Chapter 231
573 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 231

When the Sins appeared out of nowhere, Sengoku was about to slam his head against a wall. He only calmed down when he realised there was no Amon around, he couldn't sense him even after stretching his Observation Haki to its limit. That gave him a bit of hope. The Sins might be strong, but they still didn't pose the threat of an Emperor. 

But now? Now that Kaido jumped in from the sky, Sengoku felt his heart halt briefly.

What the hell was happening here!?

He instantly regretted the idea of this public execution right then. He wanted to lure Whitebeard, and only him. Now, there were two more Emperors involved. Three of the living Four Emperors were here. However, he couldn't feel better knowing Shanks wasn't participating, in fact, it stung him knowing Shanks wasn't here. Because if the red-head had come here, the Marines would actually have someone on their side, that much Sengoku could tell. 

There was another matter at hand to worry about. Big Mom was here, even if dead, she was here. It also didn't seem like she was any weaker either, she in fact seemed stronger if anything else. That whispered a question, how was she stronger without her Homies?

She was somehow overpowering Kaido in strength… how exactly was she doing that??

There was a reason behind it that Sengoku didn't know. Big Mom was an emperor, her dead body would need the shadow of one or multiple strong people to make her into a proper Shadow Soldier. So, Amon used her own children against her. The few Big Mom children he didn't kill were all used in experiments. Almost all of them failed the experiments, yes, but only a few died. They were now mindless beasts, disfigured creatures like the Numbers from Beasts Pirates, but they had their own use.

Locking them in a dark prison inside New Thriller Bark, Yona simply stripped them of their shadows and mashed them inside their precious Mama's dead body. In canon, when many shadows were put inside Luffy, he had become Nightmare Luffy, Big Mom didn't go through that level of change since most shadows were used just to ‘start’ her up, but she was certainly stronger than her alive counterpart, at least physically.

Unfortunately, she couldn't use Haki. Normally, if a dead body who knew how to use Haki in their lifetime were given a strong shadow, he'd be able to use Haki even as a Shadow Soldier, but that's not the case for Big Mom. Haki is all about 'Will', a Shadow Soldier lacks that said 'Will' and only receives it from shadows that are inside them. In Big Mom's case, she is stuffed with people's shadows who are basically in a coma, they couldn’t have any will. In fact, Big Mom was moving only because of her natural instinct.

Sengoku felt relieved seeing Big Mom not being able to use Haki and in the end slowly getting overpowered by Kaido. 

Crack~Bam!

Kaido dealt a devastating blow on Linlin's head using his Thunder Bagura, causing a wound to open up in her forehead but no blood dripped. She was a dead body after all. 

Kizaru had by then moved away from the two raging Emperors. Sengoku wanted to curse at that coward, but if he was in his place, also considering he was as weak as Kizaru, he would have done the same. 

All the whilst, Whitebeard was keeping busy with dozens of Vice Admirals, and Yona had backed off to other enemies. That girl was dangerous, truthfully. She was practically erasing the battlefield with an eraser at this point. If she isn't stopped, this would be bad for both sides. 

Sengoku tapped on his Walkie-Talkie, sending a call, which was picked by a man wearing a sadistic grin.

["That red-head, you mean?"]

From his eyes, he could see Doflamingo pointing at Yona with a grin before frowning after he had explained his orders. Sengoku wasn’t sure if Doffy would listen to his command, but it was worth a try.

["Kukku, of course… I have been looking for an opportunity to pay back the Sky Emperor. Now that Kaido is here on the same battlefield, I am not scared."]

'Scared'. Doflamingo, the Heavenly Demon, was scared of Amon? Did Sengoku miss something? Then again, he missed many things when Amon was in the subject. Amon always knew if there was a spy, and in case he was feeling particularly lazy to kill the spy, he got out of the spy's sight in a matter of milliseconds. 

While Sengoku clenched his jaws, Doflamingo cut the call and dashed at Yona, the Arch Priestess. His thin strings severed multiple heads of Shadow Soldiers and Whitebeard Pirates as he reached in front of her, grinning like a madman.

After staring at those two for a second, Sengoku turned his gaze from there, Doffy would take care of the girl, he didn’t have anything to worry about here. He needed to keep the others at bay too. Next, Sengoku's eyes fell on the man who was blazing everything in his blue fire. Formal title, Fire Fist, then Fire Sultan, and now merely the Sin of Pride. 

Sengoku frowned at him. He was doing the most damage amongst the Sins, the least being the Motor Gang. He thought that that girl, Raki, would be the most dangerous here, and he was right, but she was busy so she was barely doing any damage to either Whitebeard Pirates or Marines.

Turning to her, Sengoku found her clashing with fucking Hawkeye Mihawk toe to toe. Hawkeye… Mihawk. He might be overall weak, but as long as he had a sword in his hand? He might as well have been called an Emperor. And that girl… she was fighting him toe to toe. Well, maybe not toe to toe. Sengoku was no swordsman, but Mihawk clearly had the upper hand there. 

Again, Sengoku turned to Wyper. He decided who to send after him. Mad Treasure, one of the Shichibukai. He had a great devil fruit, Chain-Chain fruit. He could create chains from all over his body. It was in truth an alternate version of Vice-Admiral Hina's ability, but the matter of fact was that Mad Treasure could make his chains imitate a sea-stone, which easily got him an upper hand. It wasn't actual seastone, of course, no devil fruit would be able to create that, but it worked similarly. When the chains are wrapped around Devil fruit users, they lose most of their powers.

Sengoku was about to use his Walkie-Talkie again to call Mad Treasure but he saw someone jumping down from the Admiral Seats from above. The man who wore a red suit and pants below his floating Marine Admiral cape, Akainu Sakazuki, the only Admiral who was yet to move, jumped towards Wyper.

Magma vs Fire. Sengoku reassured himself. Wyper has been taken care of.

...Or has he?

—★—

Something large was in the sea, just a few kilometres away from Marineford, and was closing that gap at a rapid speed. 

The seakings moved off, they ran and fled far from the construct that was swimming under the sea. 

A metallic object shaped like an earthworm but thousands of times larger, exactly 3 kilometres in length, was striding in the sea like a snake. 

It was the Ancient Weapon, Pluton.

Who knew all Ancient Weapons could move underwater? Then again, If Pluton couldn’t move through the water in this world where 90% of it is covered in water, then the weapon might even be useless instead. So that only made sense after putting a bit of thought into it. 

**

**

**

14