Chapter Fifteen: An Escape?
1.1k 12 61
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I’m so close to the exit I can taste it.

 

And man, freedom tastes pretty flipping good.

 

With my recent victory over that movie director guy, I’ve moved onto the final zone: The Sunlight Zone.

 

As the name suggests, this is the zone that received the most sunlight and is also the one closest to the surface. As such, it should contain the creatures people on land are most familiar with. At least, that’s how it was in my past life. 

 

I’m so excited to explore what dwells in the oceans of  Amava.

 

Come to think of it, it also should be the zone I fell into the dungeon from in the first place… while exploring…

 

All because of that stupid goldfish. Grrrr. If he’s still alive, and I get my hands… err my foot on him, i’ll turn him into a copper fish.

 

Phew. Let’s calm down. No need to get ahead of myself. I don’t even know if he has kicked the bucket. Regardless, he’s nowhere near my main priority right now.

 

Without further ado, let’s get to the first floor.

 

Hmm. Pretty standard at this point. Just a cavey room.

 

But I can’t help but think there’s something missing. I just can’t put my foot on it. Hmm.

 

This is really going to bother me…

 

Oh wait! I got it! There’s absolutely nothing here…

 

Nobody here to attack me, force me to gambling, solve problems, and relive my cringiest experiences.

 

This feels kind of… nice?

 

But at the same time, a bit unsettling?

 

My entire existence, past and present life, have been nothing but chaos, so it’s a bit weird to be this peaceful.

 

I don’t trust it, this dungeon is a SSS-Rank troll, I must stay vigilant.

 

Let’s continue to the second floor, I guess? Maybe it’s trying to make me lower my guard?

 

Hmm. 

 

Eh?! It’s the same?

 

How about level three then?

 

Empty too….

 

Well if they want to give a free walkthrough, who am I to complain?

 

Fifth floor…still no.

 

Eighth…nope.

 

Eleventh… yup… nothing.

 

Seventeenth…okay, I’m starting to get a bit scared here.

 

And…here… we…go.

 

For the fifth time, I find myself in front of the magically sealed door leading to level twenty.

 

I infuse the mana into the door.

 

Hearing the usual clanking, I squirmed forward into the opening.

 

Awaiting me in the final level of the Tiamatian Dungeon was….nothing. 

 

Ha, just kidding! There’s definitely something here.

 

More specifically, someone. Someones? Is that a word?

 

Whatever. Standing in front of me were four humanoids unmoving like statues.

 

Behind them was a veil of shadows, which I couldn’t see through, even with the help of the night vision skill.

 

There was a dazzling lady. Raven black hair, but with an iridescent sheen. A cute nose and plump lips. Her eyes shined with a colorful luster. She wore light knight armor, but it was obvious her body was like a beautiful sculpture. Did I mention she had two heads? No? Well, she had two flipping heads. Each head had its own neck then which met at her collarbone. It looked weird, but strangely right?

 

Standing to the right of her was another drop dead gorgeous lady….

 

Is this world really following that troupe? The one where everyone is super attractive? I know my sample size is abysmally small, but everyone I’ve seen could have easily been supermodels back on that other chunk of dirt. Well, I’d be an idiot to complain about people being good looking, it's better that my eyes rotting.

 

Anyways this lady had a head full of messy brown hair. A stunning figure and a beautiful face. Her eyes glowed a bright orange, gravitating your attention upon them. She wore a short skirted maid outfit, one that would make any person of culture howl in delight. However, her most outstanding feature was the three lures upon her head. Much like her eyes, they burned like miniature suns and seemed to pull you towards them.

 

Moving on, there was an extremely handsome man. I have no attraction towards men at all but this guy was undeniably attractive. Burnt orange hair, sky blue eyes, sharp face features, a strong jawline. About two meters tall from what I could tell. He wore a chef’s uniform, complete with the toque on his head. The hat itself was held up by a crown of horns. What was really distinguishing about him was his arms. Yeah, he had two extra sets. The upper set was weird on its own…the hands were a lot bigger and kind of claw like.

 

Finally, we had an old guy. Like the rest, he was good-looking. He had healthy silver hair and a silver beard, which showed both age and somehow youthfulness. His eyes were black as a void. He was fitted in some sharp butler attire, complete with a monocle. A fudging monocle! Anyways, he gave off the aura that he was the best butler ever. Like he’d give some certain Alfredo noodles a run for their money.

 

Ah wait,I’m totally forgetting something…

 

That’s right, I should probably appraise them.

 

Let’s try the old butler first…

 

BING!

Appraisal unsuccessful. 

REASON: BLOCKED

 

Huh?! Blocked? That's not good. Not good at all.

 

Let’s try the chef?

 

BING!

Appraisal unsuccessful. 

REASON: BLOCKED

 

Ruh-roh. 

 

Welp. I’m screwed….wait. Why do I feel like I’ve met all of these people before?

 

Hmmm..hmmm. Oh, I got it.

 

They all bear similarities to the bosses I faced.

 

The knight…is the two headed super eel.

 

The maid is the gambling addict anglerfish.

 

The chef is the lazy king crab.

 

The butler has to be the dramatic angelfish.

 

What were their names?

 

Hmm. I think the eel was Knockoff…the angler was Abomination.

 

The crab was Sneeze and the angel was Mitochondria?

 

“NO, YOU IDIOT! THAT’S ALL WRONG!” they shouted in unison, breaking the stoic facade.

 

Whoops…I thought you all were some super weird mannequins or something.

 

“Haah. Would it kill you to remember names? You shouldn’t have many to remember anyways.” the chef chided.

 

Sure, sure. Hmm…I guess that’s kind of true. Whatever…I’ll try to put forth more effort…I guess.

 

“Humph.” the butler grunted and stepped forward. “As much as it dismays me, it would be a dishonor to our master if we were disgraceful towards a guest…even if that guest is a lowly slug.”

 

Master…I don’t like the sound of that…

 

The knight stepped towards me and then knelt.

 

“I’m Kna’Ve, the personal knight to Her Highness. Pleasure to meet ya.” she winked. 

 

Hmm. She seems pretty nice. I wonder who this highness person is. Wait a minute.

 

Nice to meet you too…again? Didn’t I meet you when I fought you? And weren’t you a guy?

 

“Ah. Ya see, you dealt with what we call avatars. I’m not really pertinent on the details, but those weren’t really us. We honestly don’t get information on who they encounter.” she explained.

 

Ah. That would explain the surprise and disdain for me being a slug that made it through the dungeon.

 

As I was thinking that, the knight retreated into her former position. Refocusing my attention, I saw the maid curtsied in her place.

 

“I am Anassa, Her Highness’s head maid. I’ll have you know gambling is strictly a hobby of mine. It’s completely normal to blow a year's worth of pay at the casino, right? Right?!” the maid rambled.

 

Her Highness again…who’s these people’s master?

 

Uh, yeah sure Anassa-san.

 

“Haah…do I have to?” sighed the chef.

 

“Yes, unless you’d like to lose your vacation days for the year.” threatened the butler.

 

Unlike the two before him, he made no attempt to approach me.

 

“Fine, fine. No need to do anything drastic. Haah. Listen here twerp, the name’s Sarkin. Head chef of Her Highness.” he snarked.

 

Seeing it was his turn, the old man strode forward. When he got closer, he stopped, held his head back and pushed up his monocle. The aura of arrogance he was exuding was tangible.

 

“Hmph…to think…a lowly slug. I am Meister. Personal Butler of Her Highness.”

 

Now that I think about it… why are they even taking the time to introduce themselves?

 

Seeing as they can block my appraisal, I don’t think it’s a reach to assume they can kill me instantly.

 

“Ah, that would be because of me.” A seductive and powerful voice boomed from the darkness behind the four beings.

 

The shadows parted, giving me the clear view of the head of a…

 

D-DRAGON!?

Oh no! A cliffhanger! Sorry this took so long to get out, but the next chapter should be out tomorrow or the day after that. Till then, toodles! Enjoy your day!

61