Chapter 84 : Potential
544 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On the way back to the mansion, Wendy rubbed her sore shoulders. From third view, she appeared to be walking alone, but actually she had been accompanied by 14 skeleton ninja. This had been her daily routine during the the day for the past month.

Her chest was just too big, it’s causing nothing but trouble. Especially when she had to stay on the boat. She had to raise her hands when she summoned the wind, but when she did, she also had to bend backward, if not she woild lose her balance on such unstable ground.

And after nearly a month of training, she was becoming more familiar in controling the wind. Her wind strength which was determined by magic power remained the same but she now used her magic for experiment and practical usage. 

There were 2 form of transportation in this world, which was water and land transportation. On water, people travel by boat or ship. These mode of transportation moved by rowing or sailing. Sailing required blowing wind. In other words, sailing boat required the right weather, that was hard to get. 

As Wendy was an arcane sorceress who specialised in wind based spell, she was now training to use her wind to sail a small boat. 

Her wind spell couldn't cut anything, thus was useless in battle. Therefore, Adine, her master thought she should just learn to use her wind spell in practical application.

Red town was the only place in Athena that was connected to a stream. The stream had a width of 10 meter, which was large but the it was too shallow. It's depth was less than 1 meter. The stream lasted 500 kilometres until the border between Athen and Arkland. There, the depth became deeper to 2 meters. It went through  Germion before reached large Teries River. 

As they were in a landlocked area, natural wind rarely blew at Athen. There was more wind at Germion and Arkland which was closer to Teries River.

Now, regardless if the boat was stable or not, she could always control the degree of the wind, letting it blow fast or slow. She had also learned to use the already existing wind to adjust her own magic consumption, so that in the end she would be able to summon her wind for a longer period of time.

She then arrived at a garden, or to be more precise, orchard. There were carrots being cultivated there. The interesting part was the carrots were cultivated on freshly manured soil not suited for carrots plantation. Furthermore, Athena was not sunny land. Normally, carrots couldn't grow under this conditions but after less than a month of cultivation, the carrots were already big, and had darkest, greenest tops. 

A month ago, they acquired 50 young orange trees. Now, the trees already grew to nearly 2 meters height although there was no fruit yet.

She walked into the orchard. There was a mint haired girl standing calmly while closing her eyes. She then fell to her knees and breathe heavily. 

"Leaf!" Wendy called and ran to hold Leaf.

"Sister Wendy. I did it today."

She was all smiled and Wendy hugged her.

She had been trying to gradually force the orange trees to grow. 

"I think they grew a bit more today. But I still don't have a clue how to get into fruition." Leaf said happily.

Wendy shook her head and spoke fondly, "No, you progress much better than me."

Then, they just sat on the grass enjoying the green scenery.

***

The girl, Moon was very nervous when she walked into the library, Petra even had to come in to comfort her for a while. Petra later whispered to me the specific reason why she was so nervous, into my ear.

Even so her ability was still a mystery, yet it was known as the worst ability within the Circle of Magi. She could only cast a spell that produce a little shock. That shock was barely felt by the another's hand.  Coupled with often being blamed by the templars, she had become very timid, and now she feared that if I also thought that she was useless, she would be chased away from the mansion. 

But for me, this taciturn girl was simply a priceless gift. Unlike others, I could see her real Status. 

Based on my reading on her Status, Moon was actually an Arcane sorceress who cast a very low level of lighting based spell, known as "Shock". The much higher version of Shock was Lightning and even higher version was Storm. In other words, she was just a arcane magic caster whose level was not high enough and  unluckily given a confusing spell by the nature. These would be easy for someone like me to modify and develop.

I smiled although the girls wouldn't be able to know whether I smile or not from my rotten and disfigured face. 

I wrote the kind is spells that she could unlock on a piece of paper. 

In my previous life, technology was driven by energy called electricity, but Moon had the ability that could go towards that.

"Mmm.." The low esteemed Moon wanted to say something. She looked worried.

"Don't worry, Moon. You would be my important sorceress and I won't chase away my women."

She and Petra were speechless upon hearing my declaration.

5