2. Fixed, But
1.9k 2 108
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I finally woke up in the morning, my head felt fuzzy. Sort of hangover-fuzzy, but without the headache. More like confused-fuzzy. I tried to remember how much I had to drink last night, but it wasn't coming to me. I was awake enough to realize I shouldn't have been drinking and taking painkillers at the same time though.

I made myself a promise not to do that again.

Still, I felt ok. I was in my bed in my room at the lodge at the resort. The bed was cosy and warm. It was half past nine in the morning, according to the bedside clock.

It took a few more minutes before I remembered trying that magic spell that I found in the snowbank. I felt pretty stupid about it now that I was sober. Like what the hell was I thinking doing any of that stuff?

I slowly shook my head and just counted my blessings that I hadn't managed to burn down the lodge or cut an artery with the pen or whatever. I figured I'd have another look at that stuff this morning. Especially the pen, incase it really was worth something.

As I continued laying there, it slowly dawned on me that although I felt ok, I still felt a little bit weird. Like something was slightly off. I shifted around in bed, and suddenly it hit me.

I couldn't feel the cast on my leg anymore.

I yanked the sheets aside as I sat up and stared. The cast was gone, my leg wasn't broken. It was like the accident on Tuesday never happened.

It must have been ten or twelve seconds I sat there staring at my two perfect healthy legs, before it finaly sank in that these weren't my legs. They were smooth, slim, shapely, hairless, and beautiful.

At the end of them were a pair of small feet with cute toes. At the opposite end the legs swelled into a pair of wide hips, and at the top of them was the skimpy black lace panties I was somehow wearing.

My hands shook slightly as I raised them up in front of me. My delicate fingers were tipped with neatly trimmed and manicured nails. The fingers were attached to small hands, connected to skinny wrists, and smooth slender arms. And looking straight down I found myself staring at a pair of unmistakably feminine boobs, barely concealed beneath a short dark-red faux-satin negligée.

By now I was hyperventilating slightly.

My hands moved to my chest, and as soon as I cupped them I knew they were real. My breathing got a little quicker. I already knew what I was going to find but I dropped my right hand down to my crotch and checked anyways. As I suspected, there was nothing under those panties that wasn't one hundred percent girl.

"What the f-" I choked off the words as I registered the soft soprano pitch of my voice.

My hands were still shaking as I swung my legs over the side to get up. I paused there and looked down as I sat on the edge of the bed. My feet no longer reached the floor. I actually had to slide off the bed and drop a couple inches before my feet landed on the carpet.

I felt a little wave of vertigo as I looked around my hotel room. It was definitely the same room. I recognized my backpack sitting on the dresser next to the TV. My empty coffee cup was still on the table where I left it last night. Same room, but it all seemed slightly bigger. The light switches on the wall were a little higher than before. The bed was slightly taller.

I leaned against the wall as I made my way around the corner and into the bathroom. My bare feet slapped on the cold tiles as I fumbled for the light switch.

The lights came on and I found myself staring at a very cute, very surprised, somewhat nervous-looking girl in the mirror.

She had red hair cut in a short cute pixie-cut. Her skin was fair. Her eyes were a bright sparkling blue. Her lips were full and wide. She had a slightly rounded, attractive face.

I felt a wave of confusing emotions as I stared at myself in the mirror. The anxiety made sense but the excitement confused me. And I wasn't even ready to think about why this reflection made me feel happy. I wasn't sure I even wanted to admit I felt that in the first place.

I must have stood there another couple minutes, just staring at my reflection in shock and wonder. I gulped and asked softly, "What the fuck happened to me?"

After a few more minutes I finally remembered the spell. I hurried out of the bathroom and started searching for the instructions, but they were nowhere to be found. Along with the candle and the pen and everything else, it was all just gone. Even the manilla envelope was gone.

I wound up down on all fours checking under the bed incase somehow the stuff wound up down there. I was starting to worry I'd lost my mind and imagined the whole thing when I spotted a small white rectangle way back near the wall under the bed. I had to stretch my small arm as far as I could, but I finally managed to get my fingers on the business card.

I sighed and sat there on the floor by the bed as I stared at it. It was the same unlikely information as before, some new age occult boutique in the nearby town.

I figured they must know what happened. That card was in the bag with the spell. They'd know what was going on, they'd be able to fix this. I looked around for my phone, then grabbed my purse from the bedside table and started digging through it. Sure enough my phone was in there.

I was about to drop my purse back on the table when my brain finally registered that I had a purse now. I sure as heck didn't have one before. I sat on the bed and started looking through it.

Inside the main compartment where I found the phone there was also a lipstick, a little package of tissues, a couple emergency tampons, some wet-wipes, a pen, two hair-ties, a pack of gum, a small mirror, and a little bottle of headache pills. No wallet though. The purse had another compartment at the front and a pocket at the back.

I checked those next, and discovered the front compartment opened to a sort of built-in wallet. There were little separate pockets for all my various cards, and a spot for cash and coins.

One of the cards was clearly a drivers license, and I pulled that out to have a look at it.

I recognized my address on the card. The birth date was unchanged, I was still twenty-two. And the last name on the card was the same, that hadn't changed either. The first and middle names were new though, and that little F in the box next to the birth date was very new. And the picture on the card matched the cute redhead I'd seen in the bathroom mirror.

"Rachel Melanie Stewart," I said to myself as I stared at my new ID. More of those awkward feelings settled in my stomach as I realized I actually liked the sound of that name better than the one I'd been stuck with all my life.

The rest of my cards were all there, but like the drivers license they were all different. Bank card, credit card, health card. They all had my new information on them. Somehow all the evidence of my old name, my old self had been erased. All that was left was this new feminine me I'd somehow woken up to.

I put all the cards back where I found them, then continued checking the purse. The pocket at the back contained my hotel room key-card and my other keys. They were unchanged, there was my apartment key, the key to my parents house, and the key-fob for my car. All three were still tied together with a small shoelace, but instead of black the shoelace was now neon pink.

By this point I'd forgotten all about that business card and the phone call I'd been planning to make. Instead I continued examining my other possessions to figure out what was different, what was the same.

While my backpack hadn't changed, all my clothes certainly had. Not only were they different, but they'd been put away neatly too. Rather than leaving everything stuffed in the backpack or spread across the top of the dresser I found my panties bras and socks were all neatly stowed in one of the dresser drawers. Another drawer contained a bunch of neatly-folded t-shirts.

Hanging up in the small closet were two pairs of jeans and one pair of yoga pants, a couple blouses, and a hoodie. My cute pink winter jacket was also hanging up in there. On the closet floor were a pair of tiny white running shoes and a pair of small black winter boots.

And in the bathroom, instead of just a toothbrush and comb I had a whole toiletries bag, and next to that was another little bag full of make-up. Rather than use the mini soap and shampoo the hotel supplied, I'd even brought my own stuff from home.

By this point I was feeling a little overwhelmed.

On the one hand my busted leg was fixed. But on the other hand, I'd turned into a girl and my entire life had been changed to match. Almost all my belongings had changed. I had to assume my entire past was different. I wondered if I was even still taking the same thing at university.

It was all completely impossible, and the only explanation I could think of was that spell I found in the snowbank and decided to cast while I was half-loaded on alcohol and painkillers. The spell which seemed to have vanished without a trace now.

I finally remembered I was going to make that phone call. I made my way back to the bed, picked up my phone and the business card, and dialled the number.

It went straight to a recorded message, "Thank you for calling Magic of the Moon. Our winter hours are Monday to Friday, noon till five. Saturday from eleven till five. And Sunday from noon till four. Please note we are closed for all statutory holidays."

I sighed and hung up. Today was Thursday, and it was a quarter past ten now. So I had time to have a shower, get dressed, and get something to eat in the restaurant. Instead of just calling back at noon, I decided to drive over there and see them in person. It was only about ten kilometres from the resort to the little town, and this felt like the kind of thing I needed to discuss face to face.

With more than a little uncertainty I slipped off the negligée then the panties and left them both on the bed. I was acutely aware of various jiggling sensations as I returned to the bathroom. I used the toilet then got into the shower.

The shower was a whole new level of strangeness all on its own. It was simultaneously mind-blowingly weird and new while also being entirely routine and ordinary. After the shower I was halfway through blow-drying my hair before I even registered what I was doing.

It was like I already knew all this stuff but at the same time it was still brand-new to me. I was standing naked in a hotel bathroom styling my hair like it was completely normal and natural, but at the same time I'd only been a girl for about ninety minutes.

As I finished doing my hair another thought struck me. Why wasn't I freaking out about this more? Like ok I was shocked about how my whole life was suddenly different and my body was changed and stuff, but I was still functional.

I continued wondering about that as I got dressed. I picked a matching set of lacy green panties and bra, then wriggled my way into the black skinny-jeans. A tight little purple t-shirt completed the look. I returned to the bathroom and double-checked my hair again, then did my make-up.

I was just putting the finishing touches on that when it occurred to me that I had no idea how to do make-up. Except apparently I did, because I looked pretty damned awesome in the mirror. I wasted a few more minutes just staring at myself again.

I was cute. I was hot. My outfit was simple but looked sort of sexy, all curves and hips and boobs and lips.

Finally I tore myself away from the mirror to pull on my winter boots and jacket. I stuffed that business card in my purse along with my phone, then set out for the resort restaurant to get some breakfast.

If you're enjoying our work and you'd like to support us, please consider joining our patreon & get early access to new chapters!
https://www.patreon.com/purplecatgirl

108