Battle of Warlords!
1.4k 2 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Read 15+ chapters before release in P.A.T.R.E.O.N–

Link: patreon.com/Master4thWall 

Discord: discord.gg/sek3gZV2jg]

*

Chapter 84

Title: Battle of Warlords!

….

Currently, two figures of largely differing statures were standing opposite to each other in the Sea Forest of Fishman Island.

The area had a lot of coral growing around it, more so than normal due to the light emitted by the Sunlight Tree Eve. It is populated by all kinds of sea fauna, including schools of fish and pods of whales. There are also several shipwrecks there because sunken ships are dragged here by the ocean currents, thus the epithet "Ship Graveyard".

The two figures were inside the bubble space, so one of them, the human, was safer than being outside of it.

….

Jimbei stared at the hood-down Amon with wide eyes. He didn't expect another warlord here.

"Yo, nice to meetcha."

Even though there are 7 Warlords, there are cases where some of them didn't even meet once. Amon and Jimbei were one of those cases. For that reason, Jimbei didn't know much about Amon. But he had a guess…

'If Shyarly is right… he will try to kill his highness. I don't recall him having any grudge towards us, so the only conclusion would be that the government has sent him…' Jimbei's veins popped up. 

"Hello? Mister Warlord?"

'A government's dog!'

In spite, Jimbei rushed forward. He won't kill him, but he will at least cripple him. He won't let a person who wanted to kill his king go away freely. At least not when the government is behind it.

"You human!" Jimbei screamed and punched towards Amon. He was pretty different from his anime counterpart 10 years from now. Although Fisher Tiger's last words and Otohime's attempts made him lean towards his good side, he still possessed a little hate for humans.

"Hahh!"

He jabbed towards Amon.

The attack was fast, as Amon barely dodged it and Jimbei's hand missed him by an inch. Amon decided to not use his thunder powers, it won't help him determine his limit.

'Why am I even doing this, you ask? First, testing myself and 2nd taking precaution about Shyarly's divination. I would bring her in my army, or just kill her.' 

Bam!

Looking at Jimbei's fist, Amon thought. 'The current Jimbei is weak… very weak. I guess I won't have to go all out.'

Again, Jimbei's fist rushed towards Amon's chest. Amon had no intention to dodge, he took a step back and swung his fist forward.

The two fists collided with each other!

Bam!

The clash wasn't strong enough to create a shockwave, but it did. It was because of the Martial art, Fishman Karate!

Colliding with Jimbei's fist, Amon's hand twisted slightly as he instantly jumped backwards. 'Damn, Haki mixed with Fishman Karate is too much.'

Amon wasn't weak in any sense. Even without the fruit, he was overall stronger than Jimbei. But he forgot even someone weak like Hody Jones was able to destroy the Ryugu Palace with just his palm's grip. The current Jimbei was a lot stronger and also a lot more proficient at Fishman Karate.

Even without the fruit, in overall power capability, Amon will beat Jimbei, but in sheer strength and defence, Jimbei wins.

In the Fishman Karate pose, Jimbei looked at Amon. "Warlord, the Fishmen hold no grudge towards you. Can you justify your reason for being here, trying to assassinate the king?"

'Assassinate the king… Hah, I won't do it.' Amon already knew Jimbei heard it from Shyarly. 'I guess it's time to stop my head from constantly saying 'I will kill Neptune'. Shyarly is probably still seeing that scene.' Shaking his head off the line, Amon again went back to— 'I'm the one…hshshsh… jhjhh' wordings. 

"And how do you know I'm here for that? Mister Jimbei, don't you think it's better to clear the misunderstandings? I don't plan to do such a thing, I'm just here to sightsee." Amon said with a smile.

"Lies! Even if that's not the case, you are around the Poneglyph! [Fishman Karate]!" 

Jimbei didn't bend on his uncertainty. If Amon didn't leave even now, he won't have a choice but to hurt him. 

He rushed forward in a fighting stance and palmed Amon in the chest.

Bam!

Amon didn't bother dodging, he rather blocked with his arms forming an X. 

Jimbei frowned seeing this. He then kept hitting on Amon's hands.

Bam! Bam! Bam!

Amon wasn't using any other defensive technique, only his invisible Armament. He could feel Jimbei's firm and strong punch/ palm hitting him hard. It was helping his Haki.

Amon didn't stay like that though, each opening he got, he also replied with attacks. Bam! Bam!

The fight was just an exchange of blows, there was no dodging. Two people were standing face to face and hitting each other in their respective battle style.

….

Finally, seeing that normal attacks were ineffective, Jimbei attacked Amon with his extraordinary level of Fishman Karate. 

"[Fishman Karate: Water Impact]!"

A water fence was formed on Jimbei's palms as he impacted Amon in the face. Amon tried to dodge the attack by taking a side step, but at last, it hit him right at his left shoulder!

"Gah!"

Amon was surprised himself… Jimbei wasn't supposed to be strong–No. Jimbei wasn't strong, rather he himself was weak. Past two years, he depended too much on his wings, after that he got Goro Goro no mi. Even when he doesn't use these two, he depends on Rokushiki too much. 

Techniques were good, but in front of sheer power, nothing could stand. Kaido was a big example. Gear 4th Luffy couldn't even scratch him. Not at all… until he got Advanced Armament.

Amon clenched his teeth. He can finish the fight with a single 115 million volts, or by dodging and attacking using his Rokushiki, something he's been training from a young age. But… that's not enough. That's not sheer power, that's just swiftly applying his sheer power. 

'Ugh, fuck me. What did Rayleigh say about Armament again?' Saying fuck it, Amon recalled Rayleigh's words and used Seimei kikan on his shoulder to relieve the pain and jumped back. 

Doing such, he was just at the end of the bubble barrier, just behind him the sea was lingering.

"Hah… that martial art sure is something, huh." Amon had some bruises around his body, but he wasn't tired that much. While on the other hand, Jimbei was gasping crazy.

Looking at the Jimbei who was trying to catch a breath, Amon looked at his fist. It was bloody from all the skirmishes with an ink-black Haki imbued fist mixed with Fishman Karate… 'Fuck it.'

Amon put strength in his legs as he leapt forward, towards Jimbei's face! His fist shined briefly. 'Think of your fist as an elephant…' Suddenly, his hand covered into a shining black armour. 

Amon grinned as he swung his fist backwards. He couldn't believe Rayleigh's one line helped him bypass his bottleneck. "Rokuogan: Armament Impact!"

His Haki imbued arm shined purple before it hit the caught-off-guard Jimbei right in his face with a purple shockwave-like beam leaving his fist, penetrating Jimbei's body in the process.

….

Lightly, Jimbei fell on his back.

Amon stared at him for a few seconds before grinning lightly. "What a crazy defence… Even when I hit your head."

"Huff…" Jimbei was alive, fine. Normal people would have died, their head would have burst.

He barely got up from the ground before looking at Amon with one of his eyes purple. Amon was injured at we'll, but they were just scratches. 

"Don't underestimate… Fishman Physique. That was… nothing."

"Underestimate? I never did, it's just a little enviable." Amon said. "I don't plan plans to kill you, Knight of the sea."

Jimbei completely ignored his words, he grinned and jumped forward without any prior notice. "I hate to do it in this disgraceful way, but I have to for the sake of the King!"

Just behind Amon's back, the bubble barrier was standing proud, holding the sea on the other side of it.

While the sounds of sea waves filled the area, Jimbei jumped at Amon as both of them penetrated the bubble and… dropped into the sea. 

Fishmen are stronger in the water. While a devil fruit user was useless… or is it? Unbeknownst to Jimbei, Amon let himself get dragged. He has prepared everything beforehand.

Jimbei didn't stop as he swam fast, deeper into the dark sea.

Meanwhile, in the darkness of the world, Amon had a cold expression which soon transformed into a massive grin.

«...★...»

[A few minutes later]

On the other side, in the middle of Fishman island, a large commission was taking place.

"Fire! Kyaa!"

The boxes containing the hundreds of signatures of citizens were in a fire! This would lead to the doom of the Queen's dream!

"No! Someone bring water!"

Queen Otohime ran from the middle of her children. She brought Shirahoshi as well since she was being stubborn.

In front of her, the fire was burning the thing she's been craving for years! She was going through a crisis seeing the scene.

"No... No… Noo!"

Everything seemed fuzzy to her. The screams of her subjects listened loud and hazy to her ears. 

"SOMEONE STOP THE FIRE!" She screamed on top of her lungs. Tears falling down her cheeks. "Call the Fishman Karate users!"

Seeing everyone running around, Otohime tried to extinguish the fire with her dress as a few guards dragged her back. "Your highness, you can't!"

"No, no! I have to do something! They are the signature I've been collecting for a–…"

Bang!

Before she could finish her words… A gun-shot resounded from far away as a red trail of blood dripped from Otohime's chest.

Someone has assassinated the Queen!

Zzzz…

**

**

**

This chapter was proofread by Discord members and edited by @Retuculum and @AyyZelos.

Discord: discord.gg/sek3gZV2jg]

30