Vol. 2 Chapter 30: Secret Hidden From Me (Part 1)
1.8k 3 56
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

About a week had passed, I wanted to get the major stuff done first. So I have been focusing more on my magical abilities while doing minimal social interaction. In other words, I have become an introv— ahem… well, I was always like that so… no wait, that was the me in this world, I mean “Estelia.”

Of course, I did the usual. Dancing practice, academics, and music. Nothing noteworthy really happened except for the last one. Lanivia suggested I can sing an original song during my debut. A surprising and sudden suggestion to bring up, but her reason for that was because she saw me as someone talented in music and basically already “created” some tunes. In short, performing something taken as a new original in this world.

I refused.

I just… I can’t.

I don’t know how… It’s hard… I…

I can’t write a song…

I don’t know why… but… I suck at it. No, it’s more than that.

When I read my notes once, the words felt monotone…

It was disheartening. I heard that you need to feel the emotions to the song, to the story or something… but… I don’t know.

Wait, doesn’t every known song to me sound new here in this world? But that’s not the point. I took this as something creating a song made myself.

Whatever, okay? I just can’t compose. Maybe that’s my limit.

Moving on! Lucious had been trying to speak with me often. It’s a surprise Eleden gave him plenty of free time. So yeah, we’re getting along just fine. But that’s not the important part.

I have been making decent progress in physical enhancement. That being said, it didn’t change a lot — as I said, progress, not change. Mera has been leaving me behind in that department by the way.

In any case, if I keep this up, I should be able to get adequate strength when the festival comes. When that happens, I’ll be able to get some outings! Fuck those who want to target me. I have also been thinking about where I could use the Church that Father was in contact with.

Plans plans and plans…

“Haaaaah.”

“Something wrong, princess?”

“Nothing.”

I weakly replied to Rogan.

“Is that so? Are you not practicing today?”

“I will, I’m just resting for a bit.”

I had familiarized the entire magic book days ago, so I don’t have it right now and I lent it to Mera, so no reading now. I haven’t really inquired about her progress in the spells department, but whatever.

I tapped my fingers on the table as I gazed out through the windows, random thoughts going into my mind. Yeah, it’s one of those times you space out and a random thing just popped up in your head, it could be good, nasty, cringy, and so on.

Going out would be nice…

Hm, oh yeah, how did mother do that bird thing?

Mother demonstrated to me a bird made up of magic, it was very interesting. It seemed to be formed completely of mana, it also seemed tangible.

I held out my hand and an orb of blue appeared, completely translucent. Let me start from here. I imagined what the bird would look like and slowly shaped the orb, it stretched and slowly morphed into different parts.

I made the wings first, then the tails, then the body, and finally the head. It was firstly the general shape of it without any details. Then roughly draw the feather first and add a few fluffy stuff. This was not that different from drawing really.

A moment later, the birb— bird was complete!

“Oooh, a bird.”

Yes Rogan, what the fuck else would this be?

Now then, fly! Fly, little birdy! Make me proud!

I threw it lightly in the air! But against my expectations, it plopped down with a loud thud on the table.

“!”

No!

My eyes widened in shock. It didn’t even bounce softly as I expected, it was more akin to a rock falling to a table. More than that, I felt the mana tear off a bit there. Fuck, and I almost squealed, I carefully crafted this little thing, I don’t want it to get damaged literally mere seconds after its creation.

“It didn’t fly off, princess. What went wrong?”

“... Ever tried doing something like this, Sir Rogan?”

“Nope.”

Tch, boys, do they even like cute things? Well, I don’t normally. I just like my own creations.

I returned my eyes to the little birdy.

“Hey… what’s wrong?”

“Princess did you just speak to the construct—”

“Shut it.”

Just an impulse.

“What went wrong…” I murmured.

The moment I tried to lift it up, I realized what went wrong.

“Ugh, it’s rock solid. I might have put in too much mana, or imagined the wrong texture… and also maybe the mass.”

“Princess, you do know it’s magic right? So weight shouldn’t matter, just have it fly, you know what I’m saying?”

“... Sir Rogan, who would want to cuddle a bird made up of brick?”

“Cuddle?”

“Never mind.”

So, how do softness and fluffiness feel again? Recalling it, I applied the attribute to my little birdy.

I smiled in satisfaction when my fingers sunk a little into the feathers.

“There it goes!”

Now then, fly my child!

You know, Rogan was right, I don’t really need to add the laws of physics into the equation. Fuck physics yeah! Magic is the way! Is what I wanted to say, but I imagine it would look so unnatural without the laws of physics, it would be like any bad animation. I need it, at least a little.

So I added physics, I think…. It just flapped its wings and the body followed okay?

And so, the birdy flapped its wings around before starting to move. It looked like it was very light, but the application of magic has something to do with it, so I guess physics was not completely there.

But who cares? It’s cool and beautiful.

It flew around with energy, leaving a trail of blue lines from its tail and wings.

“Woah, amazing princess. To be able to do something for just a few minutes.”

What?

“Sir Rogan, is that something surprising?”

“Huh? Of course, not anyone could just create something like it just like that.”

Eh?

I turned my head to the dumbfounded Vernon, and the awed Mera. Those alone were confirmation enough.

Hey, you know, I’ve been thinking. Aren’t I digging my own grave?

Whatever! What’s done is done.

I’ll just play around with my birdy.

I had it land on my extended finger and played with its beak.

“Princess, you’re playing around now.”

“I know…”

I ignored Vernon’s reproachful gaze.

My birdy is so adorable!

I don’t have time for anything else but adore this little creation of mine.

I heard a faint creak of a door then followed by a closed one, coming from a familiar direction. Birdy vanished instantly, I don’t want anything that would warrant her to stay with me. Seeing birdy, I’m sure she would start clinging to me.

“Estelia.”

“Mother?”

“Let’s go have lunch?”

“Um… you go first Mother, I’ll finish the last part of my practice momentarily. I’ll catch up.”

She was a bit surprised. This never happened before after all, normally I would come with her.

“... Is that so? Alright, I’ll be expecting you, okay?”

“Yes, mother.”

With that, she left the library.

“O Princess, you weren’t practicing, you know.”

My brow furrowed towards Rogan.

“I’m trying to conjure a bird, yes? Isn’t that also practice?”

“... I guess?”

I laid my elbow on the table and placed a hand on my cheek, seemingly bored. A minute later, I laid both arms on the table and laid my head there for a moment before looking up towards Vernon.

“Vernon…”

“Yes?”

“Please bring me, um, at least five clean sheets of paper.”

“Drawing?”

“Yes.”

“Are you not going to eat?”

“I currently don’t have the appetite. No need to be afraid, I’m just not in the mood.”

He furrowed his brows as he stared at me for a moment.

“... As you wish.”

“Thank you.”

I smiled gratefully at him.

After he left and after confirming that the door was closed, I stood up from my seat.

“Stay here.”

I ordered the remaining two.

“Princess? You want Vernon to leave, didn’t you?”

I shrugged my shoulders and stepped away from my chair.

“Milady, where are you going?”

“You’ll know.”

56