Vol. 3 Chapter 110: Playing the Fools
567 3 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Damn I missed this! I have had no fun like this for ages! You know the source of my entertained feelings right now. Yeeaaah, the first prince of the Empire. It’s really fascinating how much he tries to impress and take my heart. So adorable. I wanna play around some more.

But of course, I was not just playing around with no ulterior motives whatsoever. These two princes were targets. Know thy enemy, said by some guy. So that’s what I’m doing. Not only that, I wanted them to know, and carved into their heart, that I was a fragile and innocent princess that couldn’t even harm an ant.

However, progress right now was only on the older brother. Which was too fucking easy, by the way. But I got to say, he’s quite a bit… um, direct. He had no shame at all. Even in front of my parents! Like, wow.

That guy aside, there’s the matter of the younger brother. He seemed to be the more conserved and wary guy. But I knew I charmed him good through looks alone, he’s just too shy to try talking to me. I think especially considering that Alistor guy’s making the moves on me. But we’ll see how this goes.

Anyhow, let’s have some more fun. At the moment, in the morning, we were walking around the interior of the palace. I offered to be their guide, but I mainly talked to Alistor. Nevertheless, the younger prince, Cilas, was still coming, he’s just in the back seat. The third wheel. The… yeah I forgot what other words there were.

I just have some goals right now..

As I meekly walked beside Alistor, I asked him. “Would you like to meet the knights, Prince Alistor? Will you be interested?”

“I don’t mind.” He smiled softly.

“I hope you will meet with everyone in the Knights’ Order. They are nice people.”

“Are they your friends?”

I nodded. “I’m sure they’ll be interested in meeting a prince from another nation.”

“It would be interesting to meet the Wisterian knights. Maybe I can stretch a little.”

“Stretch…?”

He smirked. “To swing a sword around.”

“Oh, I see.” I smiled shyly. “I look forward to it…”

Heh. That’s it.

And thus we made our way to the knights’ training grounds. On the way, I occasionally glanced behind us, towards Cilas, who silently followed us. I looked him in the eye, giving a suggestion that I maybe wanted to talk, but couldn’t do so easily. Poor me…

Oh yeah, Rogan was following all the way to the back. I wouldn’t go anywhere without my personal guard. My other two servants, however, didn’t come with me. I just didn’t want us to be too crowded.

Eventually, we arrived at the training grounds. Aside from the Wisterian knights, some of the Imperial knights were here too. However, there was a divide between the two. Wisterian knights had their own world, Tornridge had their own. I saw a few knights glaring at each other, signs of animosity. However, they couldn’t just fight, after all. So all they could do was glare and taunt, and just piss off the other side. Father mentioned this. Really treading on thin lines there folks.

If there were no rules and technicality holding them back, I imagine we gonna have a rumble. Who's gonna win?! Wisteria or Tornridge?! Everyone place your bets! Of course I’m gonna bet in favor of my knights. Traitors are those that bet on the other side!

The knights of both factions immediately stopped what they’re doing and faced us, acknowledging their respective royals. I acted shy. Alistor merely glanced at his men, but I stepped forward to my knights with a saintly smile. They bowed as I got closer.

“Hello, everyone. There is no need to be formal. We are only here for a casual visit.”

The knights rose their heads and Elson stepped forward. “How may we help you, Your Highness?”

“I brought our guests here to meet our Order.”

“Uh-huh…” He looked concerned.

I acted clueless. “I see that you’re together with the knights from Tornridge.” I glanced at the imperial knights with a smile. “Are you getting along just fine?”

“Well…” Elson wasn’t sure how to answer. “Not exactly…”

“Is that so...? Then why don’t we start with shaking hands?”

“Princess…?”

“Every friendship starts with handshakes.” I turned towards Alistor. “Don’t you think so, Prince Alistor? Everyone should try getting along here.”

He grinned. “Of course, Princess.” He looked at his men. “Why don’t we do what she asks? Start shaking hands and introduce yourselves.”

The Empire goons looked at each other, hesitating. As they did, I glanced towards my knights and gave them a pleading smile.

They bowed their heads. “If it’s what you wish, Princess. So be it.”

My knights complied and were the first to approach the imperial goons. Some had kind and friendly faces, while the other knights gave the other a tough look. Hehe.

“Oh I know, wouldn’t it be nice for everyone to train together?” I said to Alistor.

“I don’t mind the idea.”

Nice.

***

A while later, following my suggestion, the knights from both sides began training together. Well, rather than training, it was more like measuring each other and looking for who had the upper hand. Love the competition! Come on boys, show them what you fucking got!

Alistor and I watched on with pleased expressions. Some knights sparred and swung their swords in the air. While there were others showing off their Armament Magic power.

“Your knights are impressive, Princess.”

“Um, thank you.”

“I’m quite itching to join in for spar,” he said as he grabbed a sword.

Aaaaw, look at that. He wants to show off.

I smiled sweetly. “You’re free to go and join them. Although, as a prince, I don’t think you’ll be challenged. Is that not what a warrior seeks?”

“Hm, I suppose. Then, any recommendations?”

“I would say my brother Estevan. But since he’s not here, I recommend his match. My personal knight, Sir Rogan.”

“Really? If you say so, I’m game.”

I beckoned for Rogan to come and conveyed to him what I just suggested.

With a smirk, he turned to Alistor. “Will that be alright? To fight with an imperial prince.”

“I’ll be fine.”

“I mean, it would just be a spar, but I don’t want to hurt you in any way. That would be bad.”

Alistor chuckled. “A little scratch is something I can manage. Well, not like one can easily hit me. But, if you want assurance. Brother.” He turned towards his younger brother. “You’ll be witness that I invited Princess Estelia’s personal knight to a spar. Any damage taken is fine, with no repercussions.”

“Understood.”

“Now then, relieved?” he asked Rogan.

“Alright. No holding back then? But no attacks that are too deadly.”

“Of course.”

“Then let us both prepare.”

Rogan and I stared at each other as he passed by to grab a spear. Time to get to work, my knight. Give me what I need. Rogan conveyed to Elson what’s up and the latter announced the event. Alistor removed his coat, going to the center of the yard after the knights cleared out. Rogan followed the moment he had a quality spear in hand.

To my surprise, a couple of knights approached me with wide, welcoming smiles. “Princess, please have a seat.” They kindly offered me a chair.

“Oh, thank you.” I sat down. They’re so sweet. I glanced behind me before turning to the two knights. “If you would please give a seat for Prince Cilas beside me. This is a good view to watch the fight.”

“Certainly, Your Highness.”

They promptly urged the second prince to sit down on the chair placed beside me. But it would seem my knights were quite wary and put a foot gap in between. Cilas seemed to hesitate, so I looked at him with concern.

“P-Prince Cilas? You will tire if you keep standing. Please sit.”

“... Very well.” He awkwardly sat down.

I resisted the urge to smile in amusement.

The match was about to start. Alistor glanced at me with a confident smile, while Rogan flexed his weapon. As each was several feet apart, they switched to a combat stance, waiting for the signal to start.

And a moment later, Elson gave the signal to begin.

The two instantly charged at each other at tremendous speed. Their weapons clashed, sparks flew. Grinds and clunks. They were fighting equally. When one strikes, the other either dashes or parries. Even so, it would appear that neither of them were particularly stressed. Almost like they were just warming up.

And as they fought, I turned a glance towards Cilas. I awkwardly shifted. “... Y-You’re brother is quite impressive.”

He slowly glanced at me. “... You’re impressed…?”

I nodded, and he lowered his gaze.

“You must be as strong, Prince Cilas.”

“... No, I’m not.”

“Really…?”

“I don’t like fighting…”

“I-Is that so?”

He seemed to be losing confidence in himself. As if saying there’s no way he could match up to his brother. What hope does he have with me when he has his brother already making the move? There was no point. Something like that. Hehe.

“Then what is it you commonly do, Prince Cilas?” I asked as the match continued on. Rogan was being pushed back a little. Come now, my knight, don’t restrain yourself.

“I don’t know… Literature?”

“Books, then? You like books?”

“Yeah.”

I giggled adorably. “Me too. I like books.”

He looked at me, his eyes shining a little, metaphorically speaking.

“Really?”

“I mainly like stories, although I also like reading about what things are out there in the world.” I leaned a little towards him and occasionally glanced at the match.

He faintly nodded. “That’s what I mainly like. Facts and history.”

I giggled. “I recently read a story about the different tribes on the continent. It was written by an adventurer, apparently.”

“Oh? That’s interesting.”

“Indeed, although some tribes are quite scary. I can show it to you when we have the chance.”

“I…” He hesitated and glanced towards his brother.

I waited for his answer, and after a few seconds, I spoke. “Prince? You don’t want me showing my books?” I said with a sad expression. My wide, pitiful eyes looking at him.

He became a little frantic upon seeing me. “N-No, it’s just… Would that be alright? I mean, we just met and we’re royals from different nations.”

Quite a wary one, huh?

I slightly tilted my head. “I don’t see what’s wrong with that. I… I just thought I could show what I love to one who can relate with me…”

“Relate with you…?”

I sighed, looking away in sad disappointment. “If you… don’t want to. I-I understand.”

“N-No wait. If there’s no issue, I don’t see why not. Perhaps you could also show me a book that tells about histories or tales of Wisteria.”

My expression brightened, and I nodded. “Okay!”

My cuteness is too powerful!

Uuugh, I love myself. My beauty has not failed me yet! Damn, if I had such a cute and innocent face back in my old world, I could have done a much better and easier job. I was already beautiful then, but this face was just so much more.

The two men fighting stepped away from each other in an intensifying fight.

Rogan shifted his spear slightly backward. “You’re strong, Imperial Highness. Guess it’s time to level things up. Will that be alright?” Lightning shone and crackled at the tip of his spear.

“Oh? Lightning? Very well, I’ll play your game.” With a confident grin, he cast his magic, and the same as his opponent, the element of lightning engulfed his blade.

That was surprising. He’s stealing your lightning filled spotlight, Rogan! That’s his main thing, so he shouldn’t get beaten around in his own game.

Once ready, they charged at each other, and the moment their weapons touched, the electricity raged. And the more their weapons made contact, the intensity only amplified, trying to overwhelm one another. Gusts of winds followed every strike.

A couple of Wisterian knights stood close to me.

“Be careful, Princess. We don’t want stray attacks coming this way.”

“Thank you.”

Rogan saw an opportunity and thrust his blade. However, in quick response, Alistor parried his attack. In the same momentum, the prince triggered his lightning, blasting forward. Rogan grimaced and stepped back while simultaneously casting his shield that blocked the incoming attack.

Giving no time for Rogan to recover, Alistor switched to another kind of attack. His blade magic coating turned from lightning into flames, and he stabbed his weapon into the soil. A wave of fire crawled and melted the ground.

The flames touched Rogan’s boots and he began sinking. Mana gathered in his hand and he urgently fired a ball of light into the ground. It unleashed a pushing force, scattering the molten remains all over the place. But that gave him a chance to leap out as a slash of fire passed from where he was.

Mid-air, Rogan thrust his spear forward, firing a piercing lightning strike towards Alistor. The latter held out his hand, conjuring a wide barrier. But he did not keep it stationary, he pushed it forward, and the barrier moved in fast speed, heading for Rogan as it clashed with the lightning strike.

Rogan was rattled, the barrier was already getting close. He quickly thrust his lightning engulfed spear against the barrier, shattering it. But Alistor already grabbed the opening and got in close to Rogan, he swung his sword at the defenseless knight, a decisive strike. However, his blade stopped right before touching the neck.

Rogan froze.

Alistor smirked as he combed his hair with his bare hand. “I win.”

Rogan sighed. “Yeah.”

The magical element engulfing their weapons dissipated, and they shook hands as everyone clapped and cheered. The imperial side looked particularly boastful. I, of course, also clapped so cutely.

I rose from my seat as they walked back to me.

“That was an incredible match.”

“Sorry that I lost thought.”

“It’s okay, Sir Rogan.” I then turned towards Alistor with slowly blushing cheeks. “Congratulations.”

Ain’t this the part where the leading lady gives the man a kiss on the cheeks or something? Not here, though. I would rather kill this bitch here and now than later.

“Thank you.”

I placed a hand on my cheek. “Amazing, so you’re that strong, Prince Alistor.”

Now I know.

He chuckled softly, flattered. “Thanks. Knowing that you were watching, I have to give it my all to win.”

“Well…” I lowered my eyes, blushing as he smiled charmingly.

You really are a funny man.

19