Chapter 13
514 4 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

~Lucies POV~

''Thank you.'' With the same demonic smile, Lucie took her prized and hugged it closely, ''Fluffy!'' before she put it in her storage ring.

''Got what you wanted?'' Aurora asked Lucie, as they slowly went further.

''Yes.'' With a nod Lucie expressed her satisfaction.

''But, the question is, why did you want that fox?'' Aurora was curious about why, Lucie wanted the plush toy.

''Because it looked fluffy. And I wasn't wrong about that.'' (Lucie)

''That's all?'' Aurora blinked her grey eyes a few times, in little confusion.

''Well of course it's not only that, there are other reasons, like it's cute, big, shaped like a fox, and white. Plus when you see something big and fluffy, don't you just want to hug it, and feel the fluff all over you~?'' Lucie was having a blast in her own mind, while on the side Aurora was looking at her as if she kind of expected that.

''So, where to, now?'' While ignoring Lucie that was next to her, Aurora asked Mara and Emma about their next destination.

''We can just walk around, and see if something interests us, and go from there.'' (Mara)

''Sure'' (Aurora)

Agreeing with Maras suggestion, they started to wonder around. It didn't take long for one of them to find something of interest. 

This time it was Mara, she found a game of whack-a-mole. As Mara was the only one interested in the game, or more precisely in the prize, the others just walked to the side, and let her have her fun.

The prize was won easily by Mara, as if her being a beastkin from feline linage wasn't enough, her ability gave a big plus to her in this game, and as it's a passive one the bracelet didn't detect it. Her bloodline plus her ability, combined, made her senses much more powerful than normal people, making the game of whack-a-mole for her, a walk in a park.

After Mara won her desired prize, they continued their wandering around the park. 

From time to time they stopped at some stalls, either for the prizes, or some snacks. Or in some of the Lucies cases to torment the stall owners that cheated. Lucie didn't go for every cheating stall owner, she just tormented those that had some prizes she wanted, and they tried to cheat her. 

Lucie wasn't some saint that brings justice, she just wanted her prize, and if someone stood between her and the prize, she didn't mind getting some entertainment out of them. 

''WHAAAAAA-*hick**hick*MOOOMIIIIIIEEEE-*hick**hick*...''

While they were walking around and looking for more entertainment, they heard a child crying. So they stopped and looked at the direction from where the noise was coming from. They saw a child with crying while holding a red balloon in his left hand.

He didn't look older than ten years old. And right now this child was balling his eyes out, while the others around him ignored him. 

Lucie and other seeing this decided to go see if they could help him somehow. 

''Oi, what's wrong?'' Aurora took a step forward and asked the kid what was troubling him.

''WHAAAAAAA- MOOOOMIIIIIEEE..'' Her approach wasn't successful in any way. 

''Aurora, I'm pretty sure that that starting your sentence with 'Oi' makes you sound like some criminal, making the child more scared of you.'' Lucie was holding her laughter back, while trying to explain to Aurora that she sounded like some gangster. But it wasn't easy as Mara was laughing full force right next to her. Mara was laughing so hard, that there were some tears in her gem like purple eyes, while her long purple hair got little disheveled. 

There started to appear some tears in Lucies black eyes, as it was getting harder and harder to hold her laughter back every passing second.

''What? I'm not that good whit children, should I give him some candy?'' Seeing Maras and Lucies reaction Aurora got little irritated. Aurora truly wasn't good with children except her sister, so she asked for others help, but she didn't get the answer what she expected.

''Sure, why don't you get a van too, black or white is recommended.'' Lucie answered Auroras question with serious face, but it didn't hold long, as her expression cracked, and she started laughing, while Mara started to sound like she was going to die.

Aurora froze for a moment when she heard Lucies answer to her question, because she didn't expect that kind of answer. It didn't take long for Aurora to get out of that state.

''You look like your in pain, let me help you~.'' Aurora wasn't happy, both Mara and Lucie saw that. But they couldn't stop laughing so they knew they couldn't out run Aurora. As Mara and Lucie had already accepted their fate, and where ready for a beating.

''You should probably stop wasting your energy, and use it to help me find this kids parents.'' They looked where Emma was standing with the boy, both holding hands.

'All hail the goddess Emma.' Both Mara and Lucie were happy, because Emma distracted Aurora, and thanks to that they survived another day.

''That could take a while, after all the amusement park is really big.'' Mara was now recovered, and express her concerns.

''Indeed. By the way how did you calm him down?" (Aurora)

''Children are similar like little animals, and I'm good with animals, so it wasn't too hard.'' Emma said with her usual smile.

''I disagree with that, but not now.'' Lucie said that while she was doing something on her phone, her black eyes fully focused on the screen.

''Done!'' And the next moment Lucie said that with a happy smile.

''What did you do?''(Aurora)

''I found where his parents are.'' Lucie proclaimed with a proud smile.

''That fast, how?'' On the other hand Aurora was confused.

''Well I asked for Alice to hack in the amusement park, security network so I can see what the cameras are recording. After doing that, both of us started to go trough all the live feed, and we found a couple that were asking around, if some has seen their child, they looked kind of stressed. Plus they share similar looks as this kid.'' Lucie explained how she and Alice did it.

''Kid are these your parents?'' But even if she was pretty sure they were his guardians, she still wanted to make sure. So she went to the kid that was now calmed down, and showed her phone screen to him, where he could see the two people.

The boy just nodded, but that was enough for Lucie as a confirmation that they were his guardians.

''Ok the let's go, and reunite him with his parents.'' Lucie started heading in the direction where his parents were, and the others catch up to her.

''So little one what is your name?'' While they were walking, Emma started to talk with the child she was holding hands with.

''Ken.'' The boy answered with somewhat quiet voice.

''Ken, huh~. It's a nice sounding name. May I ask, why you and your parents came to the amusement park?'' If Emma usually omits the big sister aura, now she truly looks like a big sister.

''We came to celebrate my birthday.'' Ken slowly relaxed and started to talk with Emma.

''Oh my~, then happy birthday, by the way, how old Ken is now?''(Emma)

''I'm now eight years old.'' Ken told Emma, while smiling from ear to ear, and his dark brown eyes were shining with excitement.

While looking at this exchange between, the little kid, and a blond beauty, the kid in Lucies eyes looked somewhat cute. But after looking at them for a short moment, Lucie turned back to her phone screen and continued to have her attention to the task at hand.

Lucie heard Emma and Ken talking with each other, while she led them to Kens parents. Ken slowly got more and more enthusiastic while talking with Emma.

''Big sis.''(Ken)

''Yes?''(Emma)

''Why are you wearing the work costume?''(Ken)

''Work costume?'' Emma was little confused, she knew what Ken was talking about, but she has newer heard someone call it a costume.

''Yes a work costume, dad usually wears it when he goas to work. Big sister are you working now, are you working at the amusement park?'' Emma could see Kens eyes getting brighter by the second, the kid was getting really excited.

''Hihihi~, indeed I'm working today, but no I'm not employee of the amusement park.''(Emma)

''Oh.'' The excited Ken looked little disappointed when he heard that Emma doesn't work at the amusement park.  

''But if your not working at the amusement park, what is your job?'' (Ken)

''Right now I'm working as a bodyguard.''(Emma)

''You protect people?'' (Ken)

''Indeed, I protect people that higher me.''(Emma)

For some time Ken and Emma continued to talk, the conversation with time shifted where they asked each other what is their favorite things, like color or food.

After a peaceful walk they arrived at the location where Kens parents were.

''MOM, DAD.'' The moment Ken saw his parents he shouted and ran to them.

''''KEN"" Both his Dad and Mom, seeing him looked relived, and they shared a hug.

''Where did you go? We were worried. Are you ok?  Are you hurt anywhere? You're not leaving my sight anymore.'' Lucie could see that Kens mother was really worried about him, because of her reaction. His dad on the other hand was calmer, but you could still see the worry in his eyes.

''Sorry mom, but I'm okay, those big sisters helped me.'' Ken pointed at them with his finger, and only then did his parents saw that someone else was here besides their son.


''Bye bye'' (Ken)

''Bey'' They said goodbye to Ken and his parents, and they went on their way.

It took some time for Lucie and others to assure Kens mom that they didn't need any kind of reward, she was really persistent but in the end they somehow managed to persuade her.

''Looks like it's almost time for our turn.'' Lucie looked at the time, and saw that it was almost time for their turn to accompany the Cakewalkers.

So they slowly started to make their way to them, their location was known by Lucie, because she still was using the security systems cameras. 

As they were almost there they heard a voice from the earpieces.

''Get ready to change, their at block-26, please inform when you're ready to switch.''

''We're ready to switch.'' Lucie looked back at her teammates to be sure their ready, and after confirming, she informed that they are ready.

''Good, then move in position.'' 

They were given command, so they started to take their position, they switched places with the team that was guarding them now, and now they were in position.

After they got in their needed position, they exchanged greetings with the Cakewalkers, and with that they started their shift.

''Let's go there next!''(Tom)

''Yes!''(Eliza)

Both twins were excited and they wanted to go and ride one of the roller coasters, and this one had pretty big drops. But that didn't stop the twins, so with two excited kids leading them, they went to the roller coaster, the line wasn't long so they didn't wait long. After all the amusement park was huge, so making so that there is plenty attractions, plus this roller coaster wasn't the biggest here. 

''Let's go, let's go!'' It was their turn and Tom wanted to get on as soon as possible, so they got on the roller coaster and got strapped in.

After all the carts were full, they started to move. It started slowly but the next moment it gained some speed.

''AAAAHHHH...'' And at every drop, people screamed. Lucie was seated next to Mara, and she could see that Mara wasn't enjoying this too much. Lucie could understand why, it was kind of irritating when the people screamed their lungs out every few moments next to her, but Mara had much better hearing than Lucie, making this ride a nightmare for the purple fur ball. 

*Shhhh*

The ride finally ended, and Lucie could see Maras relieved expression. But it didn't las long.

''Let's go there next.'' One of the kids exclaimed, while pointing to another roller coaster, and this one was bigger then the last one.

Maras relieved expression crumbled, and dread was showing on her face now. Her purple ears were flatten, and her tail was limp.

''Alice...'' While they were making their way to get in line, Lucie give Alice some instructions. After giving instructions, Lucie summoned one of her floating ball bots out of her storage ring. The moment she summoned the bot, it flew away. 


~??? POV~

In one part of the amusement park, there was stall, where some random stuff was sold. This stall was owned by a women in her forties, and as there wasn't any customers she was dozing off.

Her eyes opened and closed from time to time as she was dozing off.

''AH-'' The stall owner closed and opened her eyes another time, but this time there was something that was right in front of her.

She blinked few times, then rubbed her eyes, she thought she was seeing things, but that floating ball was still there. 

''Can I have one of those.'' As she was trying to understand what was going on, she heard a feminine voice from the floating ball, although it was monotone she still could tell it belonged to a female. 

At the same time, some kind of metallic tentacle limb came out of the floating balls body, and pointed in one direction. The owner turned her head and saw that it was pointing at one of her items. 

''Sure.'' Still kind of muddleheaded she turned her gaze back at the ball, and nodded.

The ball gave her a card, and she took the item and gave it to the ball. 

The card was grey with black rim, and the only thing that was on the card was some numbers. This card was another way to trade. The numbers on the card represented the amount of Arus it contained, it worked similar to cash, but the card could be scanned and all the Arus would be transferred to your bank account.

After the ball got its needed item, it flew away. The stall owner was still confused, and thought she might be dreaming, but the card in her hand was all the proof she needed to know it was all real.


~Lucies POV~

It was almost their turn to go on the roller coaster, and she could see Mara wasn't too happy about that, she still was wearing that dead expression, as if she was going to some kind of torture chamber.

Suddenly Lucie saw something flying their way, and of course it was her bot that flew away, and it had an item with it. The bot flew to Lucie, while other were looking at her, more specifically at her bot, but she didn't mind them. She took the item from it, and put it back in her storage ring.

Then she gave the item it brought to Mara. The moment Mara received it her expression became full of joy, and she hugged Lucie.

''THAN YOU!'' Maras hug was strong, although it didn't hurt, Lucie still was little uncomfortable, as her backbone was being crushed. Lucie knew that Mara was suffering from the screams, but she didn't know it was this bad.

Mara was happy because what Lucie got her, was a nose canceling headphones for beastkin, and these one were made for feline types.

It was now their turn to go on a roller coaster, so Mara let go of Lucie, and put her headphones on, with a happy smile. Her purple eye were now shining with excitement, as if the previous dreadful expression never existed. 

So they got on the roller coaster, and had some fun.

14