NPC Creation Part 1
3.1k 1 90
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 13

 

 

We modified the ‘Scales of Judgement’ to combine with a few more items before changing its looks to match our symbol. A White and Gold Scale, the symbol of Society, then we designated it as our Guild Weapon officially, thus making it the first guild to make a World Item into a guild weapon.

 

 

We set it in the throne room (which was still under construction) for now and created a set of codes which will activate it if anyone who was not a guild member enters the room.

 

 

It was take to create our NPCs. There were so many we planned for and so many NPCs we needed to make. We requested every part of the Haven to each fit an NPC, made it tailored to them.

 

 

We decided to start with our 7 Guardians…or perhaps I should call them our crew…our nakama. They were never going to be the same since it wasn’t really them…yet we could give them a sense of reality. Make them into who they think they are as to respect the dead.

 

 

First was our first nakama, our navigator and Sharpshooter Sarah. We created her exactly as we remembered her to be. She was tall, 175 cm to be exact before giving her a shoulder length green hair. She was slightly muscular, giving her a lean but sports-girl like look. She was slightly tan and her expression showed confidence.

 

 

For her racial class, we turned her into a Vampire and then evolved it into True Vampire ancestry. We’ll need a way to keep down her bloodlust at times but since she usually kept her distance between herself and her opponent, it wasn’t of major concern. Besides, Sarah always kept a cool head. I don’t think she’ll be like Shalltear where she loses her mind easily.

 

 

For her job class, we gave her a Scout, Gunner, Sniper, and Bayonet. The mastery over these three would allow her to triumph over almost anything…especially regarding where we put her.

 

 

We put her as the guardian of the 3rd floor where we changed the entire place. It used to be a temple theme but we changed it into a field dungeon instead. Our employees have turned this place into a very rocky, steep, mountain-range. To top it off, we filled it to the brink with mist, turning the visibility to near zero.

 

 

While many players could ignore fall damage, we made sure to booby trap the bottom of the mountains to make sure they will take significant damage. With the combination of the racial and job classes we gave her, she will be able to completely ignore the visibility problem. Living up to her name, she will be death from afar.

 

 

Finally, we started working on her most important part…her codes and flavor input. We tried to remake the Sarah we knew and loved…and to a degree it worked. For now, she was but an NPC but we managed to sneak in a line.

 

 

“As the World Tree falls to oblivion, the seals will fall away, allowing her to be free once more”

 

 

This short line guaranteed that all her abilities and power which she does not possess in this Universe…haki and experience, would return to her. We detailed as much as we could in her code so that in the case that it does not work, our codes would give her the ability to use it anyway.

 

 

We armed her to the brink with the best items we had available that fit her…mostly from Raid Boss Drops. We would probably switch it later, but we managed to put in our insignia on her clothes. A White and Golden Scale on a black background.

 

 

 

Next we began to create our Ship Wright John. A massive man who was 2.18m tall and extremely muscular. we decided to amp it up a bit and give him a giant class to help him with his ‘Crusher’ class. We created his base form exactly as we remembered him though. His tan skin and his black tattoo on his ankle of ‘Society’. His razor cut hair with his typical smile that looked as if he was mocking us.

 

 

For his race, we gave him a class in Nature Giant and Wooden. Wood wasn’t an element but it looked like the game didn’t care. He was already a special paramecia user who can turn himself into and produce wood as well. To be more specific, I meant ‘any type’ of wood which made him extremely powerful the more he practiced with it. With his class of Wooden Elemental, we would be able to recreate some of that his experiences, and later on in the New World get a massive power up. We also added a Giant Class…mostly to make fun of him since all of us used to call him a giant and questioned his humanity (or his ancestry) but this gave him a massive resistance stat to magic while buffing his ability in strength and pure physically ability overall.

 

 

For his job classes, we gave him brawler classes and master of Nature enhanced Ki. A Monk class as well as Martial Lord before finishing off with ‘Nature’s Herald’ and a simple ‘mage’ to give him some basic abilities he should be able to use in his daily life. This combination made him something similar to Mare, but in a really manly way. Definitely no Traps allowed in our guild…please.

 

 

It was an obvious choice but we decided to put him on the 6th floor where trees and nature in general was overgrown. John should be able to take advantage of that…although we also did put a massive lake in the middle, the size of a couple kilometers so he can enjoy ship building there as well on his own personal time. We’ll have a proper shipyard somewhere in the guild but this was his personal space.

 

 

As we did before with Sarah, we filled in his code carefully to make him who he was. Although we cut down his love for booze a little bit, we gave him the memory of how he can fight and his knowledge in many areas. Finally, to truly free him from the tree, we gave him the same line of code which will give back all of his abilities as the World tree dies.

 

 

Next we created our good old Mechanic and Skilled Blacksmith…Tim. I remember when he used to be the weakest member of our crew and always so scared to try anything, despite being at least thrice our age. It was to be expected since he was a scientist, an engineer before he was a Marine. We recreated him in his best form, when we sailed the world independently as Equilibrium. We gave his 6ft height (a little over 180 cm) as well as his short Blue Hair which we always teased that he copied from John. We still gave him his trademark wrinkles on either side of his eyes and a little bit on his forehead. He looked a little older than when we first met him, but overall he was stronger, better, and healthier I would say.

 

 

For his racial classes, we turned him into a ‘Cyborg’ and put some ridiculous weapons in creating him. The Particle Laser Cannons that were taken directly from the latest update as well as rockets, all refillable with mana. Being a robot came with some skills that no organic beings normally would have. Sensors, flight system, inhuman strength and more. While nowhere close to my mechanization with the Asura Path (Rinnegan Ability), he was still a force to be reckoned with just by his ability.

 

 

For his job class, we put blacksmith, mechanic, and Close-Quarters-Fighter. He was never one to fight from a distance anyway, always using Soru to get right under their noses so this would help. Even though we included CQF for his Job Class, we mainly focused him for Blacksmith and Mechanic…we needed somebody to be able to do it, capable of making nearly legendary items. That was him.

 

 

We decided to put him on the 2nd floor and fill the entire place up to the brim with traps on trap on traps on traps. We put so many traps there were traps in traps. Traps that sprung in conjunction to another and traps that anticipated it would not be sprung and have another trap waiting for…you get the idea. Since Tim had the necessary job class, he would be in charge of maintaining the floor at optimal condition. In addition, he would keep the most important parts of Society (mechanical parts) active, even without us being online all the time.

 

 

This process of creating our 3 NPCs took over a week. With so much coding, planning, and preciseness involved, it was not easy work. Let, there were so many more of our crew mates, other NPCs to create.

 

 

Hopefully we can get all of them in time.

90