Dead End
1.3k 2 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the forest two figures were moving slowly through the dense foliage. One was walking while the other was being held by the first one on his shoulder. This was not a normal situation at all, but not because of what they were doing, but because of what they were.

The one walking was a muscular, green skinned humanoid with two small tusk's coming out from his bottom lip , a variation of a goblin, a hobgoblin. Although a hobgoblin was not much stronger than a D class adventurer or smarter than an average human he made it all up with his thirst for blood and cruelness. The hobgoblin was carrying on his shoulder a human woman , or young girl to be exact and on his right had a long club clumsily fashioned from wood. 

The young girl looked no older than 16. She had a small face, green eyes and had her brown hair tied on a ponytail. She was wearing a loose summer dresses and had no shoes or socks.

"Let me go, let me go... you beast!" She struggled hard trying to break free from the hobgoblins grasp , but it was futile. She with her small stature couldn't produce enough strength, but even with her low strength she could injure the hobgoblin. While she struggled to break free from the hobgoblins grasp she managed to leave a pretty long scar on the hobgoblins back.

"Kuaaa~

As you would expect, although the wound was not that serious, it hurt a lot. The hobgoblin felt the searing pain coming from his back and couldn't help throwing the woman he was holding on his shoulder to the ground.

"Kyaaaa....

She fell to the ground hard , so hard that she was left breathless, but the hobgoblin didn't care at all. 

"Kiiiak...kik lik...

He approached the woman with anger in his eyes , raised his hand high and slapped her across the face, rendering her unconscious. After that he picked her up again and continued on his way.

.......

Hobgoblin Pov

'Hue hue, this is good. I, Kiuk managed to survive for a year in this forest. I have wandered around  and struggled in this forest since those damnable humans destroyed my home, killed my brethren.... but that doesn't matter. That just means that they were weak and I who survived, am strong.

Yes, that is how it goes. The weak are killed and the strong feast on  them. And now the the tide is almost upon us, I'll become even stronger....the strongest!'

"Kiaaaaaak....

The hobgoblin gave  a shrill shout that reverberated among the tree's surrounding him and  that was to be expected. He, who was the only survivor of last year's dungeon cleanup had survived for almost a year in the forest and that was very rare. Goblins and all the other subspecies connected to them had a hard time staying alive outside of a dungeon and that was because they couldn't create but only destroy. So , when a wild goblin lived on the outside the only thing the could do to stay alive was to steal, and they did so . They stole food, livestock and all the things they could use to steal some more, but all that stealing was also dangerous.

The things they stole were from human villages and humans didn't take kindly to goblins, so they killed them whenever they saw them. They either riled up the hunters of the village or hired adventures if the number of goblins was to high and the result was mostly complete extermination. This showed that goblins were not that strong even as a group, but there were exceptions.Once in a while, a brave or smart or even lucky goblin would evolve into the stronger hobgoblin. A creature related to the goblin , but clearly much stronger. That was good and all, but not for the hobgoblin, because if even a trace of one was spotted outside a dungeon it would be hunted no matter the cost.  That showed how dangerous a hobgoblin was.

The hobgoblin moved deeper and deeper into the forest and with each step he felt more excitement.

' Just a little bit further and I'll arrive there. I've scouted that dungeon for a long time and  I'm sure that it's still a LV 1 dungeon that is still a fledgling, and it doesn't even have a Boss. I'll use this opportunity and declare myself the Boss of the dungeon and then...

He gave a sideways glance at the girl he was holding on his shoulder and smiled lecherousely , showing its dirty teeth. 

'What luck. I managed to get such a young girl so close to the  tide.  Kik kik she shall be such a good breading stock for me. Ahh it's been a while since I fucked a human. Tearing up their clothes, punching them, seeing them cry in pain....kik kik. It makes me so hard...

......

And so , with the girl on his shoulder  he arrived at his destination without any problems. He arrived at a cave on the face of the mountain, the dungeon he was looking to settle at.

'Yes, here it is. Finally, the tale of Kiuk the Great will be written with the blood of those humans. Kik kik.....kik?

What's that?'

The hobgoblin was startled as he heard something coming from the entrance of the dungeon and imediately his behind some dense bushes. He hid behind the bushes and waited .

' Could it be adventurers? But they should not be coming here for a couple of more days as the tide still needs a couple of more days. Have I miscalculated?

No, no NO, I WILL NOT WAIT ANOTHER YEAR! I'll kill them, I'll kill all the humans.'

While he was boiling in anger a human shaped dirt-bag walked out of the dungeon, clearly not a human, but that didn't matter anymore. He didn't care anymore.

'The dungeon is mine. No else can have it.'

He jumped from the bushes he was hiding and struck the thing on its head with all his strength.

*Bam*

The strike would definitely have killed a human and even if it was wearing a helmet it would had incapacitated him, but to the enemy if front that didn't matter at all. It just turned his head and the hobgoblin felt a sharp pain coming from it's crotch.

'No...

The hope he had , the desire , the legend he would become all turned to dust in that moment.

24