Defeat
1.5k 1 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hah hah...

The young man breathed hard as cleched the mace in his hand with all his strength, turning his knuckles white. His brown leather boots were coated in a sticky mucous , most likely the creatures blood , but he didn't seem to notice it.

"Hey, are you okay?" The man holding the torch said as he put a hand on his shoulder. He was also looking at the dead creature with  worry.

"Y.. yeah, I'm fine. This is nothing to be worried about." The young man said with a trembling voice that got higher with every word spoken. His words didn't bring any comfort to the other two.

The man holding the torch taped the young man two more times in the shoulder. "It's okay, this is normal for everyone. In a way this is better as those who don't have a sense of self-preservation die quickly. Cheer up, you gonna live until you become an old man.

Now let's get going."

"Yes...

The three adventurers continued on their way after the woman checked if there were any more monsters nearby. 

......

' Shit, there goes the last one. They are advancing to quickly, I need something , anything...

Kyle was beginning to panick as he didn't know what to do and also because the three red dots were now almost at his doorstep. The other three green dots were now gone from his map , presumably killed by the red dots.

' Is there really nothing I can do? Could I scare them of with my magic? No, not really a good option in this situation... wait! Maybe I can find something in the other categories.' Kyle instinctively went back to the shop menu and chose 'Dungeon'.

[ Monsters

Traps

Expansion ]

'Yes, yes ,monsters. I need monsters to kill them all. ' In the heat of the moment Kyle seemed to lose his reason as unknown force pushed him to do something he didn't want to. He disregarded the Trap and Expansion and focused on the Monster section. With a start the text in his vision changed once again and a list of monsters appeared.

[Slime

Slug

Goblin ]

In his vision apeared three options instead hundreds like when he opened.

' There are only three options? What should I choose? 'He was panicking as he didn't have enough time. The three monsters in front of him all looked weak if you judged them by their names so he did what most people would have done and choose something he knew better.

' Fuck it,  I'll choose goblis.'

[Would you like to buy 'Goblin' (20) CP?

Yes No ]

'Yes, yes...

He select yes three times and in a flash three 1 m cocoons of dark viscous liquid appeared in front of the core. They hovered and spun about 20 cm in the air for about ten seconds and then disappeared. The Black viscous liquid had evaporated into a black mist , but instead of it floating like normal smoke it went down to the ground.  

"Kieeek...

After the three cocoons disappearance in their step there apeared there short , green skinned humanoids. They were about one meter tall, bald with the exception of a few strad of hair on their head and  had long,sharp nails about 2cm long, but their most discerning feature were their eyes.  Those bulging eyes , two times the normal humans were shining in the darkness with a green malevolent light.

'So, these are goblins. They are as ugly as I expected them to be, but certainly more frightening. ' Kyle was impressed with what he had achieved , but he didn't have the time to enjoy  what he had done as three clocked figures had entered his room.

' Shit, there here. ' 

The intruders had entered the room and the goblins had noticed that. 

"Kiiiak...

With a shrill shout the three goblins all rushed at the three intruders like starving beasts.  They were pretty fast and agile for their size, as they were on the intruders face in seconds.

"Kieeek....

With another shout the leading goblin jumped on the air with his mouth open showing his sharp teeth and brandished his clawed hand towards the enemies throat , but it was not enough.

"Kik...

Although he was fast and agile the goblin was the size of a ten year old child, so when he tried to attack the human before him, he got his skull bashed in , spraying foul goblin blood everywhere. In the meantime the two others goblins were also airborne , trying to attack the same enemy who was still not ready for another attack.

"Kieeek...

"Kik.....

The two goblins shouted on top of their lungs making the attacker flinch , but at the same time a dagger flew and pierced a goblin of the chest, killing him.

*Bam*

The other goblin slammed hard into the enemy and both of them fell down on the ground. They began to struggle as the goblin tried to claw the man's eyes out and the later was trying hard to defeated.

"Fucking goblin! "

"Kie...

As the goblin tried hard to fight a slender foot hit him clearly on the side of the head and threw his off the one he was attacking, making him break free. As soon as that happened he once again tightly grabbed the mace handle and swung it with all his strength , crushing the last goblins skull, ending it's miserable and short life.

"Fuck....haah~

That was dangerous. I almost died because of a goblin."

As this happened Kyle was loosing his shit. He didn't know why, but a mixture of fear and anger had completely taken over him.

' Fuck, fucking useless goblins. If you are going to die at least kill one of them. Shit, they're coming.What are they going to do? Are they going to kill me?

 Why would they do that? '

As he was having an existential crisis one of the cloaked figures had approached him and extended their had which was holding a small blue gem. She put the gem closer and closer, until  the gem was two cm of the crystal core and it begun to shine.

'What is it doing...no what is this? Animal ears, eyes...not a human....

Kyle's conciousness begun to slip and a feeling of extreme tiredness enveloped him , putting him in deep sleep.

27