-haired girl to explain things, but it seems she was too scared from the rock hitting her head." 

Amon continued. "I would like to call the guy who hit her," He said and looked around as everyone's eyes fell upon the guy who threw the rock last time. He was saved by Amon too, and was one of the 'dissatisfied ones'. 

Before he could say anything with his nervous outlook, Amon continued. "Please apologize to her later on, I don't want to waste time right now."

Then averting gaze and looking at Tsumi Amon opened his mouth. "Well, it's not that I'm worthy. In fact, I'm very much worthy, and possess the soul of God, which is why I didn't die." Amon said. "Though by soul, you misinterpreted last time. I'm not the reincarnation of God or something like that." 

Hearing Amon many's eyes arched upwards, they were believing such after all. Giving them no heeds, Amon continued. "Rather, I just possess a small part of his soul which he handed me 2 years ago. It's a long story… But let me explain in short."

….

Amon told them the story, while Raki and Wyper yawned from behind. They weren't sure how much is truth and how much is fake, though, in the end, it didn't matter. 

The Birkans easily believed him though. His sudden body growth would only make sense if his soul power increased, after all! It also proved why he could safely eat the fruit that killed Enel, the guy who definitely SHOULD have a worthy soul with him being High-priest. 

Yet, all of Amon's words pointed to the truth.

With their mentality as blindly religious people, it didn't even take seconds for them to believe each and every word of him. Soon after, even the ones who were dissatisfied were bowing and pleading for apology.

"So moral of the story… I'm not God, but I AM the person chosen by God. Since along with the small part of divine soul that I received from the old man, which then mixed with the soul inside the fruit, I became worthy and became divine!" Amon said and got up from his seat. 

"So yes, I'm the one who you've all been waiting for, I am… The Son of God!" Amon said while spreading his arms wide, while the idiotic Birkans jumped in joy!

"¡!!!¡" [Conqueror's Haki]

It was then, when even the laid-back Personal Guards behind jumped up, as their will hooked greatly. Though nobody was knocked out, after all, Amon didn't intend it to happen. None of them didn't even realize what happened, as they felt they were being looked down upon… by someone naturally above the food chain. A God?

"WHOAAA!"

"KAMI-SAMA!"

"I WANT YOUR SEEDS!" 

"G-GOD! WAAAAAAAAA!" 

People were screaming, crying, and laughing hard. *SNAP!*

Yet, it took a single snap of a finger to stop them all. "Silence,'

"I, Amon, am no God," Amon said with an emotionless smile, which soon became as bright as thunder. "However, I hope that one day,  with all of you people's help, I will be able to ascend! I

With your help, I will one day become a TRUE God!"

"Scream, my followers! Do you want the one you worship to become a True Divine?!"

It didn't take a second for the silence to be overlapped with… pure blissful screams.

"YESSSS!"

"KAMI-SAMA! KAMI-SAMA!"

"WE WILL BE YOUR HANDS AND HELP YOU BECOME A GOD! A REAL ONE!"

Yes.

«...★...»

That night, Yona was called upon Amon in the Shrine. She was very nervous, though she was prepared to receive any kind of punishment.

Though what she wasn't expecting was a… bunny girl suit.

Wearing which, before she realized, she found a 'Friend' in the form of a God.

**

**

**

A/N: Nothing lewd by the way.

–––

This chapter was proofread by Discord members and edited by @Retuculum and @AyyZelos.

––––

[Read chapters early in Patreón—

Link: patreon.com/Master4thWall 

Discord: discord.gg/sek3gZV2jg]

45