Chapter 248
536 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 248

Raki was so confused when she first opened her eyes. But when Amon brought her to a hug, she let the confusion settle down and tried to calm herself.

Peeking her gaze out from Amon's chest she found herself in the Door Dimension. The greenish world was quite easily recognised by her. Furthermore, garbage, debris, pieces of the golden city, and… disarmed humans were laid around floating in the cloud-sea beside her.

"Um… what happened?"

Raki asked slowly. 

The surroundings looked anything but in a good shape.

Before Amon could answer her question, his sword spoke again.

【Err… I am at my limit, I would like it if you could finish in a few seconds.】

Amon sighed and cancelled the hug.

"Freeze her."

Before Raki could react, her body froze in time. She lost her natural colour and blended with the surrounding green immediately.

Then Amon took a small breath in as threads of electricity left his body, landing on everything that he brought from the outside world. 

Then, in a blink, he teleported away along with all the things that had frozen in time.

Teleporting to a place that was safe from Imu's gaze. 

—★—

"M-milord, are you alright? You are not injured, are you?" Vinsmoke Judge asked in a worried tone.

In Skypiea, there were more islands than just Shandora and Angel Island. The New Thriller Bark and the Germa Kingdom were one of two such islands beside them.

They were quite a bit far from the impact point, so they were in perfect condition… not counting the minor damage caused by the debris flown this way.

One of Amon's clones was here, sitting in front of the standing Judge. 

Amon had initially created only 3 clones, one for Amazon Lily, one for New Thriller Bark, and one for Alabasta. But using those clones, he had created hundreds more.

Amon couldn't control this many, but not all were there to fight or even converse. Most were instead just around Mariejois to keep watch and see from where the attack had come from. Since his Observation range, even with Goro-Goro awakening, couldn't see it when the attack first happened. Though by the time he sent some clones, there was no trace of the attack left.

Now, they were watching out for an attack, instead. Amon wouldn't be able to avoid such an attack of that calibre again unless he had clones watching out from before. 

But some were in areas that needed a bit of protection. Though fortunately there was no need for that, as this wasn't really an all-out attack on the Government's part.

But the clone at Germa-66, at Judge's office, was for another reason... 

First of all, Karna was there even amidst the celebration, so he was safe too. Though, truthfully, Amon could care less about him.

After telling the kid that his mother was safe with his father also surviving out of luck, even though injured, Amon was staring at Judge.

"Are they ready?"

He didn't answer the question of his well-being. Judge was but a brainwashed puppet, no need to waste energy by conversing useless things with him.

  "They are, milord." Judge, not offended at all, replied. "I was able to prepare 5 of them."

Amon gave a nod. Five would do.

"But… where do I export them? Where have you retreated with the others?"

Amon sighed, his face morphing in light annoyance. This wasn't time for small talks with a puppet. 

He stood up from his seat. "Just lead me to the clones, I will take them with me. They have a strong body, they'd be able to withstand my high-speed."

Judge nodded again. 

As mentioned previously, Amon doesn't share the weakness of Teach who can only eat three fruits. The method Amon was using for multiple fruits was different than his, after all. 

So the reason why Amon only ate 2 new devil fruits was the lack of clones at that moment. Since when he absorbed the DNA of the first two clones, they became useless, as they lost their DNA as a whole. 

That's why Amon needed a new clone for each fruit. But unlike the Sins, who all had a few clones of their own prepared years ago, Amon never saw the need to have a clone made out of himself. 

In fact, he would have never cloned himself if not for the chance to get multiple fruits. It just gave him paranoia instead. What if cloning his body caused someone to reincarnate in that body? It was foolish, but so was this fantasy world.

Slowly, as Amon thought of what he would do to Imu, Judge led him in a room where multiple clones were kept. Without further delay, Amon took them away, teleporting to Alabasta.

—★—

Vivi was enjoying herself with a magazine after she was done with her daily training when one of Amon's initial clones suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

She was shocked and anxious when she saw his tattered clothes, which were slowly stitching themselves with a thread of white flame. 

She was further shocked when more of Amon's clones came out of nowhere with the core members of Einherjars.

Wyper, Duy, Mont Cricket, Brook, Yona, and then Boa Hancock who came along with Isa, Aisa, and Otama

"Prepare a large open area. Large enough to hold a football match… You know what Football is right?"

That's what Amon had said to Vivi minutes ago. Vivi did so as soon as possible, and now she and the survivors were waiting by the side of that area just when a shout came out of the space.

【—can't hold any longer!】

Green flashed as the space twisted and spat out a large-... Vivi didn't know what else to call it other than 'ruins'.

It was as if a giant, a giant whose foot was in a fire, had run over a city and now all the debris of that city was gathered in one place.

It was chaos.

She heard a gasp from behind her, and at the voice, she turned behind immediately to meet Isa. She cared for this woman and respected her because Amon is supposed to be doing the same, so seeing her horrified expression Vivi felt pity.

But unlike how she thought that Isa was gasping seeing the destruction… her next words proved it wrong.

"R-Raki?!"

Vivi's head instantly whipped forward, following Isa's gaze, as she saw it. Black hair cut straight, and a smiling face that had slight make-up on it. Though the make-up was now barely there, her lipstick ruined, Vivi recognised the severed piece of head immediately.

It was Raki!

She almost felt delighted before she bit her tongue down to suppress the emotion. Amon could feel emotions, it wouldn't be a good idea to-

Her delight was crushed regardless as she heard the voice which never failed to annoy her.

"Uh, aunty Isa! I am fine, don't worry!"

Raki, one who didn't have her hair cut or even any make-up put on, waved stiffly from behind Amon… While Amon stared at Vivi's face.

Vivi's breath caught but Amon only sighed softly and massaged his temple. 

"Vivi." The mention of her name caused her legs to weaken. "Take Isa away… along with all the others beside you. I don't want any distraction right now."

—★—

Seeing the distractions leave, Amon decided to repair and heal everything behind him.

Rather than opening a Room like before, he instead faced his palm at the sky.

"Err… brother, what are you doing?"

Seconds later, Raki asked, staring at the sky and seeing the gathering of a pale something that she would call an Aurora.

"Healing."

Amon replied. But From her facial expression, she was clearly sceptical about his words. 

It looked like plasma, but white. However, Raki held back her questions.

Above her head, the pale aurora twisted and whirled. It was like a vortex, a whirlpool, as the aurora started to grow dense and bright.

Then Amon swung his arm down as the aurora came crashing on the ruins.

Instantly multiple gasps filled the area as the white plasma engulfed them. With more grunts and groans, the survivor's bodies started to stir and twitch as their wounds started to heal at a blinding speed.

In less than a minute, everyone who lost a body part or two had regrown them back. Even Tsumi who's lower half was missing moments ago now had her body back, though she was naked below now. But that wasn't a problem for long since not long after, clothes started to teleport to not only Tsumi but also everyone who had their clothes destroyed.

But the humans weren't the only ones who were healed. The debris stitched themselves together, and as if time was going backwards, a portion of the golden city was rebuilding itself in front of everyone's eye.

It happened at the same time when humans woke up, healed. Soon the football field-sized place was filled with golden fortresses, still a bit broken here and there, with a Golden Bell in the middle.

Even the small automata, Shortmotor, the only member of Motorgang left on earth, was stitched back together by the broken parts that were scattered around.

From what Raki could see, whatever technique Amon used had regrown limbs and body parts out of thin air, but it only stitched the intimate object using the parts sccarrated around. 

Raki rubbed her nose. "So the Phoenix fruit could do all this? What was that technique?"

Amon prepared to give a calming speech for the surviving few hundred people, as he answered.

"It's a mixture of my awakened Phoenix fruit and Goro-Goro no Mi's Plasma."

Normally, even with awakening, the White Flames of Resurrection, it would take days to regrow limbs, let alone bring back a part of Shandora. However, by giving plasma—which can destroy stuff in seconds—the property of "Resurrection", he achieved this great feat.

 This was only possible because of the Phoenix fruit awakening, though.

Raki nodded in understanding, though she didn't get entirely off it.

Then Amon stepped forward at the crowd.

"Everyone, calm down. You are safe now."

—★—

Amon has been holding a haki barrier around the field to stop any peeking from Imu. But it seemed to him that Imu didn't even bother to peek, or… he couldn't do that here for some reason. Either way was good for Amon.

Then the next part of the plan began.

He went to the underground massive town-size hall where Pluton was kept. Amon was sure Imu couldn't peek here, because if he could, the marines would have already taken the Ancient Weapon away.

He might have not meddled with Amon's plans despite stalking him, but an Ancient Weapon should be too much to ignore.

There was something special about Alabasta, or Imu's Observation range just luckily ended at this point.

This at least gave Amon a sense of relief. 

Currently, Amon stood at a place a bit far from Pluton with five of his massive clones and Kuma.

Amon still had a veil of haki around the place for double measures, as this was the perfect time to proceed.

Kuma was in the most durable room of Seraph's Hall. It was the same place where Amon had kept the clones of Sins, which came to help him revive Raki from the dead. Teach and Gaban were kept prisoners in that room too, though in a different chamber. 

That part of the Hall was very durable, so people inside didn't sustain much damage. They would have if the beam lasted for more than 15 seconds, which it didn't. That's why Raki's clone wasn't even scratched, along with Kuma. 

Kuma, whose use will end after today.

Amon looked at the cyborg's expressionless face with a glittering light in his eyes.

Now… because Imu needed to die a terrible and painful death as soon as possible, Amon was going to eat some more Devil Fruits.

**

**

**

8