Prologue
1.9k 32 78
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Attention please..., for the passengers to Ruppo: We will be moving shortly, please take a seat.] 

 

The announcement from the speakers breaks the silence between us

 

“Ummm, I guess that’s my call” she looked at me

 

“Yep” I nodded

 

“......, S-s-see you Saturday” With a flushed face she waved at me while walking into the train entrance.

 

I looked at her passing the crowd into the train door. 

 

But halfway she halted her step and stopped

 

“....” She looked at me one more time with a worried face

 

I smiled and waved “Bye-bye! see you on Saturday”

 

Then a crescent moon smile surfaced on her blushed face and she went onto the train.

 

‘Ahh so cute’

 

Honk Honk Honk

 

And just like that, the train separated us

...

Click

 

The door of my apartment unlocked, and I pulled the handle down

 

Creakkk

 

“I’m homeee...”, and as usual, there’s no reply. In fact, it would be weird if there’s a reply. That means this apartment is cursed. As I live by myself but old habit never die. 

 

Hah, I missed my parents…, I guess I will visit them Next month after the work project is done. 

 

I threw down my case to the sofa and opened one button of my shirt as I felt the temperature is beyond normal.

 

“Shit! it’s so hot!” I cursed “Am I in hell-hole or something.. let me put AC up” I walked into the AC remote that was hanging on the left side.

 

The number shows 28’C..., might as well burn me into a roast duck then!

 

Beep Beep

 

Now It shows 17’C..., mmhh now that’s the right temperature.

 

“Now let’s brew some good coffee, shall we?” 

 

As I walked up into the kitchen, I noticed something on the table.

 

A Video Game CD with Handsome Guys on its cover.

 

“Hmmm?” I picked up the CD

 

“When did I get this?....” I wondered

 

"..."

 

AHH! a realization struck me. Isn’t this a gift by Matsumoto when we’re drinking?. A surge of memories played back into my head.


“William!!! I need a girlfriend man! Snort Snort” A man with a face full of snob grabbed my shoulder with a loud voice.

 

“Get off me, Matsumoto! you’re drunk!!” I tried to push him off as his voice startled the other customers.

 

The surrounding customer observed us with varied looks. Some girls are looking at us with a disgusted look...., It’s not what you’re thinking girls!!! I’m not into MAN!

 

A grandpa in kimono with his hand on a sword and vein popped off on his head.., C-calm down sir, My blood is infectious it can corrode your precious Katana.

 

And 2 Big Muscled guys that looking at us placing their hands in their pants wiggled with a red lusty face..... SECURITYY OR POLICEE PLEASE ARREST THESE GUYS!!!!

 

“C-customer... Could you couple please do the lovey-dovey scene outside?? You’re disturbing the other customer, or should I call the security? HM?” A waiter approached us with an annoyed-smiley face.

 

‘We’re NOT COUPLES!! FUCK!’ I cursed in my thought

 

“H-here” My mouth twitched a little as I took out my credit card from my wallet

 

After she swiped up the card and return it back to me, I dragged Matsumoto out from the Bar

...

“SHIT! I’m sorry Will, I shouldn’t have done that.” Matsumoto is already sober from the previous drunk state he is in

 

“Nah, don’t worry about it man, I knew you got a problem recently. That’s nothing” and I pulled out a pack of cigarettes from my shirt pocket, pick one and light it up.  I also offered it to him “cigarets?”

 

“Thanks, I really need one of these,” He smiled and took one “You got any lighter?” 

 

“Here” I passed my lighter to him

 

And we smoked on our way to the train station. Just a two grown ups man on a lonely night.

 

"..."

 

"..."

 

“Hey!” He broke the silence “I think I won’t trust online girls anymore”

 

I turned my head into him and sighed.

 

Sigh.... How many times I’ve already told you?, but you still did it” I doubted his words.

 

“No! I’m really serious this time. I’m tired of getting swindled by them,” He snarled.

 

I raised my brows and looked at him. Even though he’s my best friend, I’ll not blindly believe whatever he’s saying. This man needs some experience in this cruel world, he’s like a toad that stuck in his own well.

 

Matsumoto was a Genius in Colleges back then. He’s the best at designing structures, but terrible at communicating with other people. That’s why even though he’s one of the smartest people in the class, his job is only so so. 

 

He tucked behind the computer all the time, not knowing how the world works, that’s why he’s so easy to get swindled. I mean, after simping a girl online for more than thousands of dollars, saying she loves you and wants to marry you only to get swindled.., What a miserable life.

 

“NO! I’m serious, I’ll throw away all of my Anime Collections and Games. I will start going to the gym, and I will eat healthy food!!” He screamed and a spark of tears came out from his eyes. 

 

I smiled lightly seeing my friends that look like a Highschool boy that just got rejected by his crush

 

“Alright alright.. I believe you” I patted his shoulder

 

“Yes snob snob... You should” he wiped the tears  “and snob snob -and if you don’t believe me, I’ll give you this Game that I just bought today”

 

He opened up his bag and grabbed a Game plastic cover

 

I looked at the game cover that filled with handsome boys and sweat formed around my back

 

“Are you turning into gay?! GET THE FUCK OFF FROM ME MAN!” I pushed him

 

“WHAT! NO!!!! Fuck you, you’re gay! Your entire family are gay. You bitch!” He screamed. “Sigh... It’s an otome game. A game that’s so popular among the girls right now”

 

“So?” I furrowed my brows

 

“So maybe it would help you get a conversation topic with a girl?”

 

He pushed it into my hand

 

“HAH! Thank you bro!, but this handsome man right here doesn't nee-“ I held back my words

 

I want to decline it but remember that Jane has talked about a game that popular amongst the girls before. I think it's called Knights Love?

 

Hmmm.

 

“Hey Matsumoto, just out of curiosity, Is it a game called Knights Love?” I moved my head from his face and tried to speak as calmly as possible

 

“Yeah... that shit is booming right now, I need to queued around 4 hours to get one” he tilted his head

 

“Well, I’ll take it for some research, and also the pay for your bills”

 

He looked at me for a second and smirked playfully

 

“Ohoooh? so you pursuing a girl right now????”

 

“I’m not!” I retorted him.

 

“What a tsundere guy”

 

“I’m not a tsundere!!!!!”

 

“You’re” his smirk getting bigger

 

“No”

 

“You are”

 

“Stop teasing me! and I’m not a tsundere”

 

“You are”

 

“I’M NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!” 


"Knights Love huh..." I looked at the CD cover and I smiled.

 

I walked into the living room to turn on my PC

 

“Alright! let’s finish this game...” I’m really hyped up. “Oh wait!, Let me get some coffee first”

 

I went to the kitchen and brew a coffee

 

Hum hum, at last! I would have something to talk to Jane HOORAY!. I wonder how she will react when she knows I also played the game?

 

“Hehe” My smile is getting wider and wider while I mix the coffee and sugar up

 

But little do I know that this would be my last coffee on earth.

Your Favorite and Adding the Novel to the reading list means a lot. Thank You very much

78