Chapter 77 : Circle Tower
584 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I swam across the lake and finally got on the island. I met two templars at the inn, who just came from the tower. They said there was a rebellion by mages on the upper floor. Something like the templars were abusing the mages.

I walked at the other side of the main entrance, trying to figure if there was any alternative door. 

I removed my armours before swimming and now I had been fully naked. My monstrous ghoulish body was bare for all to see.

Abruptly something dropped to the ground ahead and there was sound of something broken. I ran to the source of the sound and discovered a broken vase. The glass was scattered on the ground. But where did this case dropped from? Could be from above? I looked upward and say large hole, no, there was a window. 

Finally, e way to enter the tower other than through the main door. The main problem was the window was very high, possibly at the fifth floor. How to go to the window? Could I climb? But how?

After pondering for a while, I got an idea. I took out two short swords and stabbed on the castle's wall. 

I pierced into the wall and pulled them out.

Perhaps this could work. 

I jumped as high as possible and pierced both swords into the wall.

Now, I was hanging on the wall. The swords sticked into wall could withstand my weight.

I pulled out the left sword and stabbed into upper wall. I pulled the right sword into beside the left sword. I continued to climb up using the swords until I reached the window.

I entered into the window and quickly hid behind a large cupboard. This room looked like small library because there were many books. I kept my short sword into the dimension and took out armours. I donned the full bodied armour. 

I saw 3 women and 2 men were running in panic in the corridor out of the room. 

As I was about to call them, I felt a chill on my neck and drew my zweihander sword from the dimension. I hear a sharp shriek and then something bump into the wall.

It was a grotesque creature. It was black slime but it had fur like rat. It was bigger than bear.

The two man and a woman shot fireball to it repeatedly. It moaned in pain but still moving towards them. After several round of firing spells, the 3 arcane mages were panting and couldn't shoot anymore while that creature slowly move towards them.

It swallowed three of them into its body. The remaining 2 girls were shouting. One of the girl shot an ice cone towards it and another girl shot a single lighting. After just 4 rounds, they ceased attacking, probably because they were running out of magic point.

The weakened creature were still moving. The girls wailed.

I ran to the front of them. Then, I kept slashing the creature until it stopped moving. Finally, it ceased moving and its body vaporised.

As I was confident of our safety, I looked at the frightened girls.

"I am Adine. I am not with the templars." After I introduced myself, they became more relaxed.

"What happened?" I asked gently.

But the mage girl asked nervously, "Why the templars let you through? Are you trying to warn us? They have barred the doors to not let anyone escape."

"No. I am not with the templars and I infiltrated this tower from other entrance." 

"But why are you here?" A girl asked. She looked younger.

"I want to see what actually happens in circle tower."

They then stared at me and glanced at the dead creature.

"Follow us and we'll tell you." The taller girl then walked and followed by the other girl. I just followed them.

They walked up stairs.

"This is third floor. We tried to escape to the ground floor but the door to the second floor was blocked by the templars."

I asked again, "What actually happened?"

"Some templars entered the upper floors and killed the mages."

"Why templars do that?" Her explanation had many unanswered questions.

Another girl answered as her companion kept quiet.

"Some mages performed dark ritual and summoned demons and unknown creatures. These creatures killed us. But the templars deemed we did some unlawful and punished us."

Another girl yelled, "But we were patient. They sexually abuse many of us, they abused us to death. All done silently. What's wrong if we fight back !!"

So, that's the issue. The templars from churches abused them and the mages were forced to perform taboo.

We reached the fourth floor.

"The path is laid before us. We want to save others." The taller girl had   orange hair in braid, which reached slightly below her nape. If Reina's orange hair was strikingly tangerine, this girl's orange hair was dark sedona. I asked her name.

"I am Petra. How about you, sir?"

"Called me Adine."

"I am Keili." Another girl briefly introduced herself. 

Keili's hair was brown brunette , short, straight hair with a mid-part. Her stature is shorter than Petra.

"I don't come here to save any mage." Hearing my stance, they stopped. 

"What's in it for me if I risk my life here?" I nonchalantly said.

"Please ..."

Before Petra could say anything, I gave her cue using eye signal for her to keep quiet. I smelled blood. There was clattering sound ahead. I dashed to there. Along the corridor, there were fresh corpses, 10 belong to templars based on their armours, and 25 belong to mages.

Ahead of me there were 3 templars encircling 2 female mages.

I noticed there was a thin  black mist flew from a woman to a Templar. The Templar affected by the black mist out of sudden slashed other templars.

"Damn this dark mage. Another possession spell!" A man shouted while blocking the possessed man's attacks. Another woman took that chance to run to templars' corpses and touched them. I saw black mist flowed from the corpses  to her hand. After a while, she released the corpses and appeared to chant a spell. A thin black creature appeared out of thin air. "Wraith, kill the men!" She ordered the creature called wraith and it flew and swung it's claw like hand to a Templar. 

"Vivien and Gleam.." Keili muttered behind me.

So, that women, Vivien and Gleam were black magic users.

A new Templar came out from a room. Perturbation was all over the dark mages' faces as they still hadn't finish existing enemies.

I ran to the newly appeared man who was about to attack the mage, and swung my zweihander with my full strength onto his head. His head was smashed, shocking the other two who then lost focus and got cut my their opponents.

While the two templars were locking weapons with their opponents, I slashed them one by one with my full strength. The woman who used possession magic was panting and was forced to release her magic. The remaining Templar regained his consciousness and looked clueless. I slashed his neck. 

The two woman didn't look at me like their enemy, probably because I saved their life and there were 2 mages accompanying me.

The two girls helped the dark mages to stand up.

Petra introduced them to me, "She is Vivien." She pointed at a woman with mocha hair in short bangs, strands of her mocha hair fell over her scalp's front hairline covering her forehead, just above her eyebrows.

Vivien was the one who used the possession magic.

Keili introduced the another woman, "She is Gleam, a dark mage."

Gleam had a espresso coloured hair, was precisely cut long inverted bob with layers. Her long medium length hair reached her big breast.

The two women had more mature bodies compared to Petra and Keili, due to age difference.

"He is a good man." Keili assured them as the the dark mages were still oblivious.

I just walked further along the corridor, the girls followed me without words.

5