365 – VTuber Revolution – III
4k 13 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Morning, in a suburban house around the block from the Smith family household. Nothing too extraordinary. It was a two-floor, three bedroom and two bathroom house. A wooden gate enclosed the yard, giving a bit of privacy, and a small attached garage allowed for a single car.

Inside that house, three otherworldly beauties sat around a table, sipping on tea and enjoying a light breakfast. Zhaojun, Daji, and Xuannu.

Daji stifled a yawn as she sipped on her cup of Jasmine tea. "I still can't get used to the flow of time here... Why are the days so short?"

Xuannu scooped a spoonful of the rice porridge she made for breakfast before saying, "It is not that the days are short, but that you use too much of it lazing about like a fox."

Daji puffed her cheeks and said, "I am not lazing about!" She set down her cup and then said, "I am... assimilating with the local mortal culture."

Zhaojun let out a faint smile as she watched the two and said, "Does it matter either way?" She sipped on a cup of lavender tea and said, "Senior Brother has gone so far as to give us our own home close to his, and Senior Sister has changed to the point that she laughs and willingly allows us to interact with her husband and child along with our beloved nieces. Nothing else truly matters, does it?"

Xuannu sipped on her cup of black tea before nodding. "That's true. Although not the ideal outcome, this is more than welcome. However..." She set her cup back down and frowned. "As much as I love being pampered by Johnny and enjoy pampering our nieces, it doesn't sit right to keep taking advantage of his kindness."

Daji munched on a bit of smoked salmon and then said, "I see what you mean... Big Brother has given us a lot already. It's wonderful that he still sees us as family and keeps us close, but he might change his mind if we simply keep receiving his graciousness."

Zhaojun shook her head and said, "Senior Brother would never do that." She frowned and said, "...But he may be troubled. Since he is deciding to live as a mortal, he has purposefully sealed a majority of his powers and so lacks the capacity to address every concern passing his way."

Daji nodded. "Mmhm. Big Brother never liked when his roleplaying was interrupted in the past."

Xuannu hummed and said, "Should we try it?"

Zhaojun looked over and said, "Try what?"

"Well..." Xuannu drew circles on the table with her index finger and said, "Johnny opened an entertainment group for mortals, did he not? I suppose he wouldn't allow us to join, but he opened the tools for anyone to use. Should we try it?"

Daji's eyes widened and she said, "Ooh! That 'streaming', right?" She sat up and said, "We're all peerless beauties. It would be simple to make a living like that!"

Zhaojun frowned. "True... but I feel Senior Brother would be upset if we go too far." Her frown deepened and she said, "Mortals tend to resort to extreme ends to meet peerless beauties. If our fame spreads across the realm, the odds are high that Senior Brother would be implicated."

Xuannu plucked a phone out of thin air and then tapped on the MIRAIZ app icon installed on the home screen. After it loaded up, she held the phone around so the camera caught all three of them and said, "No need to worry. Johnny's tools obscure all the users... See?"

The phone's display flickered for a bit before showing anime versions of the three beauties sitting around an anime version of the kitchen table and everything on it.

Daji looked at the screen and then pouted. "How come I look less cute? Big Brother's creations can't be that flawed, can it?"

Zhaojun reached up to hold her chin, thoughtfully looking at the screen. "So this is how it works... I was wondering how my beloved niece streamed." She waved her hand, watching as the matching anime version on the phone copied her. "Anonymity and a pleasing, if imperfect appearance..."

Daji tilted her head. "Imperfect?" She paused and then said, "Oh!" She smacked a fist against an open palm and said, "Right! Big Brother wanted to protect the mortals starting in the field and allow them to live an ordinary life as well." Looking back at the screen, she said, "I guess I can accept being less cute then."

Xuannu hummed and said, "It is a bit unfortunate, yes. But beauty rests in more than just the appearance. So." She looked back at the other beauties and said, "Should we do it?"

Zhaojun slowly nodded and said, "I have been meaning to teach Alphy some of my skills. This would be a good way to practice beforehand. But Xuannu."

Xuannu smiled. "Yes, Zhaozhao?"

"I can entertain with my skills, but what will you two do?"

Xuannu giggled and said, "Oh, don't you worry about that, Zhaozhao. This one is famous across the Three Realms for a reason." She paused and then looked at Daji. "...But you have a point about Daji."

Daji bristled and said, "What?!"

Xuannu leaned back and said, "You can't rely on your bewitching beauty this time, Daji. Other than that... do you even have any skills?"

Daji growled and said, "You...! Hmph!" She slammed her hands on the table and said, "I'll show you!" She held up three figners and said, "Three days! In three days, I'll have more followers than both of you combined!"

Xuannu chuckled and said, "How childish... But I'll accept the wager." She looked at Zhaojun and said, "Zhaozhao?"

Zhaojun sipped on her tea and said, "I accept. However, the one with the least followers must beg Senior Brother for us all to take a family trip together."

Daji froze.

Xuannu blinked and then narrowed her eyes. "...It seems that you have become more sly, Zhaozhao."

Zhaojun set down her teacup and said, "Sly? It is a simple wager, is it not?"

Daji crossed her arms and said, "Hmph! I'm not scared! I accept!"

Xuannu nodded and said, "Well. I guess there's nothing to lose having Daji ask Johnny to take us all out on a trip. And I *did* want to spoil little Aurora a bit more."

"Hey!" Daji pointed at Xuannu and said, "Why are you talking like I lost already?"

Xuannu simply smiled.

Daji puffed her cheeks and said, "I'll show you two! The Demon Empress isn't bewitching just because of her appearance!"

"Yes, yes." Xuannu nodded and said, "Now finish your food already, Daji."

"I'm not a child!"

"...Hm." Xuannu tilted her head and said, "Does Meggie get her impetulance from being around you?"

"...Tch." Daji sat back down and started stuffing her face.

Zhaojun sipped her tea and then said, "We will begin at noon. Until then." She smiled and said, "Let us enjoy this peaceful morning, shall we?"

xxx

The Prodigy office space in Myth Inc. HQ, around 8 AM.

Kai sipped on a mug of black coffee while he looked over at the girls he was currently managing. And as he saw their appearance, he let out a sigh and said, "Just because your face is hidden behind an animated model doesn't mean you can neglect your health, girls."

Bleary and puffy eyes. Yawns all around... And then there was Chihiro who looked like a corpse brought back to life with the dark circles under her eyes and pale skin.

Seeing them like that, Kai sighed again and couldn't help but wonder if all the girls he tried to help were meant to suffer in some way.

Yuri stifled a yawn and shook her head. "Sorry, Uncle-"

"Manager."

Yuri cleared her throat and said, "Sorry, Manager Kai." She rubbed her face and said, "We've been busy prepping for our collab stream."

Kai raised an eyebrow and looked at Chihiro, who seemed surprised by that announcement. "Is that so?"

Chihiro flinched and quickly nodded. "Y-Yeah! Lots of things, you know? Big projects."

"Care to elaborate?" Kai leaned back, holding his coffee mug up to his face. "Managing your schedules is hard enough without being in the dark."

Shu laughed and said, "Don't worry, Manager! We'll make sure to surprise everyone with our hard work!"

Suzume nodded and said, "You will not be disappointed."

Chihiro gave the others a suspicious look and carefully said, "...Yeah."

Kai resisted the urge to let out another sigh. There were clearly tensions running high in the group between Chihiro and the others. Of course, it wasn't a large problem. Mystic Bouquet had been that way in the past between Sayuri and the other girls.

It was a problem that would sort itself out soon enough.

The question was whether Kai should leave it be for the girls to resolve among themselves or if he should intervene.

Ideally, it would be best for Mystic Bouquet to come and act as senpais to mediate, but the girls were busy at the moment going through some therapy with Jenny.

Kai took a long sip from his coffee before putting his mug down. "Fine. I suppose the purpose of Project MirAIs is to give you girls freedom. But." He narrowed his eyes and said, "Your actions will reflect on both your Senpai and your future kouhais. Remember that."

Project MirAIs was still a bud that had yet to sprout. Although it had the perfect conditions from John's mysteriously endless resources and a towering pillar of protection in John himself, there were enemies all around the world waiting for the slightest weakness.

Of course, Kai had a feeling that John could step in whenever he wanted and crush those enemies while sweeping all the problems away, it still wasn't good for the longterm health of Project MirAIs.

No matter how strong a support pillar was, if there was just one, the building could still collapse.

Kai didn't want the Prodigy girls to get caught up in that. Once was more than enough for him to go through.

The girls glanced at each other. After a moment of silence, there seemed to be a tacit agreement between them all as they looked back and nodded.

Seeing that, Kai nodded and said, "Good. Now, the plan was to review the permission requests and then look for tutors, but since you're all exhausted, we'll take a trip to the spa first."

Shu's eyes sparkled. "Spa? We're really going to a spa?"

Suzume held her hand up to her chest and said, "...Is that fine?"

Kai stood up and said, "Of course. You can't work if you're exhausted. Now come on. I know just the place."

xxx

#VTuberRevolution


@V-ShowGirls
#Reidolize The Devil, the Divine, and the Dynast. Reconceptualize. Restart. Open the dimension to a new realm. Let's reidolize.

↪@Loreowl
Oh god.

↪@laughingwolf
RIP @Loreowl

↪@aloreing_scholar
The loooooore!

↪@HanasOniichan
The rabbithole expands. RIP @Loreowl

@DarkBeauty
Welcome to the jade pavilion. Come, tell big sister all your love troubles...

@FoxyDemon
Ohoho! To have come across this one's profile, can we call it fate?! You won't ignore me, will you, Onii-chan~?

@FellBird
The moon above the Jade Palace and Three realms. Upon the Jewel Gate, we walk a road of no return. Would you listen to my story?

@Kiiro-chi
Looking for riggers, musicians, voice actors, and programmers for a big project! At me with your resume!

44