Jimbei!
1.5k 2 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Read 15+ chapters before release in P.A.T.R.E.O.N–

 

Link: patreon.com/Master4thWall 

*

Chapter 83

Title: Jimbei!

….

 

Amon kept looking at the scene ahead. Meanwhile, Robin spotted him from far and came to him within the crowd. He met up with her and Raki as they then kept looking at the scene in silence.

 

‘No way am I gonna let Fishman Island immigrate to the surface, But I can’t let the queen die as well, I need to be a hero again, so I guess more plotting huh…'

 

Amon scratched his cheek. 'Sigh, this is getting boring… I need to make some big moves soon.' 

 

Amon decided something.

 

It’s been 14 years, yet all this time he’s been passive. ‘But, I guess I have to hold a little more… just a little. It's necessary.'

 

….

 

While this was happening, Shyarly was in her chamber. Her eyes closed her hand above the crystal ball. She was trying to predict the future of the man clad in dark purple… “!!!”

Her eyes arched up instantly as her body shook. “S-someone!”

 

A few guards quickly ran to the chamber. “What is it, Miss Shyarly??”

 

“Quickly, let Boss Jimbei know…  The King is in danger! The Fishman Island is in danger! Call him here!"

In her crystal ball, the face of an angel was glimmering. Not caring for his angelic face, he had the severed head of... King Neptune in his hand. More so, he had a devilish grin plastered on his face.

 

_
_
_

Amon used ‘Thunder Eyes’ to spy inside Shyarly’s room. He had a smile on his face as he closed his technique. He just tried to trick her future vision.

 

‘My guess is, her ability, doesn’t matter the origin, is connected to wide sensing of one’s will. 

 

Suppose, inside a large room 100 people are kept; they are told to kill each other. Who will be the last to stand?

 

She can determine it by subconsciously sensing all their will and calculate all of them accordingly, thus reaching the most possible conclusion. 

 

However, it can be proved wrong if one of the 100 people’s emotions suddenly changed, and they were strong enough to back up that change and go against 99 people's emotions at once. Like this, even her divination can fail.

 

Although, the conclusion is most of the time correct since even if 1 person changes, the remaining 99 stays the same. 99 is bigger than 1 after all.

 

Still, if someone strong enough, with enough will power changes their mind, then the future will change as well.

 

At the moment I saw her leave, I just tried to force my will into believing 'I WILL KILL NEPTUNE' and it worked, I tricked her system…

 

But can I change this future? Is my will strong enough, am I strong enough…? Actually, who knows?' Amon laughed internally.

 

There was still a chance that all this was a big coincidence, but it matters not. Amon was confident enough to sink  Fishman Island if really needed. Not that neither he nor the Fishmen would drown and die….

 

Amon let out a suppressed laughter as Robin looked at him strangely. 

 

“Hey Robin,” Amon called while still looking ahead.

 

“Yes?”

“I’m soon gonna fight Jimbei, another Warlord of the Sea. Don’t intervene, okay?”

Robin’s eyes arched upwards. From her knowledge, Jimbei was in a different league than Crocodile. “No… You are a devil fruit user you can’t win against him he-”

Amon clasped Robin’s hand tightly. “Listen, I’m gonna be fine. I always have been.”

 

"No… you say that all the time." Robin started to debate with him silently, while Raki stayed silent with a deadpan expression from the middle. 

 

'If brother is saying he would be fine, he definitely has ways…' Her grip on her sword tightened. The cursed sword has been making fun of her a lot, but she never gave up.

 

….

 

‘It’s my fault that I decided to test Shyarly’s limit. I obviously don’t plan to kill Neptune. At that moment, it was just to stimulate my emotions. I guess it worked, but as a price, Jimbei will come after me. Worth it, I now don’t have many loose ends.’ Smiling in pure satisfaction, Amon gripped Robin’s hand one last time. 'Besides, I want to see, how far behind I am to Jimbei in regards to my physical strength. Obviously, pure power-wise, I beat him a million times.'

 

Before long, Amon had mixed among the crowd. 

 

Meanwhile, Jimbei was looking at him from beside Otohime. He just heard about Shyarly calling him, but she didn't specify things. For now, he will leave this suspicious-looking guy to roam, first he will talk with Shyarly.

 

Thinking such, Jimbei excused himself from the queen and walked towards Shyarly's Cafe.

 

«...★...»

 

"Impossible!... Are you certain?! A single man can't possibly…"

 

The Knight of the Sea, Jimbei had wide large eyes as he listened to Shyarly. "I'm surprised as well… but that's what I saw."

 

Jimbei got lost in thought. "...I see." He knew how accurate her divination was, more so this was about the King's life…

 

"Queen Otohime is in a happy state… Do not let the news reach her." Jimbei said in a deep voice. "I, the Knight of the Sea, will protect my King all by myself."

 

With a serious face, Jimbei walked away from the room. As he left, Shyarly bit her lips after she took a look into the future again.

 

She hoped it was one of the times her divination would fail but… The future didn't change.

 

«…★...»

 

"Sniff… everyone! I'm so happy… sniff!"

 

Queen Otohime was flowing in tears while everyone was trying to comfort her.

 

"Mother, please go to the castle with us. You can return after a short break. Please…"

 

The eldest prince of Fishmen, Fukaboshi said while clasping his mother's hands. 

 

"Don’t you want to meet Shirahoshi? She can't come out since she's been being targeted by flying love letters from the time you left a week ago." Hearing him, Otohime's eyes arched upwards.

 

"What…"

 

This incident happened earlier than canon because Amon ordered his spies to intervene… Amon was currently…

 

Quickly, Queen Otohime, along with the three Prince rushed to the Castle.

 

"My heaven!" Otohime screamed in misery.

 

….

 

Currently, Amon was in the forest of Fishman Island, the place where the Poneglyph was kept. Surprisingly, this was a place where people didn't usually come much. 

 

Currently, Amon was copying the Poneglyph's text, writing them down in his small notebook. If he succeeds this time then the notebook will be useless, but if he fails then it will be pretty useful, to say the least.

 

It was already around night, it was a little hard to write in the darkness. Amon imbued lighting in his eyes, as they worked like a flashlight. He could have used his Observation Haki if he wanted.

 

While time passed, Amon completed writing the texts down. After that, he took a break and ate some food. He came here not only to get the text but to only lure the prey here.

 

….

 

Time passed, as around dawn he was laying in the ground, sharing the mangrove above. It was providing sunlight from the Ocean's top.

 

It was then when he heard the loud footsteps of a single person.

 

Amon's gut was right. Because then, a blue-skinned fat fish had appeared in the forest.

 

With the sound of his loud footsteps, indicating his pride as a Knight, the man stopped walking and said in a deep voice. "I've been looking for you, assassin. Remove that hoodie of yours, you ain't gonna succeed in achieving what you want."

 

Knight of the Sea, Jimbei was here. "I will stop you." He wanted to rush and smash his head but… he recalled his no-killing promise with Fisher Tiger.

 

Jimbei clenched his teeth. "...Get out of Fishman Island right now, or I shall certainly break your ribs."

 

Hearing him, Amon got up from the ground. He grinned brightly as he slowly took off his hoodie.

 

"Yo, it's our first time meeting, huh. Nice to meet you, Warlord of the sea, Jimbei."

 

Jimbei took a few seconds to recognize that face, as finally, his eyes arched upwards. It took a few seconds to conclude. 'Could it be… the World Government wants the King's life?!'

 

**

**

**

This chapter was proofread by Discord members and edited by @Retuculum and @AyyZelos.

 

Discord: discord.gg/sek3gZV2jg]

29