Vol. 3 Chapter 102: Estelia’s Debut (Part 2)
480 3 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was an auspicious day, where nobles from all over the kingdom came to the capital city once more. Almost similar to the time of the festival. Although, with a lesser number of aristocrats coming, only those with invitations in hand.

Guards fully equipped were all over the city, from the walls to the streets. Even before entry, the common needed to be strictly checked. Everyone in the city was aware of the occasion as white strings and fabrics decorated the streets, almost like a festival.

It was the birthday of the mysterious princess of white, and her debut event. And the city was beautified as though trying to catch up with her peerless beauty.

The event was centered around the Royal Grand Hall. Way early in the morning, just as the sun had shown its first light, several carriages had already pulled up to the entrance. The nobles headed straight for the rooms indicated on their invitations.

The event was to start just after sunset, just enough time for the rest of the nobles to arrive from various parts of the kingdom. The thawing snow had made travel easy, so there was no excuse to miss this important celebration.

The Royal Grand Hall was littered with guards, not a section was unwatched. It was severely more secure than the events that took place here before. Some nobles were even a little frustrated and surprised by this. But they could do nothing about it.

As the day passed, and the sun had almost disappeared from the horizon, the guests gathered inside the main chamber. They sat down on fancy chairs by the dozens of tables, speaking with acquaintances, or kindling new friendships. Especially the younger ones.

Handsome young men trying to charm young ladies, the others making new connections to be used in politics. The older ones discuss casual topics, while others discuss business opportunities.

There were only snacks prepared for the time being, no dishes or even liquor. For during the princess’s entrance and performance, there shall be no distractions. All eyes must be on her.

The most skillful band, even the winner of the singing competition in the last festival, was present in the room, singing and playing melodies for everyone to enjoy and to fill the silence. Another group of musicians were also present, but they were under the royal family to play for later.

The windows on the ceiling showed the darkening sky, and the chandeliers and other lights shone brighter in the room. It was time to start.

The royal family, the two princes, the king and the queen, stepped into the open front. A servant announced. “Presenting the royal family!”

All the guests quieted down, and the music came to a stop.

The royal family wore the most beautiful and luxurious of all outfits, outshining those beneath them. The king and queen wore the color of white and jade. While the other two princes flourished the color of white and the bluish of sapphire.

The king took the lead. “I thank everyone for coming to this very special occasion. The birthday of my dearest daughter, Princess Estelia. This has been the biggest celebration we have had in a long while, and we are so excited.

“Today marks the day that our sole princess has reached the age of seventeen, her first step into adulthood. Her debut into a new door of life and society!”

Everyone, as if on cue, gave a loud round of applause.

The king waited for it to quiet down before continuing. “My daughter is the sweetest there is. And I’m proud to have her as my child. This could be the day that some of you will first see and meet the princess, and I’m excited for everyone to see her today. Please, treat her with kindness, tenderness, and respect, for she is as precious as gold, and a heart as fragile as glass.” He smiled softly.

He continued, “For today’s event, we will begin with the traditional dance, Graceful Gale. Which will be performed by her highness the princess, along with her friends from the Teristro, Natarel, Yveno, and Jezuri households.”

The musicians of the royals got into position and readied to play their instruments.

“Let’s give them a round of applause!” the king said lastly and the royal family moved away from the front floor.

Soft music began to play and echo across the room, going high and low. From behind the wall, young ladies came out with rhythmic steps, following the tune. Four young ladies of capital nobles took their steps with grace and waved their arms slowly as they lined up. Short golden strips of fabric were tied on each of their wrists, around seven inches in length, and they waved in the air with every motion.

Their faces were calm and sweet, their makeup enhanced their overall beauty. Their dresses were of varied color but remained the dominant white, and the designs were fundamentally the same, with small differences. The skirts reached above their ankles that allowed for more mobility. Their heels were all new and shiny. Their hair was decorated with fancy accessories made up of different jewels.

Once they had made a line, an open space was left at the center, and they all paused for elegant poses. The music slowly changed, something that suggested soft anticipation.

And at that moment, the last young lady emerged.

Everyone held their breath at the first sight of her. She stepped onto the floor with soft steps, with a gentle smile that beat the flowers blooming in the morning. The wave of her hands, and the wave of the fabrics attached to her wrists, were the most graceful. As there was a shift in the music, she did the most elegant twirl as she joined the line of ladies.

She had the most calm, the sweetest, and the most peaceful face of them all. Hers was the lightest of makeup, perhaps because she wouldn’t need them in the first place. For she was already the most beautiful in the room.

Her skin was as white as snow, not a flaw to it. Her hair was as white as platinum, tied and fashioned beautifully, glimmering under the light. A pair of soft crimson eyes peered around. She wore a dress more beautiful than the rest, colored in white and gold, and white heels most unique.

Everyone who watched, regardless of gender and age, looked at her with extreme awe and captivation.

The music shifted, and the group began to dance as one. Perfectly synchronized with each other, they swayed their hands gracefully as their legs moved. They twirled and the strips of fabric danced in the air.

Normally, people’s eyes would be pointed to the different dancers on the floor. However, their gazes were mostly stuck to the princess alone. The way she performed was perfect. The way she moved her legs and feet, her arms, her twirls, and most of all, her facial expressions and the way she looked at the audience, all was superb.

All that watched lost awareness of the passage of time. For time mattered little.

The dancers moved and switched places, but none could defeat her elegance. Indeed, it almost felt like the world was moving altogether for once. All at peace, all in harmony. The young men around the same age as her easily fell in love.

No, they were already in love the moment they laid eyes on her.

There came a part of the dance where the others kneeled in the form of a circle as the princess stood at the center. She twirled and danced all alone as the music grew in intensity.

The princess smiled a little, and both young men and women blushed.

All watched in complete silence, for they must not miss a second of this performance. To do so would be blasphemy.

Before they knew it, the music slowed down, and the princess, along with her entourage, bowed.

The audience felt quite empty and saddened that it was over. Even so, they applauded. They applauded so loudly that it was almost deafening.

As the performers made their exit to the back, the princess took a glance to the side with a small smile. The group of young few that received her gaze froze, while one young man and woman fainted, prompting their friends to catch them.

Only when the performers left did the servants and knights get to tend on the two.

With an awkward smile, the king stepped into the front once more. “And that was Princess Estelia and her friends. It’s been a while since that dance was ever performed. And I am in awe of their performance myself. Now then, for now, before the debutante’s return, let us enjoy some intermissions from our talented musicians. More food will be served. Until it’s time for her to have her entrance once again.”

Once the music played, the king went straight to check on the two that fainted, who were sitting down on chairs.

“Are you two alright?” he asked.

“Y-Your majesty—”

“ — There’s no need to stand.”

“Oh, I’m fine, my king.”

“And so am I.”

“My king, I have never seen anyone so… so…” the man stammered. “... I do not have the words to describe it.”

“I… I could not endure it… She is all girls that dreamed of becoming.”

The king wryly smiled. “Is that so? If you wish to talk with her, there will be a time for it later.”

With that, the king returned to the table of the royal family.

“Are they going to be fine?” the queen asked.

“Oh yes. They’re just, you could say, overwhelmed.”

“By Estel?” the younger prince inquired.

“Yes. Her performance was amazing, after all.”

“Looks like we underestimated her impact,” the elder prince remarked.

“I suppose you could say that.”

The queen chuckled. “I do look forward to her formal gown entrance.”

***

Villeta gave off a long and heavy sigh as we walked down the corridor at the back. “I’ve never been so nervous and pressured in a while.”

I followed everyone from behind and listened with a small and calm smile.

Mizia nodded vigorously. “I was so scared I'd make a mistake… But it was a fun experience!”

“I too was feeling a little nervous, but I practiced hard. So I was quite confident I’ll do fine.” Shena shrugged with a proud smile.

Huh, of course she would be. Considering her mother was Eleanore, I imagine even in their home, Shena was still working hard until they achieved perfection.

Arenza suddenly clung to my arm. “Overall I think we did a pretty great job! Especially her highness. Did you notice how everyone looked at her?”

“Eh? Me?” I shyly looked away.

“She’s right,” said Mizia. “You were so different, I almost thought you were a different person.”

“Surely not. I think we all equally did a great job. The performance wouldn’t have worked without each and every one of us.”

“Oh come now, stop being so humble. It’s okay to take praise often,” said Arenza.

I blushed. “But it’s true. That is what I think. In any case, it’s over, that is a cause for celebration.”

“Indeed,” Shena nodded. And she smiled shyly. “To be honest, I will miss our practice sessions together.”

Mizia held Shena’s hand. “We can still meet up, you know. We can meet at my house at least once a month.”

“Really?”

“That is a good idea,” Villeta agreed. “But I might get busy at times, so don’t expect I’ll be present all the time.”

“But Lady Villeta, we’ll be looking forward to your stories about the happenings in the kingdom.”

Villeta chuckled. “Even I will need to gather new stories every now and then.

Stories meant gossip, of course. I mean, wow, during our practice sessions, Villeta truly knew a lot of drama around the kingdom. From heartbreaks, quarrels, kindling love stories, even family disputes or any kind of rumors in different places. How does she do that? Don’t know, but I just know she had a lot of friends.

“I’m a go with that,” Arenza beamed. “What about you, princess?”

“... Y-Yes… I think I can do that.”

Once a month? I guess I can do that? That would be fun.

Mizia clapped. “It’s settled then, perhaps we can start next month?”

Everyone concurred. Hm, what were my plans for next month? Nothing important, I think.

We arrived at the rooms we were using as changing rooms. Servants for each of us ladies were awaiting our arrival.

“Ladies, we saw your performance. It was splendid.” The current head servant said. And we ladies felt satisfied and overjoyed. “However, we will need to be quick and switch you to your formal gowns.”

Servants quickly guided us to each of our rooms. Right outside the door of my room, my three servants were standing. They all put on their beautiful outfits for the occasion.

I stopped and asked Rogan as the closest. “Did you watch?”

“Of course,” he replied. “It was the most beautiful dancing performance I have ever seen.”

When he said it, my smile grew. It meant something coming from him.

“Indeed, princess, you were excellent,” said Vernon.

Mera, on the other hand, was blushing and merely nodded. By how she looked, I already knew what she thought of my performance.

With a proud smile, I entered my room along with them.

Inside were other servants, all female. My formal gown was still inside the box placed in the corner. With it were Mervizo and Kali. The former smiled widely the moment I entered.

“Your highness! I saw your performance. You were ethereal!”

“Thank you.”

“However, with this outfit, you will become divine! Now then everyone, prepare the princess and prepare to move this precious gown.”

A woman in her middle age chimed in. She was so neat and stylish. “I’m the lead here, Mervizo. Stop giving orders.”

“Oh right. Go ahead, lady.”

This woman was my fashionista.

She gave orders. “Help the princess remove her dancing dress. For the men, just to be sure, face the door!” Of course the men complied, including Mervizo with a pout. “Bring the dressing screen!”

They placed the dressing screen at the center of the room, and the ladies immediately helped remove my current clothes. We didn’t have all the time in the world here, so no slowing down. Yeah, everything was so busy.

Once I was left in my underwear, they prepared my main outfit. I felt a little embarrassed when I’m not wearing proper clothes in front of a lot of people. The ladies working on me couldn’t help but sigh in awe at my sight.

My fashionista stood in front of me with a stern look. “Alright, let’s begin. And be extra careful!”

 

Little announcement here. Our update schedule was on weekends where two chapters are posted subsequently. From this moment forward, I will be trying out a new update schedule.

New update schedule is going to be a chapter every Wednesday, and then Saturday. So yeah... next update's gonna be Wednesday. Needless to say it may be different to others because of time zones😆

Next chapter is Part 3.

Consider supporting me on Patreon where you can access up to 10 advanced chapters (1 month ahead). Thank you!

20