Chapter 59
2k 13 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the auction had ended, which was pretty much the rest of the day, an employee was sent to Qian Yu’s room.

“Sir, please follow me to finish the transaction,” she said.

“Alright,” Qian Yu nodded before he followed her. After a few minutes, Qian Yu arrived at the door as he entered and saw a small room with a table and some people. 

On one side of the table, there was a man while there was a silver haired girl standing silently at the side of the room away from the table. As Qian Yu entered the room, the two turned their attention towards him. Without a doubt, the girl’s gaze wasn’t very friendly unlike the amicable man. 

“Welcome welcome, please sit,” he said. 

Qian Yu glanced at the girl before sitting down without saying anything. As he did, he took out a spatial ring with the spirit stones inside before laying it out on the table. 

“Hahaha, very straightforward I see,” the man said as he took out a ring and tossed it at Qian Yu. Seeing the ring fly at him, Qian Yu caught it as he sent his own ring towards the man. In a matter of seconds, Qian Yu managed to gain control of the ring as he felt a scroll inside.

Instantly, Qian Yu took out the scroll and looked at it curiously. The scroll had her name and some other details including the reason she was put into slavery and other factors like her cultivation level and technique. 

‘Zhen Yue, 18, 9th stage of qi gathering. From the Zhen Family of the Eastern Islands Alliance. Cultivates sky grade Nature’s Fist cultivation technique. Reason of slavery: fall of family during conflict between major powers,’ Qian Yu read the scroll quickly.

‘Hmm, sky grade cultivation technique… In the end, they could never be as talented or have backgrounds compared to someone like Zhao Xieren.’ he quickly thought. While she did come from a noble background, it wasn’t as impressive as something at the level of Zhao Xieren of course.

‘The Eastern Islands Alliance is not that far away though,’ Qian Yu thought. The Southern Ice Continent was in the southern hemisphere and near the bottom of the world. Meanwhile, the Soba Empire was just a little northeast of it, while the Dark Empire and Central Union was north of the Southern Ice Continent. As for the Eastern Islands Alliance, they were a coalition of a couple islands further east of the Soba Empire. 

‘Alright then,’ Qian Yu finished his thoughts on the matter as he started binding the scroll. In a matter of seconds, Qian Yu bound the scroll but he didn’t feel any noticeable change. The scroll was like a connection between Qian Yu and the girl and as such, he wouldn’t feel a direct connection like with Tian Xinyi, his spiritual beast. 

The slave trade worked well in this world because of a combination of a certain cultivation technique and these inscribed scrolls. There were certain cultivation techniques that had martial techniques that could affect people’s souls and they were able to restrict people and essentially turn them into slaves this way before binding them to these scrolls. Whoever was in possession of the scroll, would be the master and have control over the slave. 

Looking at the man, Qian Yu saw that he nodded and Qian Yu simply stood up as he left the room with the girl following behind him. Leaving the room, Qian Yu took out a spare rogue cultivator robe as he handed it to the girl. “Wear it,” he simply said as he handed the girl the robes. 

The girl didn’t say anything as she took the robes from his hand and put it on. Leaving the auction house, Qian Yu and the girl walked back to the inn. While Qian Yu appeared normal and calm on the outside, his brain was working at full speed. There were two ways of ruling between a master and a retainer. Either ruling through love or fear. If they feared you enough, they would never betray you while if you were loved, they would have no reason to betray you as well. 

While he did hold the slave contract in his possession it would have limitations on what she could do unless it was a direct order by him. It was simply impossible to micro manage everything she could do. 

As such, Qian Yu was thinking of how to act towards the stranger. As someone who would travel with him for a while, he had to consider the long term and how to treat her. Still as they reached the inn and entered the room, Qian Yu didn’t have a concrete plan. After all, he had been debating this matter ever since he had decided to get a slave, so there was no reason he would magically come up with a problem right now even before he interacted with her.

‘I can only hope for the best,’ he sighed as he opened the door to the room. All this time, the two had never exchanged words on the way back to the inn. 

Qian Yu approached a table in the room as he took off his black robes reviewing his young face. Sitting down at the table he said in his normal voice, “You can sit”. 

The girl took off her black robes reviewing her beautiful appearance as she sat down in front of Qian Yu. She had long silvery white hair that extended past her bountiful bosom and down to her slim waist with silver eyes as well. 

Yet beautiful as she may be, her face was clearly dissatisfied as she stared at him. 

“Disappointed?” Qian Yu asked as he saw her face.

The girl closed her eyes as she angrily said, “Yes. I have prayed everyday in the last half a year in hopes of getting a strong master. While I have already accepted my fate as a slave, I wouldn’t have thought my master to be someone weaker than me at the 4th stage of qi gathering”.

Hearing her words, Qian Yu frowned for a bit before he sighed. Indeed, judging from a regular view, his cultivation isn’t that high. However, Qian Yu wasn’t really bothered by this. ‘Am I really weak though? Of course not!’ For he had taken down someone a couple realms higher than him, Qian Yu was confident.

If he learned anything from Zhao Xieren’s experience as a leader, it was that a leader needed to be strong and gain the trust and approval of their subordinates. In a way, the relationship between Qian Yu and the girl could be seen as such. Standing up he put on the black robes as he said, “Follow me,”

Confused as to why they were going out again when they just managed to return, she however, didn’t say anything as she put on the robes and followed him. 

After about a quarter of an hour, the two were standing in a forest outside the city. The moon hung high as Qian Yu confidently said, “Let’s fight”. Of course, this confidence was founded on the fact that her cultivation technique was a sky grade one.

“What?” the girl was a little startled.

“Mhm, I won’t use any tricks with the scroll or anything,” Qian Yu continued. 

“Y-you! Just because I am a fallen nobility and a slave now, doesn’t mean you can look down on me,” she angrily said. 

“I’m not. I just want you to know I’m not weaker than you,” Qian Yu confidently said. 

“... Very well, ‘master’ ” she said as she ran forward at Qian Yu. 

Naturally, she fought with her fists hence the name of her cultivation technique and Qian Yu was happily expecting this as he replied to her attacks without using a weapon.

“Bam! Bam!” the two started trading blows. At first, Qian Yu felt that she was a little sluggish but in time, her movements got better. Still she was rusty as she hadn’t been fighting for the last half year or so. As such, she wasn’t able to match Qian Yu who had been fighting for the last few months and had a better physique due to his heavenly constitution. 

“Tch,” she gritted her teeth as she started using her martial skill. “Nature’s Palm!” she yelled as a green hue could be seen on her hand. 

Running forward, she started her attacks on Qian Yu again. This time, Qian Yu didn’t trade blows as he just dodged her attacks. ‘Doesn’t look really dangerous but who knows,’ Qian Yu thought as he saw the martial technique. 

Still, it wasn’t really troublesome and Qian Yu soon made his move. As her palm was approaching him, Qian Yu dodged it as he moved one hand forward aiming at her wrist.

“Lightning Spasm!” Qian Yu activated his martial technique and he instantly felt a large drop in his qi. Still, it was effective as the green hue was disrupted allowing him to safely grab her hand. 

“What-” she was confused but before anything could happen she felt a fist land onto her stomach.

“Booom!” She was instantly thrown back as Qian Yu activated Lightning Spasm on his other hand.

“Thump,” she fell down a couple meters away as she spat out some blood before losing consciousness.

‘Hopefully that didn’t hurt too much,’ Qian Yu thought as he walked towards her picking her up. He of course didn’t use it with intent to kill but still, he had intended to knock her out with one attack just to make it seem like he was just that much stronger.

‘Hmm, a little bit more curvaceous than Sun Hong,’ Qian Yu thought as he felt her assets while carrying her back to the hotel room. Placing her on the bed, Qian Yu just waited for her to regain consciousness. 

46