Chapter 7
4.8k 5 90
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Author’s Note: Hello everybody, this is the 7th daily chapter released since the start of the book. Following onwards, I will release 3 chapters per week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) as I am currently a student and only have so much time. Thanks for all the support so far and I hope everybody stays safe and healthy amid the pandemic. 

Enjoy the chapter.


The person was none other than the middle aged woman from the Zhao Family! A true mature and beautiful lady!

On the other hand, the other woman saw the two staring at each other and realized that something was off, “Does master know this disciple?” 

Looking at her robes, she was likely Elder Bai. However, he was shocked as he looked at her. All the elders thus far were middle-aged or stinking grandpas like his old man. However, Elder Bai shattered this trend as she looked to be in her 20s, mid 20s at most! She had wavy brown hair and a small waist. While her chest wasn’t as ambitious as Miss Zhao, it was still ample. She had brown almond eyes and a small nose while her lips looked so soft. Ever since he left his village, he could say he was truly enlightened!

“Yes, Qian Yu, right?” Miss Zhao smiled and asked.

“Yes, disciple greets Miss Zhao,” Qian Yu tried to respond more confidently than he did a week ago. 

“Does disciple Qian need anything?” Elder Bai asked.

Qian Yu took a deep breath and replied, “Disciple Qian would like to see if there are any opportunities for me here as I have just entered the sect.” 

Before Elder Bai could reply, Miss Zhao said, “Little Jia, this lad does have a decent amount of experience, it reminds me of yourself when you were learning medicine under me back then hehe… I’m sure you won’t mind the help since there’s a new batch of disciples right now.”

Elder Bai shot an angry glare at her teacher for calling her “little Jia” in front of a disciple before making up her mind. Not many knew of Miss Zhao’s status outside her family, but Elder Bai knew that Miss Zhao was a doctor and consultant for the royal Xia family. She was a very respected lady and also had many students over the years such as herself. Naturally she had a very good eye for medical talent. 

As such, without much consideration she agreed, but as she didn’t know where to start, she said, “Alright, I could use a helping hand. Let’s talk about what you can do and we’ll go from there. Alright sit.”

Delighted, Qian Yu sat down on the chair and started elaborating about his experience and skills. At this point, Miss Zhao had already disappeared while the two of them talked. After Qian Yu gave an overview of his skills,  Elder Bai started asking questions and Qian Yu proceeded to answer them if he could. 

‘Hmm, not bad for a kid born in a random village in this kingdom. Although he doesn’t have a wide variety of skills and techniques, his theoretical knowledge is pretty high for mortal standards at least. He doesn’t know much about treating common issues in the cultivation world but that's normal,’ Elder Bai was surprised at Qian Yu’s foundation for a 14 year old. 

“Alright, I have a pretty good understanding about your medical experience. To start, you need to learn some more about the cultivation world and common injuries and treatments. However, since you are only at the 4th stage of the body refining rank, you should focus more on cultivating. How about this, you’ll work two days a week and I’ll give you some books that you can read before you sleep or something. For each day, you’ll be helping with some miscellaneous tasks such as grinding herbs, delivering stuff, making some medicine and maybe even treating some minor injuries. As for your pay, I’ll give you two sect points a week. Ah of course, you can start coming here after your first lecture next week,” she said.

“Yes, thank you so much Elder Bai!” Qian Yu was delighted as he gave a small bow. He managed to get a part time job which was the best outcome! He didn’t know how much 2 sect points was but he didn’t dare bargain with an Elder. 

The two finished chatting and Qian Yu went down to the first floor. Noticing the smile on his face, the receptionist was shocked. There were many people who attempted to get a job here just to get closer to Elder Bai, which would naturally fail. The only reason he got a receptionist job was because it was first come first served. He was the first person to come ask for a job and he was also extremely respectful and polite when he was talking with Elder Bai. 

“You got the job lil bro?” he asked.

“Yea, I will be coming here two days a week after my first lecture next week,” Qian Yu replied naturally. 

“What no way! You're a new disciple too! If the other kids knew this and were here they’ll be crazy for sure,” the receptionist was even more shocked. ‘Is he related to Elder Bai or something,’ he thought.

Qian Yu was surprised by his reaction and asked, “What do you mean?” 

The receptionist looked around making sure the area was clear before whispering, “As you know, Elder Bai is very pretty and in her early 20s. But that’s not all! She’s also very talented and mysterious as no one knows her background besides the sect leader and higher ups I guess. Since she’s an elder, she probably is already a Martial Fighter and is here to learn the Ice Arts cultivation method to enter the Martial Lord realm. She should normally be a disciple as she is pretty young but since she’s already a Martial Fighter and was never a disciple here, it would be pretty awkward so she opted to be an elder. I mean you also get more resources compared to a core disciple even if you’re an outer court sect elder. Oh yea, you’re new so you probably don’t know what I’m talking about… uh you’ll learn it next week, alright see ya next week bud, there are some patients coming.” 

The guy was pretty talkative and Qian Yu didn’t understand everything the guy said but he did his best to remember as many details as possible. ‘Hopefully, I’ll understand everything next week. Oh wait, I forgot to ask his name as well, maybe I’ll see him next time,’ Qian Yu thought as he was walking back home.

90