Encounter
1.6k 1 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Fuck! I need to do something.'

Kyle wrecked his brain to try to think of something to do , but as he did so ,  the enemies came ever so closer.

.....

*POV change*

Inside a dark tunnel there clocked people were moving slowly under the light of a torch one of them held in his hand.

"Hey, did you see any goblins around here?" The one in the middle , a young man about 18 years old spoke lightly , but because of the tunnel his voice was clearly heard. He was holding a mace and was leading the way while two others were closely following behind , one on each side.

"No, I haven't seen any. Maybe this dungeon doesn't have any other monsters beside giant slugs?" This time the one who spoke was the one to the left who was holding the torch. He was a short man thot looked to be in his early thirties with curly hair and bushy  beard. He had a big nose and serious eyes. 

"That is quite likely. I didn't find any goblin footsteps at the entrance and I can't smell any goblin excrement, but it's still better to stay alert." The one who spoke was the last of the three of them. She was a young woman , maybe no more than 20 years old , but if you looked closely you could she she was not human. She had slim body ,  eyes with vertical pupils and fluffy animal ears instead of human ones.

"Hey, hey, why so upright? Even if there are goblins we have nothing to fear as long I'm here. I'll crush all the goblin skulls and advance to the next rank in a flash." The young man spoke with confidence while he patted his chest. He seemed to be confident in his skills.

"Is that so?" The woman spoke as if she didn't seem to believe the young man's word.

"What, you don't believe me? Just get me a couple of goblins and I'll bash all their skulls...

"Shhhh.... 

The woman cut the young man's boasting shot as she shushed him.

"What is it?" Spoke the man holding the torch while also motioning the young man to stop advancing. The woman on the other hand got down  and put her ear close to the ground for a couple of seconds before she got up, her eyebrows scrunched.

"There is something coming this way. They are not goblins or any other variation of them as there are no footsteps. I'm not sure, but I guess this is also going to be a giant slug."

"Alright, I understand. Rookie did you get that?" The man holding the torch spoke to the young man who slowly nodded his head.

" The plan of action is the same as always. I'm going to cast 'Acid Resist' on the rookie so he can get a good hit in and finish the opponent while I and you stay behind. If anything happens you shall imediately go to his assistance , but if neither of you can handle it , we will imediately retreat."

"Really, we are going to retreat if we face a little difficulty? I thought we were adventures and not cowards." The young man said with a angered look on his face. 

The man holding the torch gave a snort at the young man's word's as it they were a bad joke.

"Look here rookie. I don't know what tales you have heard about adventuring, but let me tell you something. This job , ' Adventuring' is only named that way by the common folk who haven't ever stepped foot inside a dungeon, and that is a blessing in disguise.For us, who really make a living out of it, we call ourselves 'Dungeon Diver's' not because it sounds cool or anything like that....

The man didn't finish his words and looked at the young man in the eyes frightening the later. Those eyes seemed so deep, dark and hollow that the young worries thought that he may have fallen into an illusion.

"We are called 'Dungeon Diver's' because with each step we make, with each level we descend , we dive closer to hell.

So, do you get it?"

The young man didn't speak as he felt his tongue had formed into a knot and just nodded his head.

"Good, now let me get you prepared. " The man stared to speak some gibberish tonguetwister for three seconds before he extended his hand around the young man.

" Acid Resist "

The woman's ears twitched a couple of times and she directed her sight forward, inside the darkness where the torch couldn't illuminate 

"It's here , get ready!"

The two others also prepared and with the young man in front they stod their ground and waited for their enemy to come to them. 

"Huah~

The young man released a breath he didn't know he had been holding and started take quick and short breaths , until it happened. A greenish short tentacles came into the trio's field of vision and soon after the body also came. It was a one meter tall snail with a protective shell made out of stone.

"Shit, it's a stone snail." The man holding the torch cussed breaking the concentration of the young man in the front.

"Wha...

"Idiot , why aren't you attacking it. " Spoke the woman in irritation.

"RIGHT!"

The young man imediately rushed forward to meet his enemy. He raised his mace over his head as he crossed the 5 meter distance between the two of them and was ready to strike when a something came straight towards his face.

*Hisss~

It was something that the snail had spat at him , but instead of landing on his face as it intended it was blocked by a green membrane  and it fell to the ground.

"HAAAA....

The young man was surprised by the attack but didn't stop as his mace hit the stone shell of the snail , and broke it, but not completely. He had to give it two more hits before it was truly dead.

26