Chapter 60
2.1k 7 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Author's Note: I posted only part of chapter 59, and it wasn't fixed for a while. Of course, it's fixed now, so just an announcement for those who didn't look back yet and were confused. 

Enjoy!

Also, steamy chapter soon (:


An hour or so passed before she woke up.

Sluggishly, she opened her eyes as she winced in pain muttering, “What happened?” It only took her a few seconds to regain her memories of what happened as she looked at Qian Yu who was by the side. 

In a quiet shaky voice she weakly said, “M-master, please forgive me for earlier. I take back my words. I-I’m so weak...”. 

Seeing the girl who was on the verge of breaking down Qian Yu just sighed. It seemed like she was having pretty mixed feelings right now and after being defeated by someone much weaker than her, she obviously didn’t feel very happy. 

Getting her something to drink and eat, Qian Yu say anything too aggressive as he introduced himself, “My name’s Qian Yu. You should introduce yourself and tell me a little bit about yourself.” 

Taking a few deep breaths, the girl calmed herself down before saying, “My name is Zhen Yue. As you know, I am a fallen noble from the Zhen Family of the Eastern Islands Alliance” .

‘Hmm, I guess they still have infighting despite being in a so-called alliance,’ Qian Yu thought as he heard her speak.

“...” she stopped speaking however contrary to Qian Yu’s expectation.

“Well then. If that’s all... you can ask me some questions?” Qian Yu asked. 

He wanted to know more about her like any hobbies or interests she had. ‘Does she think I’m too strict or something? Or is she just too reserved or shy?’ Qian Yu couldn’t help but wonder.

“Very well master, may I inquire about your own background?” she asked steadily.

“Well, I really have no background. No wealthy family or anything to rely on. Just a random outer sect disciple of the Ice Arts Sect in the Xia Empire,” Qian Yu bluntly said as he anticipated her reaction.

Hearing his words, Qian Yu noticed that she curled her fists for a few seconds before sighing and saying, “Master, I believe that you are not a simple person. Despite being so much weaker than me, you were able to surprise me and take me down. I.. may I confirm if you are practicing a legendary grade cultivation technique?”

“Mhm, that’s correct,” Qian Yu answered her as there was no reason to hide it and she couldn’t really get him into trouble with that information.

“Phew, that’s fine then,” she sighed in relief. 

‘It seems she really needs someone strong or something for some reason?’ Qian Yu thought as he looked at her previous behavior. 

“Why are you so obsessed with having a powerful master?” Qian Yu said as he continued to gauge her character. Their interaction so far was minimal and he couldn’t really judge her confusing character or goal as of yet.

Hearing his question, the girl sighed as she took a deep breath before saying, “M-master, I only have one request. I know that I am in no position to demand anything but… I only request that master will help me find my family in the future,”

“Can you explain more about your situation?” Qian Yu finally knew the reason for her obsessment. ‘Did she not say anything earlier because she didn’t have faith in my abilities?’ he thought.

“Yes, my family is just a minor power that supported a major power in the Eastern Islands Alliance. There was a conflict that caused that major power to be destroyed and many minor powers were destroyed as well. My family was one of them and at the time, I was captured as a slave before I could do anything. My only wish… is to find them and see how they are doing,” Zhen Yue sadly said.

‘Hmm, it’s not really an impossible task. It’s just with my current strength, I can’t do anything right now and the biggest factor is time. I wonder when I can freely roam around without having to be too cautious. Probably a Martial Fighter at least…’ Qian Yu naturally frowned as he realized he wasn’t going to be able to fulfill that anytime soon.

Yet as Qian Yu thought to that point, Zhen Yue, seeing that Qian Yu wasn’t saying anything and the frown on his face, abruptly got off the bed before getting on her knees and pressing her forehead on the ground. 

“Huh, what are yo-” Qian Yu jumped in surprise. No one had ever kowtowed to him and for someone to willingly kowtow, it wasn’t a small matter. For it was pleading with complete servitude and respect. It was an act that took away all your pride putting you into the most humble of positions.

Shakingly answering with tears in her eyes, she cried forward, “Master, please, I beg of you. This is the only reason that has allowed me to continue living over the last 6 months. I will serve you with my body and soul. Please accept my request!”

“Alright, alright, just get off the floor, come on, just get off,” Qian Yu started physically grabbing her arms as if to help her get off. 

Still, the girl didn’t completely give in as she removed her head from the floor. With one knee on the ground, still bowing in front of Qian Yu, she loudly said

“With the vast heavens and universal laws as the witness to this oath,

I, Zhen Yue, will serve Qian Yu with my body and soul as his slave.

Else, let the heavens judge me and smite my soul themselves!”

‘A heavenly oath!’ Qian Yu exclaimed inwardly at the lengths this girl was willing to go to. At the same time, Qian Yu felt a subtle change. Difficult to describe, it was as if there was a third person there watching the two as if the heavens were witnessing this scene themselves.

‘Uhh.. should I swear an oath as well? Is that socially polite and correct?’ Qian Yu thought. Towards something like this, he had no clue on what to do.

“Very well, I too shall follow in your footsteps,” Qian Yu announced before he continued,

“With the vast heavens and universal laws as the witness to this oath,

I, Qian Yu, shall do my utmost to fulfill Zhen Yue’s goal to find her family after I have become a Martial Fighter.

Else, let the heavens judge me and smite my soul themselves!”

Finishing the oath, Qian Yu simultaneously felt that omniscient feeling again. 

“Master, you didn’t need to… Thank you,” she said as a small smile of relief was seen on her face.

‘Oh, guess I was wrong…’ Qian Yu thought inwardly.

“Mm, that’s not all,” Qian Yu said as he took out the slave scroll. 

‘Lightning Spasm’ Qian Yu thought as he activated it on the scroll. In just a few seconds, he no longer felt connected with the scroll as he handed it to Zhen Yue. 

“Mmm, take it and insert your qi into it,” Qian Yu said. With the heavenly oath in place, this scroll was pretty useless and this would solve future problems with her identity as well. 

“M-master?” her hands were shaking as she grabbed onto it. Upon grabbing it, she gave Qian Yu a glance. Seeing her glance, Qian Yu just nodded. 

Her eyes grew watery as she closed them and started channeling her qi into it. In just a few seconds, the scroll lost its glamour and became a regular piece of paper. Normally, it would take a while to remove a person’s qi and replace it with your own. This time would depend on the quality of qi, or essentially, their cultivation level, between the two sides such that a strong person would easily remove the qi of a much weaker person. 

Of course, you could always remove your own qi by slowly reabsorbing it but Qian Yu found that it was just much quicker to use Lightning Spasm on the qi in the scroll.

Reaching his hand downwards toward the girl still on her knees, Qian Yu said, “To a happy collaboration!”

The girl wiped her tears as she reached forward and took his hand before standing up. Now on equal footing with him, she glanced at him before coughing and looking aside as she said, “Thank you master”.

Still she couldn’t hide her beautiful smile that she didn’t show previously. 

‘Then, here’s the toughest part,’ Qian Yu thought. 

“Well, the next thing is that… I cultivate a dual cultivation technique…” Qian Yu said.

48