Chapter 7 – Training Minions 1
2.4k 6 88
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 7 - Training Minions 1

After finishing my skill point allocation, I began to speed up my mana circulation by absorbing some energy nearby. There's very little energy in the wild, but killing some grass should get me something rather than nothing.

Mana can be used to cast spells, and to gain mana, you need mana circulation. The faster your mana circulation is, the more mana you have, and the faster mana recovers.

You can speed up your mana circulation by gathering energy. In my previous life; people would normally use flames or food, and absorb that energy, but it wasn’t very efficient. I’ve seen people dying due to malnutrition after absorbing too much energy from their food.

People are usually born with a mana circulatory system, but sometimes there are exceptions. There are multiple reasons as to why someone is born without a mana circulatory system, like birth defects, too much mana the system, and more; it's difficult to treat someone with a clogged a mana circulatory system, and most die after 3 years.

From what I have seen, it seems people aren’t born with mana circulatory systems on Earth; this means that I can’t teach them magic, unfortunately, but I can compensate it with a Kalashnikov rifle, or a P-270 Moskit cruise missile.

There may be rare cases, with people having hidden mana circulatory systems since, there are records of magic being utilised in history, but that's just historical records. I should start researching more on Earth’s magic later. For now, I should start planning.

My goal to rise to the top will start with buying some weapons, and become mercenaries. I doubt adventurers exist in this world since there are no monsters. Monsters usually randomly appear when there’s mana in the air, or they appear through reproduction.

Not a lot of people know about how monsters appear; only high-level mages know how monsters appear. Some nobles also know about it, but they choose to exploit mages anyways due to their high firepower. The aftermath of major battles that includes magicians usually has dragons swarming the area.

There are also monsters like goblins, which rely on other creatures to reproduce, and their reproduction rate is 50x that of a human, which usually kills the mother every time.

I shouldn’t use magic too much. When it comes to monsters like Wyverns, I’m not sure if humans can defeat it without cruise missiles. I want to exploit monsters, but I still have a conscience, and spawning monsters will definitely kill innocent people.

My brain is struggling between my desires and conscience. I should think about it later. For now, let’s just enjoy taking a nice stroll through the neighbourhood.

“Hey!”

I almost tripped after a random voice called out from behind. I’m having a feeling of Deja Vu here. I looked around and saw a blond hair, short looking boy coming up to me; it was Alfred.

“What are you doing here?”

“My house is right there.”

After questioning why Alfred was here, he points to a square shape looking house across the street. What a surprise, I never thought he would live so close to my house.

“So, what are you doing here?”

“I live down the street.”

“Oh, nice!”

Actually, with Alfred here, I can start developing him as my first m̶i̶n̶i̶o̶n̶ b̶l̶a̶c̶k̶m̶a̶i̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶p̶a̶n̶i̶o̶n̶ comrade in arms. I should try and peacefully ask for permission to be a mercenary and carry firearms in America when I get back on the computer.

Anyways, I’ll just tell Alfred to visit my house, to execute the plan I talked with him about in school. I can pretend that me and Alfred are just chatting in my room, instead of blackmailing the FBI. I’m quite smart, ufufufufufufu.

“Hey Alfred, do you want to come over to my house? We can take over the world from the shadows in my room.”

“Wow! Sure thing! Let me just ask my mom for permission first.”

I followed Alfred, as we crossed the streets and entered his square house.

---

“Oh, My Dearest Dear! Darling! Our little boy has brought a girl home already! My, isn’t he quite the playboy at such a young age! He rarely talks, but to think he would be so aggressive and bring a girl home already. ”

“No! That’s not it mom!”

Whilst I just awkwardly stood at the door, Alfred was flustered, trying to stop his mom. This is quite lively. Also, I almost forgot I’m a girl again. Anyways, I guess I’ll just stand here and wait for everything to calm down.

---

After calming his mom down, and asking for permission, Alfred is in my room. My mom also overreacted a lot when she saw Alfred, but I just ignored her.

My plan managed to work, and I have permission to hop on to the computer now. I only have an extra 30 minutes though. Friends are definitely useful. Maybe this is how all of those corrupt nobles felt? I should treat Alfred nicely with some hard cold cash when the FBI starts buying information so he won't feel the pain I felt when getting paid below minimum wage, committing crimes for nobles.

88