Chapter 8.5 – Confusion Of The Agents
2.1k 4 82
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 8.5 - Confusion Of The Agents

POV - FBI Agent #1

I was a veteran agent for the FBI, serving for 20 years. I was tasked with many things, like dealing with terrorists, organised criminal groups, smugglers and so forth.

One night, whilst on break from work, an agent who was on duty for the FBI official social media account notified me of a hacker, with information in regards to the IAA. Information on the IAA should be restricted to only senior agents, and above. I immediately knew this was the real deal.

At first, I thought they wanted a ransom or something similar, but the hacker wanted to work with us as an information broker. Normally, I would’ve tried to find the hacker’s IP address, and arrest them, but, the hacker wasn't alone. I didn’t have enough authority to decide on things yet, so I just told the hacker to wait.

When we raided the apartment the hacker told us about, we found multiple bombs, drafts, and plans for an attack on a nearby train station. The hacker managed to help us.

After working with the NSA, and several high ranked officers who were in charge of dealing with the IAA group, it was decided that we would accept the deal, and play it passive for now.

With cooperation with the NSA, we managed to find out where the hacker lived. It was in Australia, but, it was suspicious how unprotected the hacker was. Luckily for us, Australia is an allied nation, so requesting permission was easy. With the joint cooperation of the ASIO, a meeting place was decided.

We also managed to break into the hacker’s webcam since the hacker has indeed committed a crime. I was expecting some 40-year-old man to be on the other side, but there were 3 kids instead.

The kids looked younger than my son. Everyone, including me, was confused. Using some quick thinking, we thought up a scenario where those kids were either the child of the hacker or victims of kidnapping.

I decided to start some negotiations with the webcam on, following the demand of permission for setting up a mercenary group, and some weapons. There were no adults seen anywhere. I thought it was scripted, so I started asking questions, but the little girl on the other side responded immediately. Could this child possibly be the hacker? It has to be impossible right? I’ve heard of a 10-year-old graduating university, so this might not be impossible.

I notified the agents, who would meet the hacker, to watch out for any adults with the kids, just in case.

---

POV - FBI Agent #2

I’m assigned as the leader of a group of agents, with the task of handling a transaction to obtain crucial information on the IAA, a publicly unknown terrorist group.

The broker was a very young girl according to what I’ve been told. I also had the side task of trying to find out whether the girl was truly the broker, or not. I guess it’s normal to have something weird happen in your career at least once.

When I was given a photo of what the broker looked like, I was surprised, to say the least. Was this a prank? April is still 2 months away. I guess this is real.

After meeting up with the dealer, who was accompanied by two innocent boys around her age, we entered a cafe and completed the transaction, with a contract signed. The girl ordered 3 cheesecakes, so I just ordered coffee along with all of the other agents, two of which, ordered a cheesecake as well. There was still a lot of time left, so I just began asking questions to confirm everything.

The girl blew my mind. She managed to skillfully deal with my questions, understand the topic, and create a mutually beneficial deal without being arrogant. This isn’t a girl... No, this isn't just a girl, this is a political monster hiding under the skin of a cute girl.

When we finished talking, I offered to carry the briefcases to her house, since they were too heavy for her to carry.

When I met with the girl’s mom, I just told her we were a part of the FBI, and the ASIO, buying information from her daughter. The mother looked like she could faint at any moment. I felt sorry for her.

After saying goodbye to the apologetic mom, we called a taxi home. What a day.

82