Huh?
1.7k 4 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Read 15+ chapters before release–

Link: patreon.com/Master4thWall 

Discord: discord.gg/sek3gZV2jg]

——

Chapter 76

Title: Huh?

….

There are 3 forces in this world. 

The rulers of the whole world, The World Government.

The 4 forces who act like the Emperors of this world, the Yonko!

The 7 pillars aiding the World Government, The Shichibukai!

Looking ahead of him, Cobra was going through the definition of what a Shichibukai, a Warlord of the Sea was. In this world, one Warlord definitely held more power than a single king of a random or even powerful kingdom.

Amon's offer was very tempting. Cobra wouldn't have to worry about Vivi's future and her safety at all if she were to marry a Warlord.

Cobra had a visible frown on his face contemplating this. 'But the thing is, this is very sudden for such an offer. Besides, it's very intriguing why a Warlord would act this way, after all none of the Warlords are married… At least according to my knowledge they aren't.'

With twisted emotions, Cobra was trying to think of a beneficial 'deal'. This was where Amon got him, until now he was on the 'winning' side, or that's what Amon showed him he was. The winning steak got into his head and now he was trying to win again, albeit this time, he was trying to use his daughter... 

Though he soon realised, he shouldn't make a deal using his daughter.

'No, not Vivi. She is my baby, I can't use her in political fights.' Cobra shook his head at the thought.

"Old man, let me clarify something," Amon caught his interest. "This is not a political offer. It's a personal one, our previous offers would still stand even after a rejection of this one." 

As if reading his mind, Amon replied confidentially. He had reasons for this action, he wasn't horny enough to go after an 8-year-old. 'If I really feel horny, I'd rather go after Boa Hancock, she's easy to get and powerful. This is an entirely different matter.'

Amon had plans for Alabasta, Vivi will be the medium of his influence here. Internally snickering to himself, Amon searched for words that would make even Cobra agree to him.

"I just feel interested in the little Girl–Hey, don't look at me like that!" Seeing Cobra look at him with strange eyes, Amon yelled. "I'm not that old, a 14 years old can go after 8 years old, at least in Alabasta where there is no legal age of consent."

Amon said while Cobra frowned. It's true, Alabasta didn't have any legal age for consent. Basically, it wasn't illegal for a 40-years-old man to marry a 12-years-old. But since something like moral was still a thing, it didn't happen that often.

To Cobra, these types of things seemed morally wrong even though he himself can supposedly change this fact anytime. He didn't since this is an ancient rule.

"Wait…" Suddenly, Cobra rephased over his words, '14-years-old'. "What do you mean?... You look at least 16, at most 17." 

Cobra said while Amon shrugged. "What? I'm tall, look at the Yonkos, they are massive."

Cobra couldn't find any words to fend off his claims. The thing is, not even considering that he won't accept, just the fact of letting his 8-years-old daughter marry a hormonal teen seemed weird. He would just reject–

"Before you reject, I don't want to marry her yet. I mean it's just wrong, think about it she is 8!" Cutting his thoughts off halfway, Amon acted like he completely agreed with him. "In fact, if it was someone else other than myself, I would have beaten him to death myself!"

While Cobra blinked at his words, Amon punched the air. "Then…?" He looked spaced out. 'Hypocrisy?' Cobra questioned himself, dumbfounded.

"Ahem. You see, I don't mean marriage right now," Amon said and sat down on the sofa, he loosened his tie a bit. "I meant to say, make us have an engagement." 

Amon smiled lightly. "I won't use my identity as the Skypiean King for it, by the way. I will use my Warlord one." Amon took an apple from the table. "Imagine how much help your kingdom would get just from that."

Cobra had a frown while sweats were dripping from his forehead. This, this really was the best thing he could ever hope for. Although he would never force his baby to marry anyone and wanted to leave it up to herself to choose a husband, this offer was good for both herself and the kingdom.

'This is something very hard to decline… Not only that it might offend Lucifer, but the fact that my kingdom, more so my baby will get the protection of a Warlord is enough to agree.' Besides that, there was also that  Skypiea and Alabasta would then have a blood pact, thus they would never betray each other.

It was a win-win situation for Cobra himself, however….

"Fuuuh, I'm sorry." Reading a breath, Cobra bowed down lightly. "Your offer is tempting, but I would not choose for Vivi, it's up to her. You can take back the previous offer if you feel like it but… I won't give away Vivi for political benefit."

While Cobra kept his head down, Amon stayed silent. He was pretty infuriated inside though. 'Fuck, why? Just accept the shitty offer already. It's such a great deal! Ugh... Why are people of this world this stupidly honest?' Not long after, he sighed. 'Not that it matters. I have other cards on my sleeve. I have… the power of being able to lie.'

"Raise your head," Amon said lightly with a sigh. "As I said already, the previous offer would still stand. They would be unchanged despite the new offer's validity."

While Cobra abruptly raised his head with a relieved sigh, Amon smiled.

"But let's not end the discussion yet. Let me offer you something better…" Grinning lightly Amon took out a dial. "This is a [Videoplayer Dial], watch the clip it has in it."

After a short silence, Cobra sighed and picked up the dial. He won't change his mind at all, not after he already rejected such a generous offer–!!!

"I-Impossible!"

In the clip, different people were using their powers. Kizaru moving using his light ability to blow away  houses, Aokiji using his ice to freeze the sea and finally, Whitebeard using his tremor power to cause a tsunami in the sea.

As a Warlord, it was easy to get the Marine clips, but the Whitebeard clip was of pure luck. He was flying towards Raijin island when he sensed the fight between some pirates. At first, he wanted to collect their bounty, but seeing the people who were fighting he decided otherwise.

In the end, he got some good destructive clips, clips that would scare the living shit out of normal people, doesn't matter if the normal people is a king.

"S-Such powers…" 

Cobra has heard about these powers previously, but this was his first time seeing them in action. He wondered, what was this device? But that question soon changed. The question was, why was he showing them to him?

"You just be questioning why I'm showing them to you, right?" Amon smiled. "Let me explain, this is a world of monsters."

…..

A few minutes later, Cobra's body was shaking while sweat was dripping down his face. 'Something like these is possible?...'

"See? You guys are lucky to be in the paradise part, but that luck might run out anytime. What if a Yonko decides to take over here?" Amon asked him as he stopped breathing. "What would you do?"

'What can I–"

"What would happen to Vivi-chan then?"

Suddenly hearing his last line, Cobra frowned. "And what do you propose?..." He asked instantly. "Can she be safe just by being with you?"

Amon grinned. "Yes, she will. I guarantee that."

"...And why would I believe you?"

"Haha, you are a hard one to crack." Amon laughed lightly before stopping. "I'm strong, but that's not enough to guarantee Vivi's 100% safety. Rather, I have something better. I can offer her individual power."

Amon continued. "I didn't show you the power of those monsters just to scare you, rather it was mainly to show you the powers of devil fruits." Raising his finger, Amon continued. "What I plan to give her is a devil fruit."

Cobra frowned. "No, I don't want my baby to lose her ability to swim for a random devil fruit–"

"Hear me out will you." Amon cut him. "It's not a 'Random'. It's a Logia."

After a short silence of surprise, Cobra's eyes arched up. 'Logia…' 

For a man at his standing, Logia translated to Invincibility. 

"Which… Logia?" When Cobra gulped internally, Amon grinned.

"A suitable one for your Kingdom. Logia: Sand-Sand fruit!"

"Your daughter would be a literal Goddess of Sandy Islands. Not even those monsters would be able to hurt her at all."

«...★...»

Meanwhile, 10,000 meters under the sea, on  Fishman Island the Queen of Fishmen, Otohime was preparing to leave for the blue sea,  Marijois to be specific!

Long long ago, the fated Celestial Dragon came to Fishman Island. He was then saved by Otohime from his former slaves who was trying to kill him. Still not being grateful for the act, the Celestial Dragon was about to leave with the destruction of Fishman island in his mind. 

However, at the last moment, Otohime decided to accompany him as well in the excuse that he was still injured.

"Waaa! Mother! Don't leave Shirahoshi alone!"

Like always, the mermaid princess was crying. But this time, she was crying while holding onto her mother, while King Neptune smiled kindly at her.

"Back off, Shira. Your mom is going on a great journey!" He said with a laugh. "A few days later, you can see the forest you always wanted to see!"

Otohime smiled hearing him. "Indeed, she will."

A sweet moment was born at that time. The Celestial Dragon looked at the scene with his veins popped up, yet had a strange emotion lingering within his eyes. His kind has treated this bunch as monsters and slaves up until now… Lower beings they said.

Groaning, the man then looked away. 'I guess she can come…'

Right now, he didn't know that long so long after, he was going to use his powers to help them. The revolution would happen, Fishman island would go up on the surface… or would it?

«...★...»

Meanwhile, in Alabasta, Cobra was having a blanked out expression.

"Hello?"

**

**

**

–––

This chapter was proofread by Discord members and edited by @Retuculum and @AyyZelos.

Discord: discord.gg/sek3gZV2jg]

32