Chapter 44 : Scheming Mercenaries
1.5k 4 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Adine. Adine. Girls!" Brita walked quickly to the first floor. 

For nine months, our mercenaries group had been renting the entire upper floor of "Goodwill Inn", a small hotel in the outskirt of Treia city. The upper floor  had 5 rooms. 

Meanwhile Brita and Brita, the two boyish and outgoing girls had been running back and forth to Treia mercenaries guild as our representatives. They also drank and has maintained relationship with other mercenaries. They often complained how the men often tried to seduce them and even take advantage of them.

I really couldn't blame the guys. Who could stand such cute and hot girls.

Brita sat down on the bed while Mireille stood up. 

They explained that the highest ranked noble in the country, Duke Cheney had been hiring mercenaries. 

He even brought mercenaries in the recent war victory against Garland Empire's invasion in the north east. 

Come to think about it, Mireille who had been gathering information, told us that last month Treia repelled Garland Empire's invasion.

Brita explained that noble families in Treia had their own troop. Marquis Trump and Count Reyes had the biggest number of troop in the kingdom. Each of them could even outnumber king's knight legions.

But the highest ranked noble, Duke Cheney who was also the king's cousin had less than 50 troops despite having enormous wealth.

There were rumours that Cheney and Trump were eyeing throne from the currently bedridden king.

"Now the princess, Scarlet was de facto ruler of Treia." Brita explained.

The information bored me but I clearly woke up when she mentioned princess.

"Is the princess beautiful?" I asked. The girls looked annoyed. Oops.

"So, Adine. What's your plan? Don't talk about the princess." Mireille asked me.

"The princess ...." I couldn't finish my sentence as the girls glared furiously at me.

"Ehemm." Damn. I really want to see the princess.

"We need to join the Duke. The reason is to know more people." In my previous life, I always worked hard to establish relationships and connection. So, this came out immediately in my mind.

"But, we cannot show our full strength. So, Leliana and Brita followed me. Magicians are quite rare. So, we better avoid exposing ourselves." 

"Will there opportunities?" Marcella asked.

"Well, Treia was surrounded by hostile countries. Magrado despite signing treaty years ago, they always wanted to control trade in the large Teries river." Mireille explained.

"Does Treia river matter much?" Colette asked.

Mireille answered, "Despite just a river, Teries River actually was wide and long. It could thousands of large ships. Republic of Sutra, Magrado, Treia, Germion, and Goldonia were connected to the river. Once reaching ocean, we could even reach Re-estize, Baharuth and Olga."

After considering for a while, I added, "Melissa, Arissa and Yoguri should follow us as well. Yoguri had 4 skeleton ninja. Other three each only had one. You should focus on levelling up."

The three female necromancers nodded.

"Don't worry, we will also do normal jobs even after joining Duke. It's not going to be war anytime soon."

I sighed, "I really want to see the princess."

The girls plummeted me with pillows.

24