Chapter 6 – Step 1, Step 2, Step 10! Complete!
2.6k 13 98
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 6 - Step 1, Step 2, Step 10! Complete!

 

 

After returning home from a long day of school, I rushed into my room and locked the door. I also closed the blinds just in case. 

Following the system’s advice, I logged onto an infamous blue bird social media app. I set my name as ‘BrokerInformer’, Birthday as January 18th, 1901.

My target right now is the FBI; it shouldn’t be too hard. I just need to show that’s I’m an ally right after blackmailing them. Using the FBI for income should get me a large enough sum to buy pretty much anything. I should look into tax first though. 

Anyways. According to the system, I should just send the name of a major, publicly unknown, terrorist organisation. 

Normally, you can’t privately send a message to the FBI, but, thanks to the system, I managed to slip in. Let’s start right away!

(Hey! Do you want some information on the IAA group? - BrokerInformer)

Now, I just need to wait for a little bit.

(Who are you? - FBI)

Wow, that was quick. 

(An information broker, and a hacker. - BrokerInformer)

(What’s the IAA group, and what’s your purpose? - FBI)

Wait, did the system make a mistake? That can’t be true, right?

[No mistakes were made; tell him to contact his superiors]

Phew. I almost had a heart attack right there.

(Tell your superiors to get on. - BrokerInformer)

After waiting for a few more minutes, the FBI responds.

(You say you’re a hacker, so that means you’ve hacked out database. You know you can be arrested for that, right? - FBI)

(Arresting me will not benefit you. I have several people, and the moment you arrest me, they will know. They can spread classified information everywhere. - BrokerInformer)

Of course, such a thing doesn’t exist yet, and it’s all made up. Maybe I should start manipulating that Allen kid from next door to do my bidding when I get arrested.

(So, this is blackmail I presume? What do you want? - FBI)

(Nonono. This is not blackmailing; this is a show of credibility and insurance. I’m just an information broker. You pay me for information on anything you want, varying in prices. -BrokerInformer)

(How can we trust you not to leak anything? - FBI)

(How about a contract? I’m a person of my words, and also, you’re the first and only person I’ll deal information with; and as a gift in hopes of doing some more business with you, I'll give you a free trial with 1 piece of information. 1234, Nono avenue, apartment number 3. downtown New York. IAA. - BrokerInformer)

(I see. This is quite abrupt. We will be contacting you at a later date after confirming some things. Farewell for now. - FBI)

(Bye bye ;D! - BrokerInformer)

I just have to wait for some results now. It might take a few days. In the meantime, I should start researching more on the current education system of Australia, video games, legyo and emoticons. 

[Quest: Blackmail the government ]

[Quest: Completed]

[Reward: 3 Skill points, $50, exiting tutorial mode]

Tutorial mode?

“Lotte! Can you come down for a moment?”

“Okay!”

I guess I’ll ask the system what tutorial mode is later. For now, I should close all of my tabs to remove evidence.

---

“Lotte, come here for a moment.”

After arriving downstairs, I found my mom with a very serious look on her face whilst sat down at the dinner table. Dad was still at work, and it wasn’t time for dinner yet, so could this possibly be about the blackmailing?

I sat down on the chair opposite her, and after a short silence, she begins to sigh before speaking.

“I know you love to play online and search for weird things, but you’re spending too much time on your computer. From today onwards, you have you go outside for at least 2 hours before hopping online. Go and play with Allen from next door, or Amelia from across the streets, just do anything outside.”

“But…”

“No buts. You can’t convince me otherwise. Now, go outside and play.”

My plans are already falling apart! With the 2 hours outside rule, the bedtime at 7:00 pm rule, and dinner, I only have 1 hour of screen time on school days! What is this tyranny?!

With nothing to do outside, I guess I’ll just check on the system. 

“Hey, system. What’s tutorial mode?”

[A restricted version of the system for new users to get used to using. You can deactivate tutorial mode after finishing 2 quests.]

Oh, I see. Anyways, with 3 skill points to spend, what should I spend it on…

[System recommendation: Mana circulation.]

Yeah! That’s right! I should invest in mana circulation so that I can use Magic! Purchase and confirm! 

System is the best and smartest man, or woman, in the world!

[Transaction complete.

 New Skill: Mana circulation]

Alright, with this, I should be able to use magic with ease. I still haven’t used my otherworldly skill yet though; I should save it in case of an emergency. 

“System, status please!”

[Name: Charlotte Irlandi 

 Age: 5

 Gender: Female

 

 Skill points: 0

 Skills: Otherworldly powers(1), System(X), Accelerated learning(1), Mana circulation(1)]

98