Deal?
1.7k 4 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you want to read 15+ chapters before release–

Link: patreon.com/Master4thWall 

––––

Chapter 75

Title: Deal?

….

Soon after witnessing the miracle of Amon's medicine, the spectators slowly started to regain their composure.

This wasn't the only medicine Amon has to offer. In fact, there were more than 59 medicines in Amon's collection. They were created with the combined help of the scientists at Clockwork Island and Amon himself.

Even so, the fact that Amon was able to create such medicine is proof of his great medical knowledge. Though compared to the ones up there, he was nothing.

Amon formed a twisted smirk in his mind, while Cobra's had a serious face. He ordered some guards to take Vivi into her room and some maid to look after her. He understood something, the reason this young Warlord came here isn't something he can look down upon. 

Quickly ordering some guards to prepare a room for their meeting, Cobra guided Amon there. There was a need of secrecy for this talk, more so since Amon himself requested it.

"So, Lucifer. How much for the medicine formula?"

Cobra asked with his professional face towards Amon who was sitting on the sofa opposite to him.

Amon was also trying to be as professional as he could. Currently, he was in a business suit and tie. He looked pretty neat with his white wings which saturated his black suit.

"Also… is this suit of yours purchasable as well?" 

Seeing Cobra asking that with a serious face Amon crackled up. Not that it bothered Cobra at all.

Stopping his laugh, Amon looked ahead. "We will talk about it later, first of all, do me a favor and stop the news of Warlord Lucifer coming to Alabasta Palace with his people. I don't want it out, further than this palace."

Cobra nodded instantly. "There is no need for your worry, Lucifer. It's quite clear to us that you are being secretive, so I took your people to another room after you left for Vivi. Currently, only 5 people beside me know that the leader of the visitors that came to Alabasta is actually one of the warlords, Lucifer."

"Mm." Amon smiled, satisfied. 5 people besides Cobra wasn't a problem. "If you don't mind, I'd like to meet them later, separately. It's always better to double-check. Forgive me if I'm being too much, but that's a thing I need to do." 

Considering for a second, Cobra shook its head. "It's alright, after all, you saved Vivi, even more so you treated all those wounds that would have taken a month or more to heal mostly."

While the hot wind blew Amon's hair to the side, he laughed after glancing at the descent, outside of the window. "It's no problem. Rather, we should talk about the important thing."

….

After chatting for a while on the small details. Like why Amon didn't just ask for an appointment for a meeting using his authority, or why Cobra couldn't reach him, and many more.

He also showed some medicines and their practical use by cutting Amon's flesh and using them. Though Cobra was against it, he was forced to watch. After a few hours of talking, Amon moved on to the main topic. His offer….

"Haha, anyway. Although everything you showed was a masterpiece, I assume you are not here to only sell some medicine?" Cobra said with his hands clasped together. "Or there would have been no reason to bring your people here as well I presume."

Hearing him, Amon picked a glass from the table and took a sip of the wine. He was quite fine with the taste of it by now. He used the line he's prepared for a long time now.

"You are right. As expected of a king, you are sharp. I'm not here to sell some medicine at all." He placed the glass on the table. "In fact, we are here to request an alliance with the Kingdom of Alabasta and the Kingdom of the Sky, Skypiea."

Cobra stayed silent hearing him. He had a hunch this was the case, but he was very hesitant to agree even though Amon did save Vivi. After all, his own kingdom wasn't doing much good, it would be quite irresponsible for a king to accept such an offer.

Because, although there is rarely any rain, the country's economy was still standing fine. However, for a while now there has been barely any rain in the country. It's as if… God was displeased with them, or maybe it was a human doing in the end. 

Cobra was offered the rain-powder which helps with raining already, but that's very harmful to his country in the long run. He rejected the offer, he didn't want to absorb his citizen's fate like that. Never ever.

Considering all that, accepting an alliance with a newly founded country, un-authorized by WG would not do him and his kingdom any good. Although the leader of that place, the king, is a warlord, it didn't seem like the young man had any plans to use his powers to get the authorization! 

'Should I–"

"Old, Cobra."

Interrupting his thoughts, Amon called out. 

"I'm aware of what you are thinking. Let me explain…" Amon moved his lips...

Cobra had a frown as he started to talk. 

Normally when 2 Countries ally, they get a 50-50 benefit. To compare, it's like a marriage between humans. Both parties gain benefits, normally a half-half benefit. Most counties won't be satisfied with such a thing, and would normally try to plot on each other's back.

However, this offer was worse than normal cases. The benefits are leaning towards Skypiea more, Alabasta close to nonexistent. Unlike marriage, it's more like adopting a child which won't grant the other party any help.

Saying some words, Amon smiled lightly and got up from his seat. "Let me show you some benefits... There is a reason that I asked for a meeting with no other people in the room"

Amon looked at the noon-sky out of the window. "This alliance ain't a 5:5." Amon moved his gaze at Cobra with a grin. "It's a 9:1. Yes, 9 you and 1 us."

Zzzz!

While Cobra looked confused, Amon [Flashed] from his sight and teleported at a large chunk of cloud 6 K.M on the sky.

Rumble! 

––

––

–King Cobra Pov–

RUMBLE!

"What is happening?!"

My country, which hardly rains, is having a thunderstorm?! 

Impossible... Incredible!

The sky turned dark in the time frame of seconds and the whole Alubarna city was covered in a giant black cloud. 

Jhhhh–Jhhhhhhh!

Rain started falling… Ahh, it's been 3 months since I felt this cool breeze.

Enjoying the droplets of water in my face, I took a deep breath.

Just how was this possible? No… that's not the question.

It's easy to discern that it's that boy who is doing this. This is hardly believable… What type of power is this? The ability to change the weather?

RUMBLE!

THUNDER!

A thunder strike fell in the desert and a small portion of the sand turned into glass… Incredible!

Now his words make sense… If my country rains every time it needs to, it won't be wrong to say that we would just be below the World Government at power!

But, will it rain every day? Every time I want…? Every time my citizens need it?

….Yes, it should be possible. If Lucifer does this every now and then in my country, then my country won't be like this anymore. With the rain, we would be able to farm crops freely as well. The places where my county is drying out  will regain life! 

"Ahh, now nice rain is."

«...★...»

–General Pov–

Amon returned to the room in a bolt of thunder under the eyes of Cobra's eyes full of curiosity. 

Amon just smiled at him. "Yo,"

"What was that power?" Cobra asked, his eyes looking lost.

"Don't mind the small details." Amon giggled like an innocent angel. His body wasn't wet even though he just came back after starting a rain.

"By the way, this is just a small part of what WE the people of the Sky can do." Amon again [Flashed] and the next moment, returned with a bag of dials in his hand.

"Let me show you the main power of us." Amon grinned brightly. "Let us review some dials."

Under Cobra's curious gaze, Amon started to show him different kinds of dials, this time they weren't medicine-based. Rather, they were mainly just cloud-based ones. 

Only cloud ones, after all, he didn't want to expose his trump cards.

….

"So, this certain [Cloud Dial] is special." Amon had a large seashell in his hand. "You need someone who can fly to go and stick them with a normal cloud flying in the sky. After that, a few hours later that cloud would start raining. This way, you won't need me to be present there always."

With this, Amon his products. "Alright, that's all for now."

Putting down the dials, Amon leaned back in his chair with a breath. It took a long and tiring time to help calm the curious king down.

Cobra gulped. He took some time to take in everything he saw just now… In the end, only one word could describe this, Incredible!

'Using the dials, I won't have to be relying on him all day either. It is better for us this way…' Cobra was overall more than satisfied, however, there were some problems. 

'Unfortunately, each of them expires after a month of use so I would need a supply of them every month.' He released a long sigh. 'Although I can use the kingdom's scientists to try and copy them, it will just be a bad idea to plot against a Warlord of the Sea.'

Cobra was trying to reach a conclusion. He was still a bit hesitant to form an alliance. After all, if he does it's impossible to back away from it, or a War will start. 

'A war… After seeing these gadgets, I'm not sure if we would win against this new country. Especially so, when a warlord is on its side.' Wiping his forehead's sweat with a tissue, Cobra got lost in thought.

"Let me be honest," Amon's call brought him out in reality. "Alabasta is the best possible ally for us currently…" Hearing his line, Cobra raised his head.

"The thing is, not every country would need my Cloud Dials, so I can't really form an alliance with… for example, let's say Dressrosa. They don't need rain, and we have no other thing to offer other than rain." Amon said as Cobra's head started to reach a conclusion. "Among the sandy countries, Alabasta is the biggest and strongest. Although there is a lack of resources, as long as there is enough land, resources can be produced with rain." 

Amon sighed. He was making it seem like Skypiean would be gaining more from the alliance, thus using the reverse physiology effect and making Cobra believe, in fact, Alabasta was gaining more!

Cobra almost lost his emotion, but he was able to surpass his grin. "Yea, unless it's a desert place which needs rain, these products are useless."

The fish took the bait. Amon grinned internally.

"You are right but there is a fact that you need to pay attention to." He said. "I help you, and you help me, both of our countries would only fall lower in the food chain." 

Amon said with a strange smile. The smile he trained for years, to negotiate. "In the end, we both need each other. I'm opening my weakness to you so that we can have a long-term trusting relationship. We are a perfect match."

While Cobra's previous 'winning' face froze, Amon continued. "Besides that, we will also…."

Amon started to talk more, while Cobra nodded at his every sentence. All of his words made sense, in the end both of them will gain things that would be impossible with each other's help. They were a perfect match for each other!

Cobra knew, if he played his cards right, he could deal a good deal! If he looked at it, his kingdom would gain more than Amon's. 

After discussing for hours and even calling his surprised and shocked subordinates for advice, Cobra and Amon reached an understanding.

"Then it's decided, we will be together." 

Cobra shook hands with Amon, who was smiling reassuringly. "It's nice working with you."

Cobra laughed lightly hearing him. "Haha, don't say that yet. The contract will be prepared in a day, you can say that after signing it! Hahaha!"

Amon also laughed as sat back on his sofa, while Cobra did the same. "Alright, it's been a long day. You even used your strange powers to call rain, you must be tired! We have prepared rooms for you and your people, please take some rest.

Amon shook his head. "Not yet, there is something more important here." He said as Cobra raised his eyebrows in curiosity. He was in his 'Scheme King' mode. This has been a very profitable deal for him.

Any new offer and he will grab it swiftly!

Sensing his greed, Amon chuckled lightly and leaned forward. His elbow resting on his knees, and his hands clasped together.

"There is another offer I want to make." Cobra laughed internally which froze with his next line. "What do you think about giving the Princess' hand in marriage? Of course, I'm the groom."

Cobra's face froze, while Amon had a large grin.

**

**

**

A/N: [Title: Lolicon Amon.] This is the title this chapter should have had.

–––

This chapter was proofread by Discord members and edited by @Retuculum and @AyyZelos and @Shortmotor!

Discord: discord.gg/sek3gZV2jg]

32