Alliance Forged
3.1k 5 90
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 17

 

 

Before forging an alliance, we needed to do something in secret. Something ridiculously broken but also something necessary for us; at this point in time, we had our hands on a couple of the ‘Twenty’, but honestly we were too scared to use them except for Ouroboros. Since they would disappear when we use them… it seemed like a waste and what if one of them comes back to us, but against us?

 

 

We came up with a plan that would surely get reported as breaking the game balance, but honestly we didn’t care. It was fundamentally broken regarding the game but we would just have to break it even more.

 

 

Dad always left for work right after lunch and mother usually took a nap during that time so hat leave a window of around 2 hours for us to mess around on his computer. But today, we weren’t going to locate World Items or anything. We were just going to change our very character itself.

 

 

Something like changing a class or race would be too obvious so we couldn’t do that…but we can easily hide a glitch we’ve already prepared. Using his authority, we managed to find our character description as well as our race. Regarding ‘War Goddess’ and ‘World Dragon (or Nidhogg). Let’s just say we added a small glitch that any of the twenty we activate will reappear in our inventory along with any consumables.

 

 

We didn’t rely on an item for something this overpowered. If we go around carrying something like that, people would quickly realize.

 

 

While we were on here, we decided to completely break the character itself. Let’s see…upon death set item drop to the lowest quality…no exp loss…and a few more miscellaneous things.

 

 

Hey, if you have an opportunity, then take it! This was in our power and for us, the New World was more important than our integrity. Freedom forever was more important than honesty. We just had our values straight on what is more important to us.

 

 

We surfed through the game development and plans for a couple more minutes, finding out a world threat event of ‘Ragnarok’ was coming…man! We definitely needed to participate in this. There was at least 4 World Items involved with this massive one of a kind event…I guess it does make sense though. Shame that it wasn’t going to come out until at least a couple years later since it was a ‘World Ending Event’ after all. Would be strange to put it in while the game is still alive and kicking. This would be something like a CPR operation.

 

 

Normally in this day and age, a game that has aged 3 years would be considered old…but not Yggdrasil. The technology that allowed users to move so accurately, load so much data continuously and at once was unique to Soba games. While dad’s company was preparing to launch a new game, other companies simply could not replicate the experience offered by Yggdrasil…mainly due to our technological advancements and some specific lines of code we made sure nobody would find. Due to this, Yggdrasil was still a massive hit with continuous updates making the game develop.

 

 

Me: So do we contact Ainz Ool Gown now?

 

 

Diana: Do you have any of their character numbers to directly call them on?

 

 

Me: umm…no, you don’t either right?

 

 

Diana: Umm…no.

 

 

Me: *sigh* I guess we’re going to Helheim. Let me prepare a few things in advance.

 

 

If we were going to enter the mouth of a lion, we better make it known that we were holding a vial of poison. From my inventory, I prepared everything I would need…including a very specific Ahura Mazda. I’m sure Sis packed ‘World Savior’ as well. With our new abilities to not lose these items, we would be hoarding them now…even more than before.

 

 

Me: I’m ready sis, whenever you are.

 

 

Diana: *Gate*

 

 

As a black portal opened up, we walked through it into the World of Helheim.

 

 

While surely this place wasn’t burning constantly like Muspelheim or frozen solid like Niflheim but this place gave me the creeps. After all, according to the Norse lore, this place was where the foulest things gathered under their ruler ‘Hel’. I could just feel the negative karma trying to dig into us as we walked through the foul woods. While our aura and sis’s ‘True predator’ and my ‘Godly Intimidation’ kept the annoying stuff away, the terrain itself was…shit.

 

 

I think I understand why Old Bones was so confused when he arrived in the New World and Sebas told him that they were in a perfectly normal grass field.

 

 

As we got into sight of the old creepy tomb, the POP skeletons started to rush at us. Of course, something of this level wouldn’t even hurt, or even be able to touch us…wuite literally. So we just walked through them until we were at the entrance on the tomb. Then, instead of walking in or anything, we knocked on their gate.

 

 

*knock* *knock*

 

 

I’m sure everyone from the guild who was online would have known by now that we were here. Maybe some of them might have been confused at first since nobody would be crazy enough to try and conquer the tomb with just 2 people…but it looked like they recognized us.

 

 

As Shalltear, completely void of any emotion started to rush at us, sis just grabber her lance and threw her as far as possible away from the tomb. Since she put all of her strength into it, it actually worked. This should earn us a little bit of time, enough time to make the guild reach a decision. After all, we showed them that we aren’t really interested in conquering them.

 

 

We had a wait a few minutes and sis and I took turns flinging Shalltear all over the map but eventually they hailed us through the com.

 

 

Member 1: Um…hello. Is this really ‘Society’?

 

 

Diana: Yup, and we need to talk with you guys. All of you.

 

 

Member 1: Well, I guess you didn’t just barge in. We’ll meet you on the first floor. Please stay put…and thanks for not killing Shalltear. Resurrecting her is a little expensive.

 

 

Huh, did they just lose something? Like the 7 mines? For a guild this big I would to really expect the resurrection cost to be big. I guess there are some times when even a Guild like the infamous Ainz Ool Gown suffers from financial crisis.

 

 

As we waited and Shalltear came walking back this time (and not trying to kill us with the same attack again and again), the other guild members came up. There was a total of around 20 members who came up to meet us. Judging by their gestures, it looks like they were talking amongst themselves. They probably still had a couple members in the guild (as in other floors) for caution and to react to emergencies. Still, we found the most important members (and a few we recognize) come to greet us.

 

 

A specific 7 feet tall Skeleton (but not in his trademark robes) was in the lead followed by a Goat Demon and an Insectoid wearing his Silver World Champion armor. Of course, the Bird Pervert and 2 slimes were there as well.

 

 

Diana: Why hello

 

 

Peroponcino: Holy shit! You were a little girl?

 

 

Bukubukuchagama: *smack!* What are you saying to them! Sorry dears, please forgive my little brother.

 

 

Me: No, no, it’s fine.

 

 

Peroponcino: Hol-*smack* Hey! I actually took damage from that one!

 

 

Bird pervert indeeed. We’ve barely met him for 10 seconds and he’s already trying to figure out our age just by our voices.

 

Me: Anyway, we need to talk. We need to talk about a one-time alliance.

 

 

*Thud*

 

 

I took out a chair for me to sit down on and sis did the same.

 

 

Momonga: Alliance?

 

 

Diana: We’re planning in invading Seraphim soon and we’d appreciate your help in the matter.

 

 

Momonga: Wait…I thought you girls do these raids alone. World Item or not.

 

 

Diana: True…but this time it’s a little different. We have confidence in winning destroying their guild to the ground…but they have one of the twenty.

 

 

Momonga: So it that the problem?

 

 

Me: In a way, yes. Not as in that we are scared of it since we have ways to resist it.

 

 

Momonga: YOU CAN RESIST THE TWENTY?

 

 

Me: Yes, with another one of the twenty. Anyway, the real problem is if they choose to use it…then the item could be anywhere and we have to search for it again.

 

 

Diana: Angel types, 500 of them and around a quarter of them are max level. We just need your guild members to hold them back while we dissolve their guild and take their world items. All 3 of them.

 

 

Momonga: What’s in it for us?

 

 

Diana: First, you can have all the loot other than the World Items. Second, we won’t destroy Ainz Ool Gown.

 

 

Ulbert: And what makes you think you can beat us? You’re on our turf right now.

 

 

*thud* *thud*

 

We each took out one of the Twenty. Aura Mazda and World Savior. Each of which could easily wipe out their entire guild if used correctly, and we were one of the strongest players if not the strongest.

 

 

We watched as the members gasp in recognition.

 

 

Ulbert: Point made…Skelly, I don’t think we have a choice here.

 

 

Touch Me: At least tell us this, what World Items do they have?

 

 

Me: The 3 Holy Items. I’m amazed that they got the set together in the first place. They have Longinus, The Holy Grail, and the Shroud of the Messiah.

 

 

HeroHero: I don’t trust you…what if you two are just using us to be your meat shields if they choose to use Longinus?

 

 

Me: Easy, we have our own ways of resisting the effect, as told before. Also, we’d rather be on friendly terms with a fellow heteromorphic guild.

 

 

Quite literally, our character code would resist anything like that. World Item or not, we were literally a walking resistance to negative item effects.

 

 

Tabula: You walked in here with not one, but TWO of the Twenty and threatened us and you think—

 

 

*ching*

 

 

I gave him a data pack that contained more data space than he’s probably ever seen before.

 

 

Me: You look like the type to enjoy making NPCs to perfection…like we do. Consider that a gift of goodwill.

 

 

Tabula: *thumbs up icon* You got my help girls!

 

 

 

Touch Me: Tabula-San, wasn’t that too easy…? I mean they might be trying to…

 

 

Me: Hey, Tabula-san needed some data to work with, and it’s kind of expensive I get it. I might not be a good fighter or anything in real life but dad always told me to be a good person.

 

 

Touch Me: *gasps in joy*

 

 

Me: Daddy told me helping someone in need is common sense!

 

 

Touch Me: That’s it Momo, we’re going to help these girls.

 

 

Seriously guys, too easy. Each of you have such a solid core that matches the Novel exactly. Just push the right buttons and get things our way. Of course…Momonga is always so cautious…but I guess he has one weakness as well.

 

 

Me: Momonga sama…could you please help us please~, all of your amazing friends seem to want to help us.

 

 

There we go, using his friends name clouds his judgment. Especially without his undead emotion limiter.

 

 

Momonga: …fine. You get my vote as well. But Ainz Ool Gown is a democracy though, we’re going to need to vote on this!

 

 

? Member: *pfff*

 

 

Momonga: Don..don’t laugh! We always decide things by voting.

 

 

Ulbert: Yes yes, and now that our high and mighty Overlord has decided, is there really a need for a vote?

 

 

It took a few more minutes but the result was an overwhelming decision to support us. While most of them decided to help us because they were…well, bored and also nice people in general (except for Luci*fer), they also knew this was a chance at becoming extremely powerful. To become a guild that would be a true threat to the world. Although they wouldn’t be getting the World Items, just thinking of the number of Divine Class Items as well as other equipment and, of course, help their current financial crisis and turn it into the roaring twenties. As long as things went to plan, it would be great for them.

 

 

Truth be told, we could’ve done this alone. Still, we knew that whatever happens, Momonga (later known as Ainz Ool Gown) would/might play a critical role when we are in the New World…mostly depending on the time we arrive. Still, we didn’t want to leave things to chance. Better to be viewed as a friend than foe when an opponents has a specific ‘Demiurge’ on their side…even if we do have the superior 5 Elders to counter.

 

 

Well, it looks like we’ll be burning down heaven soon. What a twist of fate, I hope ?? doesn’t mind too much. Actually, he’ll probably enjoy it. As far as I know, he’s not the God I knew and believed on Earth anyway.

90