Volume 01: Prologue – New World
2.9k 5 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My name is Shiro, I got this weird name from my parents who are just infatuated with Japanese culture. They say they named me after the snow that fell the day I was born. I also have a white cat who so happens to have the name of Shiro. What are the odds?

Considering the cat is older than me by a year, I often wonder with their terrible naming sense if they named me after a cat. Of course they franticly insist that I was named after the pure white snow on that day and by no means after a cat. I mean they do realize that we live in the age of the Internet right? I can freakin’ check what the weather was like 12 years ago! And guess what?! There was no snow that entire December at all!

 

Of course good luck bringing that up to them, because the moment I do they always end up in a hurry or busy! Now that is not to say they aren’t busy or in a hurry to go places though, you see my parents are unfortunately rarely home. They travel around from place to place for their jobs. Which often led me to transfer from place to place. Recently though they decided since I got a bit older, it is best if I make some actual friends. So they decided to buy a house near Yellowstone and leave me with a babysitter. Personally I am kind of upset about the whole thing. My dream is to travel around the entire world and have an awesome adventure! Who wants a boring life sitting in one place their entire life? Men were born for adventure!

 

For better or for worse the babysitter they got is fairly lazy, more so than that lazy cat who wouldn’t even lift a paw if a mouse is literally right in front of him! I mean talk about lazy! The babysitter as well just comes over and mostly lies down and relaxes all day leaving me to my own devices. I could probably blow up the house and they wouldn’t care. Which kind of makes me feel a bit dejected. But there are perks because I can go wherever I want and do whatever I want without being hounded day and night like some of my friends. Of course when I say “friends”, I use the term loosely, for you see despite my current enthusiasm I am generally pretty timid around others. Not to mention I am a bit tomboyish, so I have little in common with the girls in my class. Most of them see me as a bit “weird”. So while I do have “friends” which I hang out from time to time, it is more in tune with friendly acquaintances.

 

While I would like to have some true friends, I know it is kind of hard for a person like me. My timid outwards personality aside, my dream of traveling around the world on an adventure kind of makes finding actual friends who are willing to travel with me rather scarce. Despite my classmates being children of the age of around 12 like me, they consider my dream to go on an adventure “childish and unrealistic”. I have a hard time imagining what kind of childhoods these people had... *sigh*

 

Speaking of adventure, I am right now on a mini-adventure. It is now the middle of the night and I snuck out of the house. Of course when I say snuck out, I actually mean walked out the front door. And as expected the babysitter showed zero care! Talk about irresponsible...Seriously! Either way I am in a really really good mood today, because today will be an experience of a lifetime!

A large meteor shower is going to take place in a short while. This meteor shower is going to directly hit Earth to boot! Of course the composition of the meteors is made out of ice, so there is no real risk of any sort of extinction event you see in the movies. *lol*

 

I brought my portable telescope along and know just the spot in the park for best viewing away from the crowds. When the first one falls, I am going to wish for a life of adventure! I can’t wait!

 

[2 hours later]

 

Alright! Telescope is fully set up and the meteor shower should begin any minute now! Ooooh! I see it, I see it! Awesome! They are entering the atmosphere and are burning up! ...So cool!

 

Wait...what is this?! They are not burning up at all, what the heck? They should be made of ice and burn up quickly but it does not seem that way, what in the world is going on?!

 

* rumble * * rumble * * rumble *

 

The ground is shaking...oh sh*t one is coming right this way!!!!! OMG! OMG OMG! I don’t want to die! Please god don’t let me die, please, please I’ll do anything! I am too young to die! Argh! I still have a lot of things I want to do! I still have things I want to tell my parents! Is the cat going to be fed properly without me? Argh! What the hell am I thinking, Do I really want my last dying words to be worrying about a cat?!

 

I really want to go on an adventure…

 

*BOOM*

 

….

 

 

...

 

So..cold…

 

… Where am I? ...

 

 

… Who am I? ...

 

 

… What am I? ...

 

 

… What is an I? ...

 

….

 

… What are these questions? ...

 

 

… What is the concept of a question? …

 

 

… Concept? …

 

… What? …

 

… Is? …

… Language? …

 

… ↈↇꜯⱹⅬⱢʤʣʊʆʘᴥʯʕɯɫɥȾȬȪↂↁ …

 

….

 

….

 

 

 

“Breaking news!”

 

“The meteors that were thought to be made out of ice were actually made out of some kind of crystalline structure!”

 

“These meteors are not breaking up in the atmosphere as first envisioned and are causing serious damage throughout the world! Authorities are urging citizens not to panic and to stay indoor or go to the local bomb shelter if available. This is not a drill, I repeat this is not a drill!”

 

“We will have further news as soon as...whats that? Hmmm...SERIOUSLY?!?!”

 

“Viewers, it saddens me to inform you all that an unprecedented situation has occurred. Due to the meteors high energy density, it seems to have obscured radio telescopes around the world. I regret to inform you all...that..that a giant asteroid is following right behind the meteor shower. And is scheduled to impact Earth within an hour… May god show mercy... ”

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.

….

 

...

 

Congratulations!

 

You have awakened as a Level 1 - Dungeon Core

 

 

 

Must expand...Must protect…Must summon monsters...Must cultivate DP...processing…

 

 

…………………………….

 

 

… 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 DP…

 

 

System Error!

 

System is in danger of crashing!

 

Utilizing all available means to mitigate the anomaly..

 

Isolating area outside system for containment...

 

 

… Mana …

 

...

 

… Adventure … Cat ...

 

 

Anomaly has been neutralized. System has been rebooted.

 

 

 

“Ugh… My head hurts… what happened?! I remember there was a meteor..then I had some important job to do? … then a chalic... ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH”

 

* collapse *

 

41