Vol. 2 Chapter 5: Eldest Brother
2.4k 13 77
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There was a girl elegantly walking down the lavish and clean hallway, her platinum white hair waved at every stride as they glittered like jewels, she had an adorable and pure face, while the overall beauty she had could surpass all there was, and her pair of crimson eyes were dazzling and captivating at a moment’s stare. Her faintest smile could charm anyone just for a second after they behold it.

Behind her were her two servants. One was a beautiful maid with her silky blue hair tied in a ponytail, while the other was an old man with white short hair and beard wearing a manservant suit.

As the girl passed by, the servants she encountered bowed their heads deeply regarding her as the Princess of the kingdom. Now, who could this beautiful girl be?

Who else could it be but me! Estelia Ver— yeah whatever, I’m not gonna say my entire name, too long. Why do people even like making a long name? I have encountered plenty of people with long ass names.

I mean, parents! Come on, have mercy. You know how troubling it would be if they write their names on paper. They could run out of space, you know. Sometimes, there are even papers you have to fill up, and write each letter of your name in boxes. If you have a long name and run out of boxes, you’re fucked, you’re basically fucked.

Don’t even get me started on naming a child X AE or whatever that was.

Alright moving on! Good to see you! Been a long time, huh? Has your life changed? Or have not progressed at all?

Well, what business do I have with your life, anyway? You do you.

It has been a few days since that last debacle. Everything had been pretty peaceful, great sleep! Great eating! Good learning. I say, I have made some decent progress with magic now. But, let’s not talk about that now, but later… of course unless I forget.

Reason being was that today's a special day.

No, it’s not my birthday, since it just passed… Alright, basically, my brother’s coming — not Estevan, but my Eldest brother. Some of you might have forgotten about him, or never even realized he existed. That’s harsh.

He had been hanging out in the Myra Kingdom for some diplomatic stuff. You know, that kingdom of knights, all about chivalry. And HONORABLE battle, or whatever nonsense chivalry always screams.

Uwah, no hitting the enemy from the back, that's dishonorable — or whatever words they used to describe that.

What the hell's “honor” anyway? Just a bunch of nonsense. Why can’t you just use whatever means to kill someone? No need to keep adding more work and make it harder for you.

That being said, they may differ from what I think they are so… yeah. Maybe don’t take my words to heart...?

At the moment, I was on my way to the front doors of the palace. I am already wearing my beautiful blue dress, and I look magnificent! My sleeves had a loose, frilly fabric from the wrist up. My skirt reached just above the ankle, and it has that neat folded appearance. Then I wore heeled luxurious good looking blue shoes.

My platinum hair was tied into a braid and the length had almost passed my waist. Quite long now, wasn’t it? But, I’m not planning to cut it whatsoever.

What? Don’t tell me you want me to cut it because it can be an “obstruction” or whatever. Especially when I’m on the move, and so on, and so forth. Shut it! We can avoid it by tying it!

‘But it’s still best to cut it’ — ah ah ah, I said no. I’m keeping it the way it is. I look fabulous with it. The longer the hair, the greater!

I do whatever I want now. No one will tell me what to do. I have freedom.

At least let me do what I want…

Not long after, I arrived at the front door of the palace, at the path before the open doors where my family gathered. My brother, Mother Meliya, and Father Leodoule, all wearing fine and formal clothing.

“Estel, you’re here.”

I adorably nodded to my beloved big brother.

“Excellent, you are looking magnificent, my dear Estelia,” my mother said as she looked at me with her usual fond smile.

“I agree! Perfect as always!” my father said with enthusiasm.

“Um… Thank you…” I lowered my head in embarrassment as a blush appeared on my cheeks. “So… where is Brother Eleden currently?”

“The messenger said they had passed the city gates, they should be arriving at any moment,” Father replied.

“I’m so looking forward to seeing my big brother after a long time.”

I stood beside my mother as we waited, with Estevan on one side of me. In front of the palace, stood in formation, were the knights, all wearing their flashy armor.

Somehow, I had the desire to try wearing one to experience what it would feel like. There were female knights, so it’s no problem having me wear armor. Just put a boob on the armor or something, hehehe.

But I imagine it will be quite heavy for me, having no decent muscle. However, if I learn Vernon’s physical enhancement technique, no doubt I can easily lift weights! There were just a lot of playful and new things I wanted to do. I wouldn’t get more freedom now, so I’m going for it!

I’m a free bird!

Hm, as I do that, I think I’ll try selecting some dresses. Ah, yeah, I remember that tailors themselves come to the palace to take my measurements and suggest designs. I’m cool with that. This could also be an opportunity for something else.

I sensed my brother’s gaze beside me, and I turned my head to look at him. I flashed him a cute smile, and he smiled back. What brother? Are you entranced by my beauty? Now now, careful brother. You might fall in love with me, kukuku.

That’s a forbidden fruit.

Although I’m saying that, I feel like he doesn’t love me that way. But his love for me, his sister, was just so intense that it left no love for any other girls. Of course, that’s like him having a sister complex — or not like, but that definitely was.

It was then that a loud horn sounded from the walls. Me and my family walked forward, stopping right before the path. I straightened my back, since that horn could only mean one thing. The convoy of my eldest brother had arrived. A moment later, three lavish carriages, each pulled by different horses, came moving in. Flanking them were knights in full armor riding their steeds.

The carriage in the middle of the two stopped in front of us. At that moment, the door opened, then a tall man descended the steps with impressive grace, deserving of royalty. The regal man had long golden hair which was combed backward and reached his nape. He had beautiful bluish eyes reminiscent of our Mother. He wore neat formal clothing, a fine coat and all, and he carried himself incredibly well.

Pfft, I can be more graceful and regal if I want to.

In any case, this was my eldest brother, who was around in his early to middle twenties, Eleden Venzura Wisteria. Since he was way taller than me, I was slightly looking up while looking at him with wide, adorable eyes.

Ah, he totally beat Estevan in other ways other than in warrior skills. But holy damn, my brothers all look good. I only saw Eleden in my memories, so I couldn’t really judge, but now I can.

“My son! Welcome back!”

Father and Big Brother shook hands and briefly hugged.

“Greetings, Father. It is great to see you all again.”

My mother walked forward with a fond smile as she touched his cheek.

“Did you have fun while you’re there?”

My brother looked down for a moment as though recalling something and a smile formed on his lips.

“Yes, Yes I had.”

“Oh, tell us more later then, at lunch.”

“Of course, mother. I’m looking forward to eating the dishes from home again.”

It was then that they all looked at me for some reason. Ah, I haven’t spoken or moved at all. Come on, the cute girl in the family was feeling embarrassed.

“Estel,” Estevan whispered in my ear. “Go on, greet him.”

“Uh, um, yes.”

I timidly walked forward.

“H-Hello, brother.”

I stammered as I greeted him. A small shy smile played on my lips. Eleden chuckled as he suddenly caressed my head.

“What are you so embarrassed about?”

“Um, no, it’s just. There’s too many people… watching.”

“Ah, of course, my mistake.”

He said that, but he didn’t stop rubbing my head. Good thing his patting was only gentle, but that would still result in ruining my hairstyle. Why does everyone so love patting my head? I’m not a child, and please think about my precious hair!

“B-Brother, my hair.”

He stopped and retracted his hand.

“Sorry. I just miss doing that. By the way, you look splendid, Estelia.”

“... T-Thank you.”

“Hey, Eleden.”

It was then that Estevan chimed in.

“I sure am glad to see you again, and relieved that you have returned safely.”

Estevan was grinning widely and one could tell he felt incredibly happy.

“Estevan, have you been doing good while I’m gone?”

“Of course I do. Perfectly fine, hehehe,” he wryly smiled. “I even have plenty of good things to give to you. I’m sure you’ll like it.”

Now I have realized what Estevan was so happy about. The things he was to give my eldest brother were the things Estevan didn’t enjoy doing. Paperwork. Ah, my sly big brother, giving the responsibility to another.

Well, Estevan had been pretty stressed out after the betrayal and death of Oryn. Granted, they had lent him some scribes, but in the end, paperwork was just too stressful for him. 

Remember that it all happened to Estevan because of me.

Maybe I should make him feel happy some time.

“Really? I'm looking forward to it.”

Eleden was somewhat a workaholic so… it would be no surprise if he just accepted Estevan’s responsibilities with not much of a resistance.

Then my mother spoke.

“Let’s go inside, have your luggage brought inside, do you want to rest for a while, Eleden?”

“I suppose, mother, I am a little tired.”

“Very well, then. Come.”

I followed behind them. When I looked at the side, my eyes encountered Rogan. As expected, he would be here. He smirked upon seeing me, so I faintly smiled at him. Of course I did not know if he saw that, at most he just saw my eyes pass by him.

Ah, I have to visit the knights at one point.

77