Core Beginnings 2
1.8k 1 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

' Huh? What are these words before me? Core, Shop...'

Kyle was surprised at the sudden apperance of the strange text in front of him. He red it in less than ten seconds as it was not that long , but it was useless as he didn't know what it was about.

'Is this some kind of game stats? Why is it appearing when....I have my eyes closed!?'

He tried to open his eyes to still experience the same nauseating feeling. His eyes couldn't focus as before , but now he knew the reason. His eyes were no more and he was sure of it as he could now see in a 360 degree range all around himself. Also he couldn't feel any of his limbs.

' If this death,  why is this text still in my vision? Why is this happening to me...

He looked around and saw that he was inside a dimly lit place constructed from dirt, maybe and underground tunnel? Also he noticed that  the light seemed to be coming out of his body, but he still focused on the text in front of him.

[ CORE NR. 4362

LV 1 (85/100)

CP: 85/100

Shop

Storage ]

'Shop.'

As soon as he said that the text disappeared and it was replaced by a different day.

[ Weapon's & Armor

Magic

Dungeon

Miscellaneous ]

'Magic.' He spoke once again and something new appeared . It was something that he would never have dreamed of.

[ Fire Magic

Light Magic

Dark Magic

....

Water Magic ]

The list continued on and on as  his reality was broken over and over again. In front of his eyes was a list of magic categories.

'Have I... really been reincarnated? Is this a different world? Yeah right... but just maybe?'

'Fire Magic'  He spoke internally with newfound excitement at the prospect of being able to weeld magic. As he expected  the text changed again as two new options appeared.

[ Skills

Scrolls ]

'Hmm... 

After he select the Fire Magic category two new options apeared.

'It seems that this is really something like a game. When I chose Fire Magic there appeared a choice between Scroll and Skill , but is it really like I think. Maybe it is completely different?'

Kyle had completely forgotten about his predicament and was totally engrossed in this new toy he had found. 

' I'll choose Skills at first.

Skills'

[ Spark

Fireball

Fire Whip

Fire Lance

Fire Bomb

Fire Arrow

Fire Tornado

......

Hellfire

Blaze ]

'Holllyyy shiiiiit , these are really magic skills. Does that mean I'm going to be a magician now? Fuck yeah, let's go!'

Kyle saw the expanse of skills he could by and was going almost crazy at the prospect of welding all the elements. 

' Let's chose a skill , but what should I chose. Should I chose Hellfire the flames of hell , that sounds pretty good...

Fuck it, let's chose it.

  Hellfire'

[ Would you like to buy 'Hellfire'?

Yes No ]

'Yes yes yes yeeeasss.....

He practically shouted as he choose Yes , but all the dream of using Hellfire were extinguished.

[You don't have enough CP to buy Hellfire. 

Hellfire (85/50000)]

The words that apeared this time disappointed him. He saw the words that told him that he was nowhere near to be able to buy it.

' I guess I should have guessed as much. How can I get a skill such as this so easily as I arrived?  But this is not useless...

If I remember correctly at the beginning I saw that I had 85/100 CP shown. So does that mean that CP is my currency? A currency with limit ? ' He seemed to somewhat how to use the interface , but he didn't know what CP was.

' How about I chose another Skill? Maybe I'll choose something that is cheeper. ' He then proceeded to try learning a couple of other skills and failed until he arrived at the first one.

[ Would you like to buy 'Spark'?

Yes No]

'Yes'

[Learn 'Spark' (85/20)

Yes No]

'Finally, a skill I can buy! ' He selected yes with a little bit of hesitation as he didn't know what would happen , but his curiosity won in the end. As he did that he felt like something left his body and new information sprung up on his mind . 

......

In the same dark room as before where the multicolored crystal ball there was a small flame, like the flame of a candle floating one meter above it. It was completely out of the laws of physics for a flame to be able to burn like that with nothing to fuel it.

' So this is magic huh? It's a little underwhelming to say the least, but I guess that this is just a weak spell.  I wish I knew what would....mmm...

What is this feeling? '

As he was enjoying playing with the fire he had a bad feeling. It was unlike anything he had experienced before , like a premonition that something was coming.

'Whoa, what's this?'

Suddenly a map apeared in front of his eyes. In the center of it there was a small blue dot and that blue dot was in the center of a grey circle. Beside the blue dot there were six other dots of the map, three red ones close to each other and three green ones scattered.

' Is this a map of the place I'm in? If that is so then tht means that the one blue dot in the center represents me , but what about the other dots.In game green means that it's a friendly and red means that it is a enemy.'  He looked at his map again and saw that one of the green dots had disappeared and the three red dots were moving closer and closer towards him.

'Fuck!'

35