Vol. 3 Chapter 114: Defiling Touch (Part 1)
581 6 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alistor was invited by the Princess of Wisteria for some tea party, as she had mentioned before. He was a bit excited, and he had a triumphant smile as he went to meet her.

When he arrived on the ground floor, Princess Estelia was already waiting. As always she was so pristine and pure, her hair beautifully braided, and her white dress was so decent. Alistor prepared himself and smiled softly as he greeted her.

“Good morning, Princess Estelia. I’m sorry I’m late.”

She kindly smiled. “Good morning. There is no need to worry. I only just arrived.”

Alistor briefly glanced at the personal knight that always accompanied her. Sometimes Alistor had hoped that this knight would stop tailing and watching over his charge. With that, perhaps he would be less restrained in what he could do.

“Prince Cilas is not coming?”

“It would seem he didn’t want to come along.”

“I see.” She looked a bit disappointed. “That is fine. Shall we go?”

“Sure.”

And with that, the two of them, side by side, headed for the garden. Estelia taking charge, of course. It didn’t take long, and they arrived at a large place filled with countless flowers and different colors. It was a beautiful and colorful sight indeed, which would stun a common man if they could witness this.

For Alistor, however, the flowers in the garden did not strike him as much. But what caught his attention that made him let out a breath of awe were the wisteria flowers sprawled all over the garden. They filled most of the place, filling the eyes and the view with the shade of purple.

True to the Princess’s own words, the wisterias were truly a sight to see. They didn't have wisteria flowers in the Empire, even in their own imperial garden that was twice as big as this. His beloved sister, Zara, would be overjoyed if she got to see this view.

“W-What do you think, Prince Alistor?”

“It’s beautiful, Princess. So beautiful. And you’re right, the wisteria flowers are special to behold.”

“Really? They’re my favorite.”

“I can understand why.”

She quietly chuckled before going onward, and Alistor followed behind her. The way she strides, her hair waving, her smile, her entire being as she walks amongst the flowers, was a breathtaking view. If he could have her, he could have the world. The highest price of them all.

“I prepared our snacks and refreshments at the gazebo. My servants should already have it all ready.”

As they walked under the shades of the brightly colored wisterias, the gazebo she was referring to came into view. Waiting by the building were the princess’s two servants, one butler, and one maid. When they got close, the two servants bowed.

“Thank you for the preparations, you two,” the Princess said before beckoning Alistor inside. “Come in and take a seat.”

By the small table, Alistor took a seat opposite of Estelia. “Thank you.”

“Mm.” She had a tight smile. From the looks of it, she seemed to be nervous.

Alistor was amused.

“Um, I was reminded of our first talk at the banquet,” she said. “I know I said it would be a tea party, but I prepared hot chocolate for us. As I said I would give you. I want you to try it.”

“Really?” Alistor’s smile widened. To be honest, he had forgotten about that. “I’ve been looking forward to this ever since that banquet.”

Estelia gestured to her maid to pour the two of them a cup. Alistor watched the liquid chocolate fall down to his cup, the smell was endearing. As it swirled, he had to admit, it looked delicious, and it made him truly excited to give it a taste.

Once the cups were filled, the princess blew the steaming drink. A moment later, she sipped the chocolate, a pleased smile curled on her lips. Alistor held his cup and blew as well before taking a sip. He paused as the flavor touched his tongue, and the chocolate went down his throat.

“... It truly is delicious.”

Proud, the Princess’s smile grew wider. “I-I’m glad you like it.”

Alistor took another sip. “I have never tasted something like this. It’s amazing.”

The princess lowered her head as faint signs of red appeared on her cheeks. With her pale skin, it would indeed be difficult for her to hide her fluster. And that actually made it easy to tell what she was thinking or feeling.

She took a deep breath to calm herself down. “P-Please have some snacks as well.”

Following her suggestion, Alistor grabbed some cookies, they were delicious too.

“You have an excellent chef, I see.”

“Two, actually… One was promoted just recently. I admire his determination to improve.”

“Incredible. It sounds like you met him.”

“Yes, I did. I visited the kitchen a long while back. You don’t visit yours?”

“The Empire has many chefs serving the imperial castle. So no, there was no point in visiting kitchens.”

“I see. You must have a great deal of delicious dishes.”

“Yes, we do. I wonder, you only have two chefs? I thought you would have at least a dozen.”

“Two is sufficient.”

“Hm.”

Alistor could not understand why they would take two chefs as sufficient to serve the royals. Surely it was not an issue of money, it wouldn’t be that expensive for Wisteria to pay a dozen. And with a large number of chefs available, they could have more options of food to pick from. But Alistor decided not to dwell into the matter, it didn’t have much significance, anyway.

“Speaking of food,” said the Princess. “I heard my brothers took you and Prince Cilas to several places with a diverse range of culinary choices. What did you think?”

Alistor recalled his tour. “I have to say, I was quite surprised. I didn’t think that commoners could make delicious food on par with what could be served to men with high status.”

“Right?” She smiled proudly for her people. “There are amazingly talented people out there. Just waiting to be discovered. Do you have any city dishes you were quite fond of?”

Alistor took a sip of his sweet drink as he pondered. “I think it was the soup. It was orange in color. I don’t know what it’s called, unfortunately.”

“Oh, I wonder what it was. I’m quite curious, considering that you liked it.”

“Have you been outside, there in the city, Princess?”

She seemed to hesitate. Alistor was curious if she ever in her life got out of the palace, or came out often. Especially thinking when she rejected his offer of giving a tour in the city. Still, if she never comes out, he would understand, someone like her out there, it could be dangerous. And perhaps because of her being always stuck here in their palace was why not much information about her could be gathered in the Empire.

“I went out with my brother Estevan once, and during the festival.”

“You hardly leave the palace?”

She meekly nodded with an embarrassed smile.

That meant she barely interacted with a variety of people. And that could mean fewer men to talk with and try to woo her, less romantic experience. That further explained why she was easy to fluster, easy to win over. Yes, just a little push was what it would take. To take a little further of the line she drew upon herself. Once she experiences someone going over the boundary, she’ll remember it deeply in her heart.

And that was to be Alistor’s place.

“I see. I understand. The outside can be a scary place.”

“... Y-Yes. It’s fine, anyway. I have my books, my family, and other people like the servants and knights, to keep me company.”

“You highly value them.”

“Of course. They’re what I have.”

“I see.”

“... Are you going along well with the knights? Wisterian knights, I mean…”

“Yes, I think so. We’ve been training together with my knights. And so far, there’s not much animosity between them.”

“That’s a relief. It's good that you’re learning from each other.”

“... Yeah.”

Alistor was not exactly doing it from the bottom of his heart. Partly it was because he wanted to measure the Wisterian knights’ strength. And the other part was because the Princess suggested it and held her knights in high regard. And he was sure that imperial knights would love a spar with the enemy.

“I hope my knights grow stronger with your help, Prince Alistor. That way, perhaps when a strong monster appears, my father wouldn’t need to go out and face it himself.”

That perked Alistor’s ears. “Your father? Goes out to face monsters?”

“Y-Yes.”

It was a surprising thing. Monarchs normally wouldn’t put themselves in danger like that unless necessary. Could there actually be monsters strong enough that it would need the help of a nation’s ruler?

“Isn’t that too risky?”

“We always tell him that…” She lowered her head in sadness. “But sometimes it is just needed. He also sort of likes hunting monsters… We hold him off and only let him go when there are signs of a powerful monster around the Elgion forest.”

“Knights couldn’t just handle it?”

She shook her head. “Elgion has powerful monsters. Sometimes, Father is just truly needed to come along with the knights for the hunt.”

“I see.”

That was interesting to know. And ideas formed in Alistor’s thoughts, making him grin inside.

“Then, I hope your knights grow even stronger in time.”

“T-Thank you.”

Alistor didn’t think that sort of opportunity would just hint itself like this.

Oh, my dear lovely princess. You’ve helped me.

And she was completely clueless about what she had done.

Time passed, and they had finished the snacks, and their stomachs were filled. They had a pleasant talk all the while, talking about ever so casual things. It was then that Alistor gave a suggestion.

“Mind we take a walk around and show me the garden, Princess? I would love to take in this beautiful scenery.”

She faintly smiled. “I have been meaning to.” She rose from her seat and turned to her servants. “There’s no need to follow me, you three. The garden is safe, isn’t it?”

The three servants looked at each other, hesitating. But they didn’t refuse.

“Now then, shall we go, Prince Alistor?”

“Sure.”

And thus, they left confines of the gazebo and immersed into the color filled garden, walking further within. Just the two of them. Alistor glanced at the ever smiling Estelia as she looked at the flowers as if she had seen them only for the first time. A faint hint of red shone on her cheeks.

He was quite surprised that she didn’t need a guard to follow her now. But then again, this was their garden, so there shouldn’t be any danger. Furthermore, perhaps she was starting to feel safe in Alistor’s presence. It was a good sign.

“This truly is a beautiful place, Princess. And maintained well.”

“Mother does her best.”

“Mm. But, if I am to be honest, you are a much more beautiful sight to behold.”

Estelia paused in her tracks. “W-What are you saying? P-Please don’t joke…” She was flustered.

“Not a joke.” Alistor chuckled.

She adorably pouted as she continued onward. “Please stop teasing me…”

“Right, right.”

She twiddled around with her fingers as she kept glancing at Alistor from the corner of her eyes. “Um, Prince Alistor… Do you like someone?”

Alistor grinned and acted clueless. “Like? What do you mean?”

“I mean like, like…”

“Oh… I don’t know. Do I like someone?”

“...”

“Do you like someone, Princess?”

“I… I don’t know. No one, I think.”

“Really? No one.”

She meekly nodded.

That’s surprising…

Perhaps she just had not realized it yet.

A petal of wisteria flower slowly fell in front of her, and she carefully caught it in her hands. She smiled slightly, emanating a sense of purity and a wholesome scenery. Alistor had decided.

“Estelia…” he called her without her title and reached out for her hand. The flower petal fell to the ground. “There’s someone I like.”

Estelia looked at his touching hand and met his eyes. She didn’t respond, but only waited for him to continue.

“I like you, Estelia.”

“Huh?” Her eyes widened.

Alistor caressed her cheek with the back of his hand. “I have liked you ever since I first saw you.”

“R-Really?” she said in a quiet voice, as if she were forcing out a sound.

“Yes.” He softly held the side of her face. “You are the most wonderful person I have ever met.”

“I-I am…?”

“Yes… Do you not like me back, Estelia?”

“W-Well…” She looked away. “It’s not like I don’t like you…”

“Then, you do.” He stepped close until he could faintly smell her fragrance. His hand moved from her face to the back of her waist. And he pulled her closer.

“W-What are you—”

“Have you felt the wonders of romance, Estelia?” Once again, he felt the shape of her body. But he was unsatisfied, the true sensation was obstructed by her clothes.

“N-No…” She became more flustered.

Alistor pulled her closer, until they were touching each other. He leaned closer to her face. He felt her hand on his chest. Both his hands wrapped around her pristine and pure body.

“We’re alone here, aren’t we?” he whispered in her ear.

His heart was warming up to an intense degree. Her smell, her body, her voice, all were ecstatic. Just a little more, and he could have it all. He gazed at her ever so close bare neck and came in the desire to kiss it and sniff her scent. He pulled her even closer, to the point they were pressing into each other. He took a deep breath, taking in her pleasant sweet smell. Her breasts felt even more so heavenly touching his body.

Her hand on his chest stiffened.

He continued. “Do you not love me, Estelia?”

“I…”

“I can show you a whole new world and experience.”

“P-Please s-stop.”

Her trembling voice reached his ears.

“It will be wonderful, Estelia.”

“P-Please d-don’t. L-Let m-me g-go.” Her voice showed a hint of fear.

Alistor retracted his head to look at her face. What he saw made him lose his words and temptations.

She was crying.

Her eyes were averted away as tears welled up in her eyes. The hand on his chest was not a sign of invitation, but of resistance. And not only that, she was trembling.

Alistor had never seen her this distressed, nor anyone.

“P-Please s-stop. Let m-me go,” she begged in a shrinking voice.

Perhaps what he failed to realize, it was the first moment in the Princess’s life that someone had touched her in this defiling way, with the intention of truly defiling her. Where in her world, she was worshiped and deeply respected. Her touch was a blessing, and touching her was a privilege. Men usually around her who came this close, none intended to take advantage of her ever so innocent self.

What he failed to realize — he has committed a grave sin. One of the most repulsive to be committed against her. Where he ought to be condemned unto death. But if anyone ever learns of this, perhaps death would not be so easily attainable.

The wind rustled the trees and flowers, as if responding to her tears.

He failed to realize the righteous way to treat the Pure Princess because of his putrid desires. He failed to realize the turmoil in her heart. He failed to realize the value of her tears. To make her cry was to make the world cry. The clouds passed to cover the sun, darkening the surroundings, as if the world showed its pity and sadness for her.

18