Chapter 78 : Circle of Magi
520 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

From the third floor until now, I had been storing books into my dimension. I practically cleared all the useful looking things in the rooms.  The girls were shocked and bombarded me with various questions at first but after a while they were just looking at my action curiously. I even stored the corpses into my dimension which made they raised their eyebrows but they remained silent as I was their knight in shining armour. 

When we exiting a room on the fifth floor, two girls flew past us. Yes, they were flying while being chased by 5 templars. Both parties stopped upon encountering us. The 4 girls ran to the 2 girls who were floating.

The templars were stunned, looking at me from bottom up. I definitely didn't look like a mage but I don different armour from templars. If I was an outsider, they must be wondering how did I enter this tightly guarded tower.

While they were clueless, I slashed the one near me. The other 4 hit me but I was protected by full bodied armour.

A creature that appeared like shadow clawed a man.

"Damn. A wraith. There is black magic summoner here!" Keili sent her summoned creature to help me.

Out of sudden, a Templar attacked his companion.

"Damn. That woman can use possession magic!" The attacked man wailed.

The floating girls flew to above us and dropped vases on their head. 

Being distracted, I slashed the two of them with my full power.

The other two whose hands were full with dealing with a wraith and possessed Templar, were slashed by me from their back.

Then, I finished off the possessed man.

The floating girls landed beside me.

"I am Gina." The jovial girl with turquoise coloured blunt cut hair, her hair being cut the same length all around.

Another flying mage girl was tomboyish but with well proportioned body. Her dark amber hair was short on the back and sides of the head and slightly longer on the top and very short bangs. 

"Amber." The tomboyish short haired girl muttered.

I just walked a to next room.

"Hei.. Are you ignoring us?" Gina yelled but was calmed down by Petra and Gleam.

The two girls' eyes went wide as they saw I was storing the books into my dimension.

"What the ..."

"What magic is this?" I ignored them, and rummaged the rooms like a bat out of hell.

I went to another room followed by the girls.

After clearing the fifth floor, we climbed to the sixth floor. It seemed there were more dormitories compared to lower floors. There were no libraries but there over 100 corpses, most of them belong to mages. I stored in my dimension.

"Why you...'" Gina yelled but her mouth was covered by Vivien and Gleam.

I noticed there were many dormitories but there was one door locked. My hunch was telling me to open it.

I crashed the wooden door with my zweihander. 

Once broken, shrill shriek of various female voices echoed from inside. I entered the dormitory.

There were women hugging each other. There were eleven of them sitting on the floor and they stared at me fearfully.

I approached the terror-stricken women but they moved their butt further behind, they fell back while trembling.

When the 6 girls showed up behind me with calm expression, they gradually relaxed.

The 6 girls were consoling the locked up women. From their attire, there must be fellow mages.

"Is there higher floor than sixth floor?" I probed calmly.

They looked at each other.

"There are only seventh and eighth floor, sir."

"I beg you not to go upstairs. There were only templars there."

"True. There are over 30 templars up there!"

I contemplated.

I already took in this many mages and stole entire things from 4 whole floors. I achieved more than I expected.

Fighting over 30 strong templars was suicidal. My top priority should be to evacuate the 17 female mages.

"Listen to me. I will bring you to my place, far away from here. But once you follow me, you are my mine. If you don't like that, you can stay here with the templars."

Once I declared that, the room became clamorous for several minutes. I gave them some time to make up their mind.

Finally, they stood up and nod.

"We will follow you. We give our life to you, sir."

We then hastened to fifth, fourth, and finally third floor. We entered the library like room with the window.

I observed outer environment, the ground below, the lake, and the ground beyond the lake. There was no single person there. I expounded to them on how to get down safely.

I exited first. I kept my zweihander into dimension and withdrew the two short swords. I climbed down using the same method, stabbing and pulling out the swords until I landed in the ground.

The girls jumped down one by one. I waited on the ground below and caught them until all girls reached the ground. Gina and Amber easily floated down and then flew across the lake. 

Then, I reaffirmed, "You women. Do you swear that after this, no matter what happen you will follow me?"

They nod simultaneously with conviction.

Subsequently, I removed my armours and stored them into dimension.

Their eyes went wide, and looked extremely terrified.

"If you want to survive , follow me."

I swam across the lake to the other side.

The women didn't waste much time and swam together. 

After reaching the ground, I put back my armours. I walked away from the village via the forest, and surprisingly the female mages followed me obediently. 

6