Chapter 11
4k 4 85
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“You, w-why are you here!” Lang Mei exclaimed in shock. 

“Naturally, if you are able to find out about what my sister does, I can do so too no?” the man laughed. 

Looking at him, Qian Yu saw a young man in white robes with great charisma. He had long hair and it was tied together at the top. His face was like a piece of jade and all the girls in the group immediately blushed upon seeing him. 

If one were to look more closely, they would also see a golden sash on his robes indicating that he was a core disciple! There weren’t many core disciples in the sect as it was extremely hard to earn that status. 

Seeing that Lang Mei was angrily starting at him while gnashing her teeth, he laughed and walked over to the receptionist “Here is my reservation for today, 11 people for a room on the fourth floor”. 

‘Hmphh, just you wait,’ Seeing that, Lang Mei angrily left the scene and returned to the third floor. 

“Ah yes, I’ll lead young Master up” the receptionist took the piece of wood and checked it before saying. 

“No I will not be dining today, just go ahead with my sister” Zhao Xieren’s brother smiled. 

At this time, Zhao Xieren had already recovered her composure, “Thank you brother”. 

“No problem, anything for my little sister,” he happily said as he patted her head and walked out of the restaurant. 

Meanwhile the 10 outer court disciples watched the whole fiasco. They initially felt a bit conflicted at the beginning but they were later shocked by the appearance of a core disciple. He was even the brother of their group leader!

Sighing, Zhao Xieren said, “Alright, I’m sorry about that everyone, let’s go enjoy the meal”.

The group were led to the set of stairs that Lang Mei had gone up earlier and they walked up to the 4th floor. 

After reaching the 4th floor, Qian Yu managed to excuse himself and go to the restroom to respond to nature’s calling. 

Meanwhile, everybody else entered the private room and sat down and started talking and discussed what to order. Feeling a little tired, Zhao Xieren left the room saying she needed to go wash up. 

After she left the room, she headed towards the restroom cursing, ‘That stupid Lang Mei, why does she keep harassing me. I haven’t slept in peace ever since I met her. If it weren’t for elder brother I don’t know what would have happened. Sigh, I’m still too weak and young’. She started kicking and punching the wall as she ranted. 

At this time, Qian Yu had finished his business and turned the corner as he saw Zhao Xieren bully the poor wall while cursing. Noticing someone was here, she turned her head and stared at Qian Yu for a few seconds. 

“Cough Cough, hello Qian Yu, there was a sneaky cockroach on the ground and I was trying to kill it” she said embarrassingly. “Ahh where did it go, I can’t find it anymore”. 

‘Couldn’t kill a cockroach…’ Qian Yu laughed inwardly. “Don’t worry Miss Zhao, I will take care of it if I see it later” he replied jokingly. 

“I appreciate it. Also you can just call me Zhao Xieren, we are all disciples”. 

“Alright, I will do as you say” Qian Yu was about to take a step forward and start heading back to the room but Zhao Xieren wasn’t done talking to him. 

“By the way Qian Yu, what do you think about me?” she said innocently. 

‘Huh, what does she mean by that’ Qian Yu was confused as he unintendedly took a quick up and down glance at her body. Seeing his eye movements, Zhao Xieren quickly blushed, “I was referring to what happened earlier and how you feel about me and how I am doing as a leader”. 

‘Oh this is what she meant. I hope she doesn’t think I’m perverted…’ Qian Yu pondered for a few seconds before saying, “I wouldn’t worry too much. I’m not sure if you noticed this but most of us from the villages and outer court disciples are generally very lax. Especially those from humble backgrounds like me, I feel like we are very conservative compared to people from the cities. Since we willingly entered this sect under the conditions of being under your family’s control, we naturally don’t have a reason to dislike you. Of course, I feel that you are a very nice person and deeply care for others. I’m sure the others know you are trying as well”. Qian Yu found it hard to say the last few sentences but he finally squeezed out the words. He had said out what he thought after thinking about his interaction with Gu Zan yesterday and how he personally felt about the Zhao Family. 

‘Hmm, that’s right huh. I’ve been thinking about all of this from the perspective of rich and powerful nobles back in the capital. Since our family has given this opportunity to the villagers, they naturally already have a good opinion of us. It seems I was a little too stressed’. 

She genuinely felt better after talking with him and she felt like the load on her back was a lot lighter. “Thank you, mother was really right about you, you’re so smart for someone so young!”

‘Mother? There’s only one Miss Zhao I know…’ Qian Yu thought. “EHHHH? You are Miss Zhao, the imperial doctor’s daughter?” 

“Mhm, yea, did you not know?” Zhao Xieren was confused. 

“Ahh, I was -” Qian Yu paused. He didn’t know what to say as he didn’t even talk to Miss Zhao much. He had learned about her identity after talking with Bai Jia but she didn’t mention anything about Miss Zhao’s daughter. He finished his sentence, “Yea, I didn’t know about it”. 

“Ahh, well now you do hehe” she giggled, “Mom told me to take good care of you so don’t worry about it. Alright you should head back and go eat, the food should be served already. I will go wash up now”. 

“Ok, I’ll see you later”.

After she walked past him, he turned his head and watched her figure walk past the corner. He thought about the curvaceous Miss Zhao and then Zhao Xieren and gulped, ‘She still has a lot of growth’.


In a private room on the third floor.

“That brother of hers showed up, god damn it,” Lang Mei angrily sat on a chair. On the other side of the table, there was a guy happily eating some delicacies with the exact same robes as Zhao Xieren’s brother. However, he was notably much younger than Zhao Xieren’s brother.

“Yea yea I know, I was listening earlier” he sighed and casually said. 

“Younger cousin, can you teach her a lesson for me?” she acted spoiled. 

“Stop worrying so much about her, just focus on your cultivation. If we meet them during the winter hunt, I’ll naturally eliminate them from the hunt. Just go cultivate for a few months and spend your time better” he said confidently. 

“Alright, fine you’re right. I do admit I’ve been distracted lately. Just remember your promise” she agreed knowing she had been going overboard lately.

85