8. First Date
1.4k 5 99
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Naomi and I stayed on the slopes until it started to get dark out. The resort had lights on some of the runs so we could have kept going, but I was getting tired and had a feeling I was going to be sore in the morning from all the activity today.

I'd been able to push through most of those confusing and uncomfortable thoughts and emotions from earlier, but I could tell they were still there waiting for me. I just hoped I wouldn't have another little break-down in front of Naomi. I didn't want to scare her off thinking I was emotionally unstable or something.

I returned the rental equipment and got my own winter boots back on while Naomi put her gear away, then the two of us met back at the restaurant. The whole resort was getting busier now, it was Friday evening so all the weekend-guests had been arriving throughout the afternoon.

We tried to get a table but they said it would be about a forty-five minute wait. The bar was just as crowded, we might have been able to stand somewhere but wouldn't have found a place to sit.

Naomi and I sort of looked at each other. We were both tired and hungry and were looking forward to a nice meal together, and I could tell she was disappointed.

I got an idea, and suggested "Why don't we go back to my room? We can get room service. It might still take a while but at least we'll have a nice quiet place to sit and relax and wait for it?"

That brought a smile to her face, "Great idea! It sure beats standing around here for the better part of an hour."

We went back to the lodge, but before going to my room she had me come with her up to the third floor to visit her room. She was only in there a few seconds, then emerged carrying a box of vodka coolers. We got some ice from the machine at the end of the hall, and a few minutes later we were in my room sipping glasses of carbonated black-cherry vodka. The rest were chilling in the bathroom sink that we'd filled with ice.

Our winter coats were in the closet along with our boots. I was sitting crosslegged on the bed and Naomi was in one of the chairs by the little table. We looked over the room service menu, then I called our order in. Rather than a fancy sit-down meal we just ordered an assortment of appetizers, so we could sort of nibble on things as we hung out together.

"This is really tasty," I smiled after another sip of the vodka cooler. "I've never had these before."

Naomi gave me a sly smile and warned, "Just remember to pace yourself. You don't really taste the vodka with these things, so it's easy to forget it's in there and next thing you know you're drunk."

I grinned as I had another sip, "I'll try and keep that in mind."

The two of us talked more as we waited for the food to arrive. We exchanged contact info, got each other's numbers and email addresses, and we followed each other on social media. Naomi smiled widely when she saw the selfies I'd posted yesterday from the bath and I admired the amazing pictures she had on her feed. Unlike mine, all her recent pics were with her clothes on, out on the slopes.

"Ok I have to ask," Naomi said after a sip of her drink. "In your handle, what does the 'RMS' stand for?"

I blushed, "It's my initials. Rachel Melanie Stewart."

She raised an eyebrow, "Ok... Is there some other significance though? Or is it just that 'Rachel' was taken so you went with 'rms_rachel' instead?"

"Um..." I was still blushing as I hesitated. "Tell you what, ask me again in a day or two? Ok?"

She gave me a bit of a look, and I'm sure she was wondering again if I was hiding something. Then I think she remembered what I'd said earlier about things being complicated, and decided to let it go for tonight.

Instead she just smiled, "Ok cutie." Then she snapped a picture of me and grinned "You have the most adorable blush!"

"Hey!" I protested, but I couldn't tell whether my blush or my smile was winning in the war for dominance over my expression right now.

We both wound up taking some more pictures, selfies of the two of us, to commemorate our day together. We both uploaded them to our social media accounts, then had a little more to drink.

When the food arrived the guy set the plates out on our little table, along with a bunch of napkins and some cutlery. The meal was charged to my room but Naomi gave him a nice tip. We had more of those chicken skewers that she had at the bar last night, an order of boneless wings, and a bowl of spinach and cheese sauce with some toasted pita bites to dip in it.

It was all tasty and a little more fun and relaxed than a 'proper' meal. We opened another bottle of the cherry vodka and topped up our glasses as we talked and ate.

"You said you had to go into town tomorrow to see someone," Naomi asked at one point. "Do you want some company for that trip?"

I bit my lower lip as I hesitated again. Finally I sighed, "It's probably best if I take care of that by myself? Hopefully it won't be too long. I'm planning to see them around eleven, so I could be back here by noon."

She nodded, "Ok Rachel. Text me when you get back so we can meet up. I'll wait for you rather than getting started on the slopes by myself."

"Thanks Naomi," I smiled. "I really appreciate that."

She munched on a piece of pita with cheese and spinach, then asked "Hey if you've got a car, maybe tomorrow night we can go into town for dinner? Rather than fight the crowds here. I bet there's some nice places we could try."

That brought another smile to my face, "Good idea! Actually I wonder if there's anything like a night club in town. I kind of want to go dancing."

I added after a moment, "Oh, I mean, assuming that's something you'd enjoy? If not, don't worry about it."

She gave me a wide smile, "Oh my God Rachel I'd love to go dancing with you!"

"Great!" I grinned back at her.

After we'd had enough of the food we wound up sitting together on the bed. We piled the pillows behind us and sat shoulder-to-shoulder, watching some silly romantic comedy as we continued enjoying the cherry-vodka drinks.

We talked, we made fun of the movie, and we just enjoyed each other's company. Before long the day's activities started to catch up to me, and I was sure she was feeling it too. By the time the movie ended we'd both got a little quieter, though I was still enjoying my time with her.

Naomi stifled another yawn then drained her glass and smiled at me.

I smiled back as I had another sip of my drink. I was definitely feeling tipsy, and I was positive I was doing a worse job of hiding my yawns that she was. It was after midnight now and we were both pretty much worn out.

"Only one more cherry vodka left," Naomi sighed.

I fought back another yawn then nodded "Yeah. But I'm kinda glad it's the last one. Sorry Naomi I'm just about out of steam."

She smiled and didn't bother to hide her next yawn, "Yeah, me too."

Rather than go grab the last drink from the bathroom sink she suggested "Maybe we should just call it a night?"

"We probably should? But..." I pouted. This whole day felt like a magical first-date, and I wasn't ready for it to be over. I blushed slightly and admitted, "I don't really want this night to end yet."

She seemed to hesitate for a moment, then gave me a slightly hopeful, flirty smile. "Who says it has to end, just because we're ready to go to bed?"

My eyes widened slightly and I felt my cheeks going red. "I uh. I don't know what to say..."

An embarrassed, worried look flashed over Naomi's face. She blushed, "I'm sorry Rachel! I thought you were into girls, I thought you were into me? I'm sorry if I misread things?"

"No!" I shook my head as my own cheeks grew brighter. "It's not that at all! I'm very much into you Naomi. It's um..."

Once again I didn't know what to say, how to explain what I was feeling. It felt like it was my first time, but I had to assume I'd been with other women before. For all I knew I'd been with men too.

And once again it didn't matter, Naomi seemed to know just what to say, how to react. "It's ok Rachel, if I'm moving too fast you can just say that. I'm like that I guess, I tend to just dive in and go for things. Trish is always telling me I'm too impulsive and I need to slow down."

"Thanks Naomi," I sighed slightly as I gave her a warm smile. "I'd really like for you to stay the night? But I might not be ready to go too far just yet."

She smiled back, and the two of us just relaxed. We found something else to put on the TV for now, then promptly ignored it as we got a little closer together.

I finished my drink and set the glass on the bedside table, and reluctantly decided I needed to visit the bathroom. When I emerged, I found Naomi had already stripped down to her underwear.

She was neatly folding her clothes into a pile on the dresser, as I stood in the bathroom door and just stared at her.

Her figure was amazing. I'd already suspected as much, but without the clothes in the way it was obvious she was very athletic. Her behind was a work of art, her legs were long and perfectly sculpted. She turned and smiled at me, then moved past me to take a turn in the washroom.

I quickly undressed while she was in there. I got down to my underwear then hesitated. My heart was racing with nervous excitement. After a second or two I made the decision, and finished stripping.

I was just stuffing my undies in the laundry bag when Naomi emerged from the bathroom.

"Rachel, you're absolutely gorgeous."

I blushed brightly but my heart fluttered at the compliment.

Naomi's bra and panties quickly joined the rest of her clothes on the dresser, and I took a moment to admire her. She looked like some kind of Mediterranean Goddess to me. Tall, slim, athletic. She seemed perfect and beautiful and I almost felt confused as to why she'd want to be here with me.

"C'mon gorgeous," she smiled at me. "Let's go to bed."

In the end we didn't do anything more than cuddle, but cuddling was enough. And it was wonderful.

Naomi soon drifted off with her arms wrapped around me. I remained awake a little while longer though. My mind was racing again as I found myself reviewing the past two days. It was honestly hard to believe it had only been two days.

It was literally just yesterday morning when I woke up and discovered I was Rachel. In that short time I'd got my ears pierced, done some shopping, posted some cute selfies, made friends with a beautiful girl, and spent the day with her learning to ski properly. We'd had two meals together, gotten drunk together twice, and now we were naked, cuddling, and sharing a bed.

Guy-me wouldn't have thought such a thing were even possible.

I tried to stay rational about some things of course. I knew this was a vacation, I knew that by the end of next week both Naomi and me would be back home in our separate lives again. We might stay friends, we might not. I liked her a lot and she seemed to like me, but we'd only known each other for twenty-four hours.

After thinking about Naomi for a few minutes, I shifted gears and started thinking about the other young woman I'd only just met. The one who I'd come to realize I couldn't live without.

Yesterday morning I thought all this was a mistake that needed to be fixed. Now I knew I couldn't give it up.

I was Rachel, I was meant to be Rachel. This life was perfect. I was happy, confident, friendly, and outgoing. And I was clever, ambitious, and working towards a career in a field I'd always been interested in.

As I felt myself starting to drift off, I thought about my plan to visit to the occult store tomorrow. I wasn't going to ask them to reverse the spell, I just needed them to complete it.

I had a future now as Rachel, all I needed was a past. Then everything would be perfect.

If you're enjoying our work and you'd like to support us, please consider joining our patreon & get early access to new chapters!
https://www.patreon.com/purplecatgirl

99