Chapter 9: Du Hong
187 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Elysium University Students were walking down a street with Mr. Du towards a private train station that was owned by Elysium University. Getting onto a maglev train that had recently arrived, they quietly sped to their university. Sun Ning decided to start a conversation because she couldn’t stand the silence. “Xinyue, how did you even find out about that restaurant near the red-light district?”

Wan Xinyue looked embarrassed. “Well uh, I wanted to try some alcohol so I decided to go to the red-light district.”

The other three looked slightly shocked while Mr. Du was amused.

Sun Ning asked another question, “Why didn’t you just buy some alcohol from one of the establishments owned by our university?”

Gao Long answered for Xinyue, “Alcohol sold by the university is pretty expensive compared to the ones sold in the red-light district.”

Xinyue continued her story, “The Abyss Bar & Restaurant was the first thing I saw near the outskirts of the red-light district so I thought that they would have some alcohol since it was a bar. The masked waiter said that they didn’t have any yet so I was about to leave, but then I saw that Mr. Du was eating some delicious smelling food and couldn’t resist ordering something.”

“Fwoosh.”

The train doors opened and revealed Elysium University.

Wan Xinyue, Sun Ning, Gao Wu, and Gao long were walking to their dorm rooms, but then they heard a voice call them.

“Wait.”

They turned around and saw that Mr. Du had followed them.

Surprised Wan Xinyue responded, “Mr. Du are you also going to the dorms?”

He shook his head, “No I’m here for you.” 

Suddenly everyone looked slightly afraid and disgusted. Wan Xinyue was horrified, “Mr. Du, you’re a pervert?”

Mr. Du suddenly realized how weird his statement was. “Oh no no, that’s not what I meant. What I mean is that I want to teach all of you. I’m a special professor of Elysium that can choose to privately teach people.”

Gao Wu whispered to Gao Long, “Do you know any special professors surnamed Du?” 

Gao Long searched his memory and suddenly screamed, “Are you Du Hong!” 

“Huh!”

Everyone was shocked. Du Hong was a famous general that had fought in several galactic wars. Every war that he fought in resulted in a victory for the Azula Galactic Empire. The recent expansion of the Azula Galactic Empire was largely due to Du Hong. However, Du Hong retired as a general 50 years ago and became a special professor of the Elysium University. He privately taught some students from time to time if he saw some potential in them.
Du Hong nodded, “I recently started to teach several other students because some of my friends’ families reached out to me, but I experienced a problem. Although they’re talented, all of the students are too arrogant. I’ve read your profiles and decided that you fit the criteria to counterbalance their arrogance. All of you are great students that come from humble beginnings and worked hard to claw your way up to become an Elysium University student. So if you agree to become my disciples, I will provide you with the best resources I have and shape you into powerful cultivators.” 

Everyone nodded their heads.

Du Hong smiled, “Good, go and pack up your belongings. I’ll wait for you and show you your new dorms.”

As they were packing up, all of them were shocked that they would be personally taught by the famous general, Du Hong. This was a one in a billion chance for them that could make them successful in life. 

--------------

Fu Chen was humming in his kitchen while preparing the food for lunch service. He turned around to see Fu Lian with her mask off. 

“What did you think of your job?”

[It seems to be pretty easy, but I’m a bit afraid of interacting with the guests.]

“Don’t worry, you’ll be used to it after working for a few days.”

[Can you give a name for the masked waiter?]

“Uh, you can call him Abyss 2. The masked host will be called Abyss 1. Lunch service will start in around an hour so you can have some free time.”

Fu Lian nodded. She pulled up a chair and stared at Fu Chen cooking. Her tail could be seen wagging from time to time as she enjoyed the smells wafting towards her.

--------------

Abyss 1 and Abyss 2 appeared out of the walls and were stiff like mannequins. Fu Lian shuddered a little bit, but was slowly getting used to how lifeless they were. Abyss 1 shook and quickly activated. The entrance doors opened and he greeted the guests. “Welcome returning patrons, let me show you to your table.”

Su Zheng, Zhou Ru, and Su Zhenya followed Abyss 1 to the table closest to the kitchen entrance. Abyss 2 approached their table with Fu Lian following him. Abyss 2 was carrying a pitcher of water and three glasses made out of energy crystals. He placed the glass cups down, “Would you like some ice water?” Fu Chen had realised that he had no refreshments on the menu and decided that his guests at least deserved some high quality water unlike some cheap establishments that didn’t provide water. The water was also a good palate cleanser that would allow the guests to fully enjoy all of their dishes. 

The three guests nodded and Abyss 2 poured the very pure ice water into the clear cups. Su Zheng started talking after the water was distributed. “We would like to order two bowls of spicy beef curry and four bowls of seafood noodle soup.” 

“Right away dear guests.” 

Abyss 2 entered the kitchen with Fu Lian. Zhou Ru asked a question once the two employees left the dining room. “Did you notice that masked wolf girl? 

Su Zheng replied, “Yeah she’s even shorter than you which is a surprise.” 

Zhou Ru pouted and Su Zhenya spoke about her observations. “Her height, body shape, and fur color matches the descriptions on one of the missing person reports. I’m curious about how the restaurant will deal with the people looking for her if that actually is the same wolf girl.” 

Abyss 2 and Fu Lian had returned with the food. The three customers started to rapidly devour their delicious meals. They drank the ice water to cleanse their palates and thought that the water was very refreshing and had their cups refilled after they finished eating. Zhou Ru, Su Zheng, and Su Zhenya were the only three customers of the restaurant during lunch time because most of the frequent visitors of the red-light district already had restaurants that they liked to eat at. 

“We hope you enjoyed your food and visit us again.” 

Fu Chen, Fu Lian, and Abyss 1 and 2 bowed as the three customers exited their restaurant. 

6