Shyarly!
1.5k 2 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Read 15+ chapters before release in P.A.T.R.E.O.N–

Link: patreon.com/Master4thWall 

Discord: discord.gg/sek3gZV2jg]

*

Chapter 82

Title: Shyarly...

….

–Amon Pov–

After walking for a few minutes, we came across the Mermaid cafe. 

Melo had a pretty cheerful look. I didn't expect him to meet him like this. He even got married. How pathetic. He let go of all the rage, grudge and revenge. They would have been the source of his power. 

Ignoring the lingering thoughts, I looked ahead to the entrance of the cafe.

According to my information, this cafe is managed by Shyarly, the fortune teller.

Hmm, would it be a good idea to go inside? She can predict what I will do this time… but I guess it's not really a bad thing. I plan to not hide like a rat anymore after all. 

"Hey, leader. Let's go inside."

Nodding to Melo, I then walked behind him–Wait, He said his wife works here…. Could it be that Shyarly is his said wife? It would be a clìche scenario, but it's not impossible… 

With too many complicated thoughts in my mind, I stepped inside the cafe as something truly unique enters my eyes…

….

I have never seen such a scene before. Mermaids were dancing inside the bar, they were called the Mermaid Dancers. Many mermaids were serving the customers. Many humans besides us were also here, though the Mermaids didn't seem to mind.

I observed them for 5 seconds before shifting his gaze around the cafe. It was gorgeous and had more than 4 floors. I guess Shyarly must be atop. 

Melo then led us to a table in the corner as he sat on a chair in front. Me, Raki and Robin sat opposite him.

Sitting, Melo chirped cheerfully. "So, leader, how have you been? I heard you became a warlord?"

I thought he didn't even know. At least he's not that pathetic, huh.

"Yes, I did become one. Not sure if you'd like it though." I said, indicating how he left the guild.

"Haha… well, I guess you'd think that after what I said that day. But fear not, I won't hate you ever." He said with a determined face. "Besides… you see… Even though I said all that, I'm here spending my time with my wife."

I was mocking him inwardly while smiling outside. "Oh? Your wife, you said she works here? You won't introduce her?"

Melo quickly jerked up. "Yes, yes. That's why I brought you here." 

After that, Melo started to look around the room as he couldn't find anyone. He then went to a Maid and asked her about his wife. Not so long after, he returned with a red-haired mermaid beauty.

Oh, so it's not Shyarly. Good.

Sighing internally, I smiled and waved his hands to the woman.

She had a human torso, while her body from down her stomach is just fish. She looks beautiful, but I've seen better. A typical Mermaid I guess, fucking idiot lost himself to this woman huh.

….

An hour later, Melo was sitting with his wife on his side. His eyes were teary a little, but he was still smiling.

"And then we got married. After that, I stopped doing piracy and living happily here." His wife helped him wipe his tears. "I have… given up on my revenge."

This was when the woman opened her mouth. "Calm down, Melo. We would be fine."

Meh. 

I had my smile, but it was hard to not cringe. 

Basically, in his journey he one day faced a marine ship with a Vice-admiral on it. I know that guy as well, he's a good pawn… Anyway, he got defeated and barely escaped by the sea.

Like last time's cliche, he again met another woman, this woman, and after some time he found out she's also the blood-sister of his previous wife. So, they got married.

Ahh, how mildly infuriating. He forgot about all those words… I guess preferences, huh.

Shaking my head internally, I shooed away the thought. I don't care about some guy's goals going highway.

We talked with them for a few more minutes, while Melo asked, "So, why are you here? Is it to meet Warlord Jimbei? Or just sightseeing? If it's the second, I can be your guide!"

Finally asking the real question, huh… Anyway, Jimbei? I guess I will meet him eventually. 

I then said in a similarly joyous voice. "It's just to sightsee… and some personal work."

Melo decided not to pry and moved forward. He talked about Robin and Raki as well, as around an hour had passed.

It was then when I sensed someone coming down from the uppermost floor. In a second, I used 'Thunder Eyes' to determine the target's identity. 

Uh-huh, it's her. But why is she rushing down? Did she see anything urgent… did she sense something about me?

Before I could think more, the dial on my hands vibrated silently and suddenly.

Feeling the vibration in his pants, I got up. "Excuse me, I will use the washroom real quick."

Ignoring Robin's gaze, I walked to the washroom and teleported somewhere far from the Cafe, in an alleyway.

….

Kacha!

["Hello, Boss?"]

It was a sickly male voice. ["You in Fishman island yet? Something big just happened."]

I frowned. "I'm here. Tell me what's so big?"

["The Queen has returned already… I think soon, a broadcast will start."]

Just as the sickly voice said this, a loud chirping occurred from a few speakers.

[Citizens of Fishman island, the Queen has returned!]

Forming a grin, I disconnected the dial and started to talk to myself. "Oh fuck. My memory is playing me? I thought she was supposed to return 2 weeks after leaving, it's been a week only. Hah, I guess it's been more than 14 years already, huh."

Not thinking too much of it, I teleported back to the washroom in a Flash.

As I was inside the teleporting process,  my brain was working at its top speed for some milliseconds after I imbued it with electricity. 

If the queen is here already, then I need to fasten my plans. When will Hody strike?... I guess 2 days? Anyway, I'm not sure. I will wait and won't reveal my Warlord identity before that incident. According to my calculations, it would create too much inconvenience if I do.

Thinking this, I completely teleported back to the washroom. 

"Let's think these later."

Walking outside through the door, I came across Shyarly who was too busy to notice me. While riding a bubble, she was going towards the spot where the queen was supposed to be. Shyarly left as I stared at her back.

I had a question… What's the origin of her power? 

Devil Fruit, or a higher and different version of Observation like Aisa? 

Neither the first nor the latter seem so plausible to me since she does need to use a Crystal Ball to see the future. I don't think devil fruits would need such help, while other than a few devil fruits, I don't remember seeing any equipment ever managing to boost Haki, the power generated from Will.

 So something like Basil Hawkins ability? A technique made by herself, or she found it lurking under the ocean? I mean this world's martial arts are damn OP. Fishman Karate, Hasshoken, Rokushiki, etc. They don't make sense normally. So that might be the case as well.

...Anyway, whatever it is I will see later. I don't have any knowledge on how to bypass her ability as of now. For now,  I will do like how I do with Aisa. Don't wanna be on the losing end after all…

I then slowly walked forward and took a left turn, looking at the group I wave my hands.

"Yo, Melo what's up with the broadcast just now? You know something?"

I acted aloof as Melo made a thinking expression. "Oh, you guys don't know that the Queen left, huh… Anyway, In short, a week ago  Fishman Island's Queen left with a World Noble and has now returned safely."

"Huh? A World Noble?" I feigned ignorance again. "For real? I thought they hated Fishmen… don't they enslave Mermaids?" Suddenly as his face changed, I decided to change the subject. "Ah ignore what I said… Is it fine if we go and observe the Queen as well…?"

After hearing me, Melo's face darkened while thinking about World Nobles, Mermaid slaves. But he soon smiled brightly looking at his wife beside him. 

I'm getting a serious red flag vibe here… Not that I care.

We walked out of the cafe after paying the bill, albeit the Mermaid wife tried to stop us. After a few minutes of walk, we finally reached the spot where a large crowd had gathered.

In the front, a single woman was holding a paper in her hand and was raising it upwards.

"Everyone! One of the World Nobles has given his words. This paper contains his agreement on the immigration of Fishman island to the surface!"

The queen said in a loud voice while the loudspeakers all around the island broadcasted her speech.

How interesting. So nothing changed from Canon?

I wonder, how did she manage this? How did she manage to get the help of that dude who was bent on fucking every Fishman after returning to Marijoes?… Did she use her body? 

She ain't so beautiful even though she is a Queen, rather she has a weird physique… But I guess preferences, so it does seem plausible.

Anyways, I don't care. I'm not here for her anyway.

….

After hearing the queen's words for a while, Amon decided to split with the group saying he had work to do. 

He went to meet with his spies and checked their state of loyalty after hypnotizing them and asking some questions. After checking everything, he returned to the spot where the large crowd was.

«...★...»

Many Fishmen were currently giving out their signatures to the Queen who was shedding tears of happiness. 

In a corner, Shyarly was done meeting with the Queen. She was happy nothing bad happened to her. Even though she already knew nothing would have happened to the Queen, she was still sceptical about her own powers.

Now she was returning to her Cafe but something caught her eyes… 

A man clad in a dark purple suit from head to toe. He definitely looked like someone suspicious. 

She narrowed her eyes instantly. 'Suspicious…'

Shyarly nudged one of her guards and said in a low voice. "Ask some Royal Guards to keep an eye on that man. I will check his future after returning…"

Unfortunately, she couldn't use her Observation Haki without that crystal. She didn't know what it was called in reality, but it really was a special version of OH. It comes from her genes.

On the outside, just like her half-brother Arlong, she's a Shark-type, albeit she's a Mermaid. 

Fishman ancestry works differently from Humans, one can't tell how the child will look from the parents' looks. They can have the look of a faraway ancestor from hundreds of years ago.

In her case, she was a mutant. Even though she had shark overlook, she was the mix of a special extinct type of fish who had some special perks. The Crystal Ball is a part of her body, which she lets out of her body like how a snake lays its egg. Using it, she can see the future. One had to say, Fishmen genes were truly interesting.

She then quickened her pace with a frown. 'Let's return fast… I need to check the future soon, I have a bad feeling about this.'

On the other hand,

Ignoring the gaze from Shyarly, Amon inspected Queen Otohime for a while. Her ability to sense emotions are quite different from Amon. She hears their internal 'scream' while Amon hears the 'voice'. It sounds similar, but Amon's power is more versatile in the long run. He can sense it so accurately that he could guess one's thoughts, while Otohime only sensed the emotions only.

It's something to consider that not all Observation Haki user can feel emotions, only a very few of them can.

In the Shandia tribe, Amon and Aisa are a variable as Raki, Duy and others can't do it. While most Birkans can do it since they follow the religious path. They, specifically the priests, need to have that power to guide normal mortals after all…

Amon had a weird thought. What will his future be like? 

"I wonder… what Shyarly will do. What will she see? Ha...hahahaha. Will she see that I will kill… Neptune?"

**

**

**

A/N: Kill Neptune?! What's happening here?!

This chapter was proofread by Discord members and edited by @Retuculum and @AyyZelos.

27