Chapter 3
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The duel grew bleaker and bleaker for the youngster. His opponent did not ease up with the onslaught either, making the fight of creative thinking an uphill battle. Though, Sir Theodore was not down bad since it was a fictitious duel with their minds. But the experience still felt somewhat factual.
Watching a ton of fantasy cartoons was a great help in the battle, as he had various elements to take from them. Even so, if it were not for this type of circumstance, Sir Theodore would have no doubt walk the plank by now.
In his defend, another youngster would have, in all likelihood, give in to defeat and view the make-believe duel to be an unwinnable fight. But this was not the case for Sir Theodore as he still wanted to cross minds with the fierce Ogre.
Weathering, the thunderous storm to emerge victorious over his old man. It won’t be a child’s play since the Ogre was not duck-soup, but that would make things sure as hell more enjoyable.
The mindful youngster shared a little thought with himself,
“Wait a minute! This is almost like that one episode of Adventure Buddies when Tailgate fooled the scary giant with a-hmm-what do you call it again? Oh, Marriage!”
Sir Theodore went from weeping to beaming when his senses wandered from the fantasy world their minds were in back to reality. He began to titter at the Ogre, and it confused the ferocious beast. Racking his brain around Sir Theodore’s behavior,
“Is it my addled brain playing tricks, or is he giggling? I'm glad he's no sad anymore but...”
The Ogre barely held in his annoyance at making up theories for the giggles. He came flat out and raised the question to the culprit.
“Oy…What’s so funny?”
“Teehee…You have been bamboozled, you big ole smelly Ogre. That wasn’t the real Linos; it was a marriage.”
“W-what? A mar…D-do you mean Mirage? And I’m not smelly.” The Ogre was utterly dumbfounded with what the witty youngster had stated. One may even say that he was bamboozled, forsooth.
“Linos didn’t get sliced by your sword because that was a decoy. The real Linos is behind you.”
“Now where’s the logic in tha…Argh!”
“GET HIM, LINOS!!!” Sir Theodore commandingly exclaimed like a captain rallying his crew to charge!!!!
He rushed towards the towering Ogre and dived at him with a sense of conviction. The “five gruesome towers of Teaspoonia” had fallen for the first time in the duel, and Sir Theodore was on top.
“Oof!”
“Now I got you exactly where I want you.” His hands were trembling as he spared no effort in restraining the Ogre.
Even though the beast could have broken free with his sturdy arms, he played along with the youngster’s antics. The Ogre shared a chuckle with himself and thought why not, this is surprisingly entertaining. He allowed Sir Theodore to have his moment of dominance, struggling on purpose while trying to uplift himself.
“Oh no, thou have tricked me. You’re so strong Sir Theodore.”
“Yay! The heroes win.”
“Hmm…yeah I’m not so sure about that, kiddo.” Here he goes again with his urge to win.
“What do you speak of, wrongdoer?”
“Thou dear believes, the powerful and undisputed strength of the five gruesome towers of Teaspoon most legendary, Ogre. Can be suppressed with both Linos and your weak bodies?”
The grim Ogre flexed his arm to display his might, gradually lifting himself off of the floor. Sir Theodore was rising and started to fall off of his capture.
He drew nearer and nearer to standing, while the other drew closer and closer to losing. Sir Theodore knew he had to come up with a brilliant plan before the Ogre regains his stance. In a trice, an idea popped up in his head. Though it leaned on how much the Ogre was into the make-believe aspect of the duel. It was an idea, nonetheless.
He claimed to have summoned the assistance of the Davie Jones’ Kraken. To hold down the Ogre’s limbs and detain him.
“Oh, Great Kraken of the Deep Seas, I call upon thee to conquer this beast.” And to Sir Theodore’s delight, the Ogre took a hint and joined in on the fiction.
“Kya…I can’t move my arms and legs.” He fell back onto the floor, and Sir Theodore retain his position.
The Ogre demonstrated the agony he was in from the eight massive tentacles of the Kraken, crying out to the five gruesome towers of Teaspoonia, “Ack- The power that thou are displaying is too much for me to handle. Argh…”
He bewitched himself with his triumphant win of outwitting his old father at the duel of their imagination. Sir Theodore placed his little arms up in the air in exhilaration. The youngster was exceptionally light-hearted at the time since he rarely had moments like these for the past few months. His parents are on the job majority of the time.
So, this trivial duel meant a big deal for the toddler. Which, in part, made it more thrilling for him.
On the face of it, the thought may not have cross Robert's mind. He could be looking at it as a way to get back at Theo for disrespecting his pancakes.
Yeah, that is probably the case.
The Sly Ogre had, as usual, another trick up his sleeve. He took an unusual turn this time, though, as he summoned something of his own.
“By the powers of the great Greek Gods. I, the Most Powerful Ogre of Teaspoonia, conqueror of lands. Summons Poseidon to create a forceful wave from the ocean to wash the Kraken away.”
“B-but I thought you did not have any magic?”
“Indeed, I do rely on brute strength. Do thou recall when my Anti-magic sword absorbs some of the magic?”
“Eh?”
The Ogre rose from the floor with little to no effort, chuckles, and all.
“Are my eyes deceiving me? Or is that the best thou can do.”
Although the Ogre’s logic was somewhat sensible, the youngster was not putting up with it. Sir Theodore believes he had been done dirty in the duel. Claiming the Ogre’s actions were unfair and the face-off conclusion had not yet arrived.
His foe was having none of it, declaring his actions to be justified and what he did to be valid, no surprises there.
Both of them continued to debate whether his attack was legitimate or not. Also, they touched on the limits of how powerful one can be. Sir Theodore stated the Ogre was not allowed to use summoning magic or any sort of magic in general. His reasons were mainly about the Anti-Magic sword was already OP, and his physical attributes over the youngster was a huge bonus.
The Ogre response to his notion was anything but tame. He said the absorption of magic was one of the many quirks of the Anti-Magic blade. Since Sir Theodore held the sword for a brief moment, it enabled him to obtain his magic through the sword. The youngster was in disarray by the explanation given by the Ogre but let’s be real the beast is just being petty.
Their quarrel went on for about five minutes until Sir Theodore eventually showed the impatience of a child.
“Alrighty, if you’re allowed to summon stuff, then I summon another Kraken to wrapped around Poseidon and sink him under the deep blue sea.”
“W-what? Now that is just illogical.”
“I’m the great hero, Sir Theodore, and with my powerful partner Linos. We can do anything.”
“Oh really?”
“Uh-huh…”
“Welp I, the grim Ogre uses my overwhelming strength to punch the Kraken to the moon.”
“Wah- eh… But…But Kraken cannot be in space. That is impossible.”
“Bye-bye fishy Kraken.”
“Hmph!”
A battle of an old fantasizer versus a new dreamer. The fight for dream creds. The back and forth went south quickly as all the thought process flew out the logic window, from conjuring Meteors and Asteroids to teleporting the entire planet and creating new worlds.
Until the grim Ogre decided to rip his heart straight out of his chest, this was the nail in the steel coffin.
“Ha- not even the great hero, Sir Theodore, can survive without a heart. So, in conclusion, I win. The duel in fin.”
Once again, the youngster did not cease to amaze Uncle Reason.
“You walked straight into my trap, hehe. It is a bomb you are holding, not my heart. If you so dare to speak, it will blow.”
The Ogre tightened his lips when he uttered, “Really…”
“Kaboom!!!!”
“….”
“Yay! Linos, we win. Boom bop pop.”
Anyone would be at a loss for words by seeing this outcome. One can guess that the Ogre’s bearing was nowhere to locate at this point, to be honest. He must have even forgotten about the pancakes.
But victory is still victorying no matter what mud it emerges in. He had one lost effort to give.
“Uh- well I…”
Though their make-believe duel had, at last, came to an indefinite end. Who won was unclear, but who lost was even more perplexing so let us call it an unfriendly draw for now? The only thing that could take Robert and his petty acts away from the emotive battle had called.
*Ring…Ring*

0