Fishman Island (2)
691 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 182

Title: Fishman Island (2)

....

Zerosyrus is a good bike. With the lids closed, it can easily travel through the sea. I surely find this way safer than wearing a diving suit (though I am still wearing one under my jacket right now). Getting closer to the Fishman Palace, protected by a large bubble, I streamed electricity and teleported inside, just outside the gate.

Bzzt~

The guards flinched at first, grabbing their weapons, but recognising the familiar bike, they drew their weapons back. As I clicked a button, causing the lids to open, they bowed while I stepped out of the bike.

"Honorary guest, welcome back." One of the guards said, in a very humble tone. "I suppose I should park the bike at the usual place?"

Smiling, I nodded and handed him the keys to the bike, getting a nod in response. As the guard left, the other guard pressed the bell and bowed towards me. After not that long, the door opened as Otohime sprung from the other side of the door.

"Mister Amon, you're finally here!" Otohime immediately bowed, showing her respect as I laughed softly.

"It's been a while since my last visit. I was close by, so I thought why not meet with my student on the way?" I chuckled, helping her raise her head. "Speaking of her, where is Shira?"

Otohime quickly brought me inside, guiding me towards a sofa, as I sat with her opposite to me. Some maids arrived with tea and served us, a pleasant smile on their faces.

"Shira is in the Study Room, studying with her siblings," Otohime said. "Would you like to meet her first, or would you want some food first?"

I slowly shook my head at her question. "Unfortunately I had my lunch at Big Mom's place. I am full currently." Seeing her nod, I continued. "Though I would love some alone time with the beautiful Mermaid queen and let Shirahoshi finish her lesson."

Otohime giggled hearing me, picking up her tea and taking a sip. "Certainly, though wouldn't it be best to talk about work with my husband?" She asked. "Or am I needed for something other than work, hm?"

I chuckled softly, not declining her claim. Otohime has quite the way with her words, she has enough experience to notice what type of person I am. While I am sure she won't do anything intimate with me because of her loyalty to Neptune, she certainly doesn't mind flirting a little.

But to be honest... It's about work. "As much as I would like to spend time with you, it's about work, a request I suppose. I was thinking of hiring Shyarly for a few days, if you don't mind of course." I say, seeing her pause.

Shyarly is an important power of Fishman Island. Her divination helps them a lot and allows them to look for the best possible choices in politics. Handing them to another person would be inconvenient. But honestly? They won't refuse me.

"Of course, as long as it's you, Amon. And I am sure Neptune will agree. But can I ask why you would need her?" She asks, as I think of the answer.

"...It's because of a certain girl in my crew. She has great Observation Haki, so I was thinking if Shyarly could teach her Divination for a few days." I was talking about Aisa. I have sensed that her Observation Haki has reached a stage where she can even match me... well, not entirely.

Everyone's Observation Haki is different, even if they share similarities. By now, Aisa has reached a level close to Katakuri. Yet, she can't see the future, even when she tries her best. I only have one guess – that her Observation isn't the type to work on seeing the immediate future, she is rather a type like Shyarly who sees the far future. Without any way for me to teach her, I need to use Shyarly instead.

Hearing my reply, Otohime's expression became soft. "Ah, it's that sweet girl Aisa, isn't it? Of course, I will talk with Shyarly personally. I am sure she would be happy to help." Otohime said, remembering her time in Skypiea a few years ago.

After that, we talked some more. Mostly about our life and sometimes about our alliance. My alliance with Fishman island has been of huge profit and would be more after Whitebeard dies. Since I plan to declare it as my territory before Big Mom.

Finally, as around an hour passed by, Otohime ended her talk with a giggle. "Then if I must, we should go and meet Shira. You must be bored talking with an old lady like me."

I chuckled and followed her, as she stood up and started walking. "Not at all, it's been a fun talk."

With another giggle from her, we slowly walked, with me glancing around the castle. It's a good place.

«—★—»

–General Pov–

'Only Amon teaches without any boring and monotonous lines.' Shirahoshi sighed.

Honestly, she didn't like studying. It was fairly easy with her intelligence but sitting in her butt for hours, waiting for the teacher to finish the lecture, she always got bored. Sighing again, she stared as the teacher left, bowing.

She has been homeschooled from birth, mostly because of her title as a princess and partly because her parents didn't want the situation with Hody Jones to repeat itself. She was fairly aware, but it was still boring. At least she was free to leave the palace, meeting the people below. So she was grateful.

'I wonder when Amon is going to return. It's already been 4 months... or did he stop seeing me?' She shook her head excessively, not wanting the thought to linger in her mind. She was sure Amon enjoyed her presence, so she didn't want to think of the worst-case scenario. 'He is my best friend, he won't leave me... would he?'

"Hey Shira, let's go and play." Her youngest brother called her, making her look at his tiny figure with a smile. "Or would you wait until lunch?"

Hearing him she shook her head, she didn't want to wait. By 'play' the boy meant playing with Sea Kings, food can wait. Giggling to herself, she opened her lips, "Let's go right now," but before she could continue more, someone entered the room with her mother, making her freeze.

"Hey, Shira, surprise! Look who's here!" Looking over, as her mother finished her talk, seeing Amon waving at her, she felt her eyes widen and her smile grow as she jumped forward.

"It's you, Teacher!" She leapt, catching him by her huge hands, squishing him against her massive chest.

From her mother's smile, she could tell this surprise was planned. Frankly, she didn't dislike it.

-

Being pressed against the soft chest of the Mermaid Princess was certainly nice, but that wasn't important. Pushing her massive hands aside with his monstrous strength, Amon flew above her head and placed his hand on her head, patting it.

"Shirahoshi, I asked you to not hug me like that, it's suffocating." He said sternly, only achieving a giggle from the Princess. "Hah, I see you don't take your teacher seriously."

"Teacher, you are too small for me to take seriously. Maybe when you do that giant transformation." She said, making Amon shake his head slowly with an amused smile.

'She is actually not scared. Pretty different from anime. Her anime counterpart was even scared of fucking Luffy.' Amon thought in his mind. This Shirahoshi was a new Shirahoshi, none of her crybaby-ness was present, she was a confident and cheerful princess. 'While I am sure things can change when I really get serious, her fright isn't a necessity to manipulate her. And.'

"So, want to start our class already?" Amon asked, seeing her beam at him.

"Yes, please!" She giggled, rubbing his body against her cheeks.

«...★...»

Floating a little behind as Amon looked at Shirahoshi playing with massive Sea Kings, he contemplated. 'This is boring.'

As much as he enjoyed the risk of being underwater wearing a diving suit, being Shirahoshi's babysitter was boring. The quickest route to stop babysitting her would be to brainwash her fish brain completely. Something... he has tried before.

'Yes, although I did say my priority would be to recruit people first, and brainwash them only if they reject me, Shirahoshi is a variable. Being one of the Ancient Weapons, I would rather brainwash her to be safe.' Amon finished thinking, humming as he continued. 'But the brainwashing didn't work. Obviously, she is weak enough for my brainwashing to not fail, but it actually did. As for why it did, I have a few theories.'

One of the theories was about her Ability to command Sea Kings. Honestly, that power was just an Absolute Level of Conqueror's Haki, considering that in Canon Luffy was shown to order animals with his Conqueror's Haki as well – and Amon has done something similar to, it's not farfetched to say the power of Poseidon is just using her Conqueror's Haki at an Absolute Level. So being a user of Absolute Conqueror's Haki, it's no wonder Shirahoshi's mind is immune to brainwashing.

And as annoying as it was, Amon could do nothing. And he didn't care, since honestly, Shirahoshi is a child, and manipulating her isn't that hard. He can make her fall for him, or do the cliche 'brother' route like before. He has many ways to control her, and being her 'best friend' was good enough for now.

'This was a weakness. The point that I can't brainwash Conqueror Haki users.' He was correct, but to be honest, by the time Amon's own Conqueror's Haki gets super strong, this weakness would have long vanished.

But honestly? Not having Shirahoshi under full control mattered not. He already had Pluton on his hands from Alabasta. So Shirahoshi was rather a bonus than the main focus. She was useful, yes, but if she turned against him, he could one-shot her.

"Hey, teacher!" Hearing her call, Amon looked at her with a fake smile. "Come, my new friends want to meet you."

With a nod, Amon then floated towards her. It was a pain that he could not talk underwater. Maybe a new tech would do? Yes, he should work on it soon.

**

**

**

[Read more chapters in P.A.T.R.E.O.N]–

Link: patreon.com/Master4thWall

Discord: discord.gg/x97NjyNbAy

13