Not a chapter but fun facts #5
2.5k 3 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 86.5: Not a chapter but fun facts 5



Here we are again for NacB #5

I loved writing his arc. While it’s not my favorite by far ( It will Always be Water Seven / Enies Lobby), I took real pleasure making it.
Proof of that is, the length of the chapters. The ones going beyond the 2K words mark went really beyond, with some reaching 7k+ and 8k+.

I have to admit though, the chapter on fishman island with Rick absent was boring to do. The next two with him back were a thrill! I couldn’t stop writing..

In the first chapter, I tried my best to find songs that fitted each character as best as possible with different genres. The one that made me laugh the most is Nami’s! It’s serious heavy metal and with the guy is whispering out of fright at the beginning… I just thought it was perfect for her, all the while heavy metal not suiting her.

Sanji’s was hilarious too.

The only one I’m still unsure about is Chopper's. Oh well…

What I like the most in his arc is the introduction of little Lynda ( which we may or may not see again before the epilogue), The development of Rick’s character ( a bit) but most of all, Robin’s.
I love writing about their relationship.
This arc is also the first one with sex in it. I mean… there was sex before, but never shown.

Now it’s time for the fun facts:

 

  • Since Hancock was NOT supposed to be in the Harem, little Lynda was not supposed to exist. (On the other hand Eri was always planned. By me, not by Rick.)

  • Since Hancock is now part of the harem, I debated if I should have given her a child or not. In the end I did.

  • Robin was supposed to be the one to get pregnant, but it would have created a parallel between my fan fiction and Imbreak’s Ultimate Fruit so I scrapped the idea and since Hancock was there and wasn’t going to have a lot of screen time, I thought ”why not?”

 

  • Rick’s reunion was not supposed to go like that at all. He was supposed to take Shirahoshi away and bring her to Sunny when Jimbei, Luffy and the rest of the crew would meet her while Rick was inside taking a nap. As the fight between Jimbei and Luffy stopped. Rick was supposed to burp loudly. Everyone would have turned towards the origin of the noise and stunned into silence at seeing him. He would have said something along the lines of. “ Sorry, soda always makes me burp. What’s up?” and got a severe beating from Robin and Nami. Revealing Rick and Robin relationship.

 

  • Franky and Brook were not supposed to know about R&R but I decided otherwise, and I thought it turned out great.

 

  • Rick wasn’t supposed to get his Perfect Body until AFTER leaving fishman island. ( Like immediately after)

 

  • I aged Shirahoshi a couple of years. Or rather I made it so she was born two years earlier making her 18 and eligible for being a member of the harem. No underage sex in this story and no Lolis. I hope I don’t need to wave my hand again.

 

That’s it for the fun facts. Now here are the chapters titles:

 

  1. Chapter 80: Quote from Carlton Pennington 
  2. Chapter 81: From the “Little Prince” by Saint-Exupéry
  3. Chapter 82: Opening n°15.
  4. Chapter 83: Track 11 of Daft Punk’s album Discovery.
  5. Chapter 84: Mortal Kombaaaaaat!
  6. Chapter 85: Track 9 of Daft Punk’s album Discovery.
  7. Chapter 86: Track 14 of Daft Punk’s album Discovery.


That’s it! See you around in NaCB #6.

44