Chapter 12
4k 2 82
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Author's Note: A general glossary has been added with more information on the cultivation system. 


The lunch party was about 2 hours long and after filling himself up with a lot of higher quality spiritual beast meat, Qian Yu actually felt a noticeable difference in his body when he woke up the next morning. 

‘I’ll grab some food first and then head over to work,’ he thought as he looked forward to seeing Bai Jia.

20 minutes later, he arrived at the medical hall. Through the window, he saw Gu Zan meditating at the reception desk. As he entered the building, Gu Zan opened his eyes and greeted him, “Good morning little brother!”

“Hello… big bro Gu... do you work here everyday?” Qian Yu was curious as he felt like this guy was here every day. 

“Mhm, I do, the pay is stable and I don’t need to do much. Only a few people get hurt or injured every day. Some days I won’t even see a person which is nice,” he replied with a happy smile.

“Oh, thanks for the information,” Qian Yu said as he walked up to the second floor.

*Knock Knock* “Elder Bai, this is Qian Yu,” he knocked on the door.

A few seconds later, he heard a voice, “Come in, the door’s unlocked.”

As he entered the office, he looked around and didn’t see her anyways. Following that, he realized that the two doors that were previously closed the last time he was here were open. As for what was behind one of the doors, he saw that it was a restroom. The other door, however, opened to a hallway with more doors. In one door, he saw some drawers and a closet and thought it was probably a bedroom. From the other door, he smelt a delicious aroma and without a doubt, it was a kitchen. 

‘This is outrageous. Why is it called an office?' Qian Yu was envious. 

After a few minutes, she walked out of the kitchen with a tray of food and some tea. Although he already had breakfast, his stomach wasn’t full and started growling. 

“Do all sect elders live in their so-called office?” Qian Yu asked as she approached. 

“Mhm, most of us do unless they have a specific job that doesn’t have an office. Of course, the medical hall is one of the more special ones since I pretty much have to live here all the time in case of emergencies, so they were pretty generous. The others don’t have such a big office,” she explained.

“Oh that makes sense. This is practically a house,” Qian Yu said. 

“Hehe, let’s eat,” she laughed.

“Alright thank you for the food Sister Bai,” Qian Yu said as he started devouring the food.

‘This food is even better than what the sect gives us, especially the fish, it’s amazing,’ Qian Yu thought as he ate.

Looking at the boy eating, she laughed and teasingly said, “How is your elder sister’s cooking? Back home, I’ve never cooked for anyone other than my family, you’re so lucky.”

Qian Yu finished chewing before saying, “It’s pretty good, does this mean you’ll cook for me every day I work?” A good paying job, not monotonous and boring, and a free meal! What great benefits!

“Damn you little rascal, taking advantage of my kindness, you better work your ass off later,” she joked. 

10 minutes later, the two finished eating and Qian Yu finally got his tasks. It was a list of chores and small things that he had to do over the day to prepare for her to make some special recovery pills for the sect. 

Qian Yu didn’t wait and immediately got to work. Overall, he found it pretty nice, as there were times when he just had to wait for the herbs to boil or change the temperature of something which was quick and easy. While waiting, he read a recipe book for various pills that Bai Jia gave him after she saw how curious he was about the pills. 

After he finished all his tasks, it was already late afternoon so he bid goodbye to Bai Jia before heading home to train.


The following weeks continued on and he was given a few books to read each week when he visited Bai Jia. He enjoyed his time here the most as he would get to eat a delicious meal every time and he also started taking over most of the treatments for the injured who came which was very nostalgic for him. 

Additionally, the books he read were mostly related to medicine but a few of them were some old history books that piqued his interest a lot. 

Currently, it was 814 of the 4th Era, while each Era was 10,000 years. However, something happened in the middle period of the 3rd Era that had almost eradicated the world. In some books, it was called the “Catastrophe” while others called it the “Month of Hell”. In just a month, the world was ravaged to a point that would require thousands of years to fix. 

During the start of the “Month of Hell”, a group of people randomly became crazy and blood thirsty including peak existences that started slaughtering randomly. Yet it happened throughout the whole world at the time which was the weirdest part of all this. After a few weeks of the world wide war, a bloody hole opened in the skies above the Central Continent and a being descended from it. From the hole, gas continued to spew out as it tried to seemingly devour everything in touch. With a wave of his hand, that unknown being ended countless lives as they were fed  to the dark fog. 

Before he could do anything more, someone appeared seemingly out of nowhere. He only said one thing before the two started fighting and disappeared, “Demon of the Abyss”. After a few more days, the war was still ongoing, however, the growing hole in the sky suddenly shrunk and disappeared as the remaining crazed cultivators instantly died. However the damage was permanent. The strongest forces at the time in the central continent were wiped out and the continent permanently turned into a forbidden area known today as the Abyssal Realm.

As for the man who appeared to fight the “Demon of the Abyss”, nothing could be found of him in any of the books that Qian Yu read through. There were many theories of who he was but none of them had concrete evidence about his identity. Some even thought he was an outer world foreigner as none of their records showed anyone with such strength!

While reading about these stories, he randomly thought about the chances of some secret inheritances being undiscovered. With so many powerhouses dying, there were chances that they would leave their inheritance behind!

82