Dark King, Rayleigh!
1.7k 3 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Read 15+ chapters before release in P.A.T.R.E.O.N–

 

Link: patreon.com/Master4thWall 

 

Discord: discord.gg/sek3gZV2jg]

 

*

Chapter 79

Title: Dark King, Rayleigh!

….

 

Sha….

 

The wind was blowing, caressing the three flying birds' hair. 

 

Amon was looking ahead with clear red eyes, while Robin stared at his face with her similar clear but blue eyes.

 

Raki's hair was fluttering in the air while she was on top of Amon's shoulders. She was freed from Robin and took Amon's shoulder as her sitting spot. 

 

While Robin looked away from Amon's face, Raki didn't mind any of it and was in her own world. She never got the chance to fly in the sky before, not even when Amon mostly used his wings. As her first time, in this medium speed of travelling, she was enjoying the blowing wind giving a cool sensation to her smooth skin.

 

The three of them were flying moderately in the sky and Amon was enjoying the different sensations in his body.

 

Smiling brightly similar to the shining sun above his head, Amon then increased his speed slowly as the girls' scream travelled through the air.

 

|—★—|

 

Not so long after, by using an Eternal Log pose that he got from the marines, Amon could see the with bubbles encircled island of green. The giant trees posed a formidable presence, but from the sky, they looked like baby plants.

 

Amon slowed down midair as Raki hugged his head from the top with Robin hugging him from her princess carry. 

 

Enjoying the sensations of her chest, Amon slowly came down and dropped on the ground with a small sound.

 

At the sudden change of the environment, Raki released an "Accho!" And wiped her nose.

 

Amon stroked her hair while looking around his surroundings. The tall trees and the grassy terrain bloomed an involuntary smile on his face, while Robin was doing the same.

 

"Huuuu!"

 

Taking in a large breath filled with the soft fragrant of the bubbles, Amon exhaled lightly. Not long after, slipping his hands in the pocket of his pants, Amon took out a Tone Dial, then dialling the number of Cricket, Amon set the dial on the loudspeaker.

 

Kacha!

 

"Oh, Lucifer you arrived?"

 

"Yes, I'm here. Tell me your location, we will go there in a zap."

 

While the girls shivered hearing 'Zap', Amon nodded after hearing the area number Cricket was in.

 

 

After searching the massive island for around an hour. Amon and the group met up with Cricket who was on a busy road with shops on both sides. Surprisingly enough, he wasn't alone. 

 

"Hey, guys!"

 

Cricket waved his hands from a bit far as Amon raised his eyebrows seeing the people beside him. 'What is this? Fate playing at it again?'

 

"Yo! Nice to meetcha!"

 

Besides Cricket, two men who looked like strange human-ape combinations greeted them as well.

 

"Lucif, let me introduce them." While people walked past them, Cricket continued. "They are the monkey brothers, Masira and Shoujou of the Saruyama Alliance!".

 

Amon bro fisted Cricket and gave a high-five to the monkey brothers. 

 

"Yo, I remember seeing you guys in bounty posters though?" While the both of them flinched, Amon looked at Cricket. "You sure you are not getting scammed?" 

 

Amon tilted his head in his fake confusion, while Cricket scratched his head.

 

"Well, you see they like Noland's story so much that they searched for me for years and started to worship me after finding me in Saobody. So I couldn't hurt them even though they are pirates." Cricket looked away from Amon's deadpan eyes. "I hope you don't mind them."

 

Sighing, Amon just shrugged. "Well, I mean I don't mind. You are a part of my people if you want to take in subordinates, you are more than welcome. It's not a bad thing, though I'd prefer it if you don't take everyone who likes Noland, spies might try those opportunities."

 

Cricket just continued scratching his head in embarrassment. "Hey, look at the bright side. I didn't need to buy a coated ship from scratch. Their ship is nice and they lend it so that we can coat it. It's an easy saving of money."

 

Amon just smiled at him "I guess." 

 

He didn't want to destroy the relationship just to get a small amount of bounty from the monkey brothers. Besides, strong people are always welcome.

 

While they talked, Amon introduced Raki and the disguised Robin to the two monkey brothers and then Cricket delivered the main information here.

 

"The ship is being coated by a guy from Shakky's Rip off Bar… the guy looks shady, but he said he can do it."

 

A few seconds passed. The world became silent for Amon. '...Fuck.'

 

"Eh, Bro what's up with that look in your face?"

 

Amon sighed at Raki's question. "It's nothing." A shady dude? Yes, it's obviously Rayleigh. Amon would have preferred to stay far away from him even though he was a man who stayed passive. 

 

'Well, what's done is done.' Shaking his head under Robin's gaze, Amon stretched his body lightly. 

 

"Mm, Anyway, take me there." 

 

"Hah, alright."

 

With Robin suddenly patting his back and Amon looking at her strangely, they started to walk with Cricket leading the way.

 

 

Inside Shakky's rip-off bar, Shakky was smoking a cigarette with her eyes squinting a newspaper. 

 

"Warlord of the Sea, Lucifer gets engaged with Alabasta Princess." Releasing a puff, she read the headline of the newspaper. 

 

"Mm, how strange. A warlord getting married, he certainly is an interesting character." She just tilted her head. "I guess people are strange these days. Young generation, huh…"

 

Sensing people walking towards the bar with her Haki, she prepared some snacks. She assumed it probably Cricket along with his group, and she was right.

 

Creak!

 

"Come on guys, the bar won't break down even though the building is in such a poor state…"

 

Saying such, a young man in his Seventeen's walked into the bar as Shakky looked at the scene silently. 'How interesting.'

 

…..

 

After greeting Shakky, Amon and company took a comfortable seat all around the room. 

 

Sitting at the front, Amon ordered a juice, with Robin trying to get a whiskey, but ultimately being rejected by Amon. Raki just looked around the room with excited eyes. Every place Amon was taking her to, it was her first time.

 

"Lucifer-chan, would you be satisfied with only a cup of juice?" 

 

Shakky asked as she handed out a juice to Amon at last, as he accepted it. 

 

"It's fine. Though I have to say, it feels nice knowing that I'm so famous for people so far from Whiskey Peak to recognize me as well."

 

Amon took a sip of the juice with a small laugh, as Shakky did the same with her eyes forming a crescent moon. "Well, that's to be expected if you are the most famous Warlord."

 

"Although Warlords are famous, there are the ones who people never even saw the faces of. While you, Lucifer-can, are a celebrity. First the world's most famous hunter, then becoming a Warlord at a young age. Not only that, you are actively using your powers as well."

 

Shakky finished her sentence while handing out a bowl of an ice cube and another glass of juice to Amon…

 

"Though I have to say, your companions are as interesting as you," Shakky said while glancing at Raki and Robin. Though it was mostly Robin, that anyone could tell.

 

While Robin frowned lightly, Shakky looked away. "She's your…?"

 

"Sister, Wife, Love, Queen, Empress, Goddess, everything. She's my everything, she manages pretty much everything for me." 

 

With Raki spilling out her drink, Robin froze for a second before looking abruptly at Amon's eyes.

 

Her lips bobbled up and down. She would have normally scolded him not to flirt with her, but after what happened last night… she wasn't sure anymore.

 

Shakky just giggled lightly. "How sweet."

 

Amon went with her humour as a few minutes passed swiftly. While Robin tried her best to not do anything strange after hearing those words, Amon kept talking with a smile. 

 

"Oh, by the way?"

 

"Yes?"

 

Shakky replied lightly.

 

"As much as I enjoy our small talk, can I meet the Ship Coater? I'd like to check his progress… if you don't mind."

 

Shakky just smiled. "No need for you to go, the man is coming here himself."

 

While Raki looked towards the door, everyone followed her gaze. Amon did sense him already, his words were just to keep up the conversation. 

 

With the door opening, a fit man in black t-shirt, wearing round glasses, and a scar on his left eye entered the room. Raki couldn't feel a thing from him, he looked average.

 

On the other hand, Amon almost jumped up. His Observation Haki was telling to be careful even though Rayliegh wasn't even doing anything.

 

'Fuck, so this is Rayleigh, the person I only saw through digital screen… Dark King, Rayleigh. Pirate King's first mate. He is dangerous, I guess even most people with Observation Haki won't be able to tell it…"

 

"Well hello," Rayleigh could, to a degree, feel Amon looking through his 'normal' disguise. He took a while to recognize the boy, as a smile bloomed on his face. "Who would have thought, I would coat the ship of a Warlord, how lucky for an old man like me."

 

With him saying such, Amon got up from his seat with a small laugh.

 

"Hah, I feel blessed that Pirate King's crewmate, more so his right-hand man, is coating my ship. It's something I never even dreamed of, I'm the lucky one here."

 

While Rayleigh's eyes arched up slightly, Amon just walked towards him and gave out his hand for a handshake. With Shakky giggling at the spectacle, and his eyes going back to their normal look and his smile widening, Rayleigh accepted his hands.

 

"I have to say, I'm impressed. These days, the young generation doesn't really recognize me, I feel old, haha."

 

For a second, Rayleigh questioned himself. Was this a coincidence?

 

|—★—|

 

Meanwhile, in th vast blue sea two ships were about to collid with eachother.

 

The Skypiean ship with golden lining attracted quite the attention from the surrounding gazes of beasts.

 

"Mom… I, I'm scared." Aisa was hugging Isa tightly, she scared very much. 

 

She said with a shaky voice, "Bad guys are around, I can 'hear' them."

 

She started to sob lightly while Wyper was looking at th scene with annoyed eyes. 

 

'Guh, how does he manage to calm this cry baby.' Wyper griited his teeth in annoyance. 

He glanced at the ship a few hundred meters away from them. A muscular man was sitting on top of the ship, looking at their side.

 

….

 

He was smoking a cigar, wearing a loose shirt. Wearing a ring in his ears, the man also had a cut in his eyes. His bored gas made him look more intimidating.

 

Looking ahead, the man groaned lightly. "Would my bounty increase if I kill them all?"

 

He wasn't interested in the gold as much as he was in their life. He wanted to boost in his fame.

 

He was one of the highest boydnty holders in this 'Paradise'.

 

"Hahh…" He chuckled lightly. "A bounty of 130 million isn't appealing to me anymore, it's already been 3 years since I got a new one."

 

Throwing away his cigar, the man stood up and cracked his neck lightly.

 

Grinning brightly, the man planned his next moves at that ship of seemingly angels.

 

However, "H...Huh?"

 

Before he could think more, light blinded his eyes. He couldn't see, but he could feel the heat.

 

In his surprise, only a single shout was all that he heard before losing all his seanes to the heat.

 

"<Fire Dragon: Nine Heavens!>"

 

It was fire, it was flame.

 

**

**

**

 

This chapter was proofread by Discord members and edited by @Retuculum and @AyyZelos.

 

Discord: discord.gg/sek3gZV2jg]

32