Status
2.9k 9 59
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It seemed that this week was going rather horrendously for Ishi. It all started thanks to that girl who was standing next to him at the lockers as school had come to an end.

“Looks like it’s time to head home again.” She groaned at the thought of having to spend more time with the boy.

“Don’t worry, lucky for you, I’m staying after school to help out with the field trip.” He informed her that this was going to be the case for the rest of the week. “But don’t worry, I’m part of the go-home club, so we’ll be back with our regularly scheduled times soon enough.”

“Then I guess you can call me part of the go-work club.” She giggled. “I’m taking a small break to get adjusted to town, but I’ll be heading to the agency after school starting next week.”

“Finally, something going my way.” He took the small victory of not having to see her after school. With the way things were going, he was going to need a lot more of those to feel better.

Rinse took off her school shoes and opened up her locker. Unexpectedly, a letter popped out of it, landing by her feet. Quickly, she attempted to pick it up, but Ishi grabbed it before she had the chance. “Ooh, looks like you’ve got yourself a secret admirer.” He said so in a mocking manner, his proof being the heart sticker keeping it closed.

“Hey, give that back.” She tried to take it away from him, but the boy was able to use his arm to keep her at bay. “You can’t just take someone’s stuff like that.”

“Relax, we both already know what’s in here.” He said, opening the letter. Inside was a note that asked her to meet the sender behind the school. “Man, what a waste of time.”

“How can you say that someone’s feelings are a waste of time?” She was insulted at how careless he was about the whole ordeal as she yanked it from his hands. “Honestly, did your mom never teach you any manners?”

“Like I said, We both already knew. I can’t believe you’re entertaining the thought of showing up.”

“Well, I don’t want to be disrespectful.” She replied. “But, I don’t know who this is from. And since I don’t really know anyone outside of you or your friend, it looks like I’ll have to reject them.”

“Either that, or you’ll see how much of a heartthrob he is. Then you can make quite a power couple at this school.”

“Oh, just shove it.” She closed her locker, taking the letter with her to the destination. Meanwhile, he went back to their class to meet with Youna to discuss details of the field trip. She had been waiting for him since classes ended, as she didn’t need to go to the lockers. Ishi had just wanted to put away his phone to avoid any unwanted distractions.

“All right, so what we got?” He said as the boy walked in. Even though his actions weren’t meant to scare her, she still jumped up in fear of him.

“Yo-you’re finally back.” She said, as she trembled a bit in her seat. “I was just… Getting a little bit of a head start.”

“That’s cool with me.” His tone was a bit detached from their conversation. She was able to pick up on it easily. “So, can you fill me in on what exactly this field trip is about?”

“Um, is everything okay?”

“Hmm?” He was still feeling a bit distracted. Her question caught him by surprise since she normally didn’t inquire into people’s business. It was most likely her being worried if he could help out like this. “Sorry, I was just thinking about Hattori.”

“Have you fallen for her already?”

“Of course not.” He was incredibly offended that the thought even entered her mind. “She got a letter to meet someone behind the school. Looks like someone’s already built some courage, or stupidity, and wants to confess to her.” For some reason, he just really wanted to spy on them to see how it would shape up. Honestly, a part of him wanted to see whatever boy it was get hurt for being so stupid. “I’m sorry, but can I leave for a little bit?” Yeah, that’s what he wanted to do. Even if it meant shirking a bit on a duty he didn’t even want in the first place.

“Well, if you want too…” She didn’t have the courage to stop him, however her presence did make him pause a bit.

“If you want to see it too, then you should join me.” He normally wouldn’t extend an invitation to anyone, but he was kind of making things harder on her with this action. “I promise we’ll get to work when it’s over.”

“I really shouldn’t...” She said, but personally, the girl was very curious to see how one of these confessions would play out. Since she had never confessed, nor had been confessed to. “Okay... But only this once.” While they were about to head out, Otoya ended up running into the pair.

“Sorry, I think I must’ve left my phone here.” He told them as he noticed them leaving the room. “Where are you guys heading to?”

“You want to join us to watch Hattori get confessed to?” Ishi asked without a second’s hesitation.

“Ooh, invading someone’s privacy? I’m down.” He accepted without even taking a moment to consider it. So now the trio headed to where Ishi believed this meeting was to take place. It was good timing as they hid around the corner to see Rinse all by herself waiting for whoever sent the letter.

“Okay you two, let’s just shut up and watch.” He commanded them. Now, one would rightfully wonder why someone who normally doesn’t care for the drama of teens would want to watch this. Ishi would explain it simply as, it being too hard not to want to watch a train wreak in real time. There was no chance this boy was going to have his feelings accepted. If Rinse didn’t reject him, then she was a bigger idiot than he originally thought.

Finally, the show started. A boy approached the girl, he recognized him as a boy who was rather popular with the girls at school. So he had finally decided to confess to someone, which of course was a celebrity that had nothing to do with him.

“Would you please go out with me?” He asked her, to which the answer was clear.

“I’m… Sorry.” She answered him. “But, I’ll have to reject you.” Ouch, he could feel the burn from here. Dejected, the boy hung his head down and Rinse walked away. She wasn’t happy about having to hurt someone’s feelings like this, but it couldn’t be helped.

“I guess that’s that then.” Said Ishi, who was ready to leave now that this show ended abruptly. “Like I promised, let’s get back to work.” He bid farewell to his friend and left with Youna. Meanwhile, Otoya took this as his opportunity to have a little chat with the school’s new idol.

“Looks like that was hard.” He caught her by surprise as she turned the corner.

“Y-You saw all that!?” She nearly fell over backwards when his image appeared.

“I saw it with Ishi and the class rep.” He answered.

“Oh no.” She didn’t like the sound of that. “I don’t want people finding out and exposing him or anything.”

“Don’t worry, I doubt any of us would dream of doing something like that.” Youna was too shy to want to talk with people, and Ishi hated gossip. So both of them were safe. “I’d love to walk home with you, but unfortunately you live next to Ishi. So that means we’d be going opposite directions.”

“It’s fine anyway. I think I’d prefer to walk home alone anyway.” She responded. It appeared that a lot of boys were going to be giving her attention for the long year to come. “I’m surprised you told me you spied on us. If you didn’t reveal yourself, I would’ve never found out.”

“Well, it’s no big deal to me if it’s kept a secret.” He laughed, and they were both more than ready to separate. However, there was one thing keeping them here.

“Oh shoot, I must’ve forgot my phone in class.” She said when checking through her bag.”

“Good thing you reminded me, that’s why I’m still here actually.” So the pair headed towards their classroom. It seemed that they would be running into Ishi once more, but they weren’t expecting to hear his voice right before they entered.

“What are you doing here?” He said, not to them, but to someone else. They didn’t reveal themselves, instead the pair hid around the door to see that he was talking to the boy who just confessed to Rinse. “You know that’s my seat, right?”

The boy didn’t say anything back to him. In fact, his actions screamed much louder than any words as he got up and grabbed Ishi by the collar. There was no time to react as he got shoved up to the windows.

“H-hey.” Youna meekly spoke as she attempted to calm the person. “you can’t… I mean, no fighting in school. You both s-s-should know this.”

“It’s not fair.” The boy said to him, ignoring the girl in the room. Tears were forming in his eyes. “It’s not fair, how come she has to live next to you?”

“We should do something.” Rinse whispered over to Otoya. She was about to come in and try to break this up, but he stopped her in her tracks.

“Just wait. Ishi can take care of himself.” He had not a hint of concern in his voice. It was as if he didn’t care if his friend got beaten up, or rather, he wasn’t worried that would end up being the case.

“This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and it’s all wasted on you.” The boy continued to speak. Despite being pinned up against the wall, Ishi didn’t display any fear on his face.

“Oh really?” Finally, he had the chance to speak. “Do you honestly believe that this so-called ‘opportunity’, would be better served with you, or any other guy in this school?” Something like this was bound to happen with the reveal of his living situation. That was something Ishi was more than willing to accept, since it allowed him to not worry about hiding any details.

“What are you talking about? Of course if someone who liked her got to be close with her.”

“You can’t tell what would ever be in her heart.” Rinse couldn’t believe what she just heard form him. Did he actually have empathy? “Besides, I doubt someone stuck up like her would ever date lowly boys like us.” Never mind, it was just another chance to trash talk her. “And I know she would never date a boy as selfish as you.”

“How can you say that!?” It didn’t appear that he was defusing the situation, yet no one stepped in to stop this. “My feelings-”

“-Are fake.” Ishi dropped the bomb with zero hesitation. “You know, you’re really selfish.” He was not letting up on this verbal assault. “You got so many girls around you, so don’t even say that things are unfair for you.” His plan seemed to be working, as the grip around his collar loosened.

“But… I got rejected…” The boy was nearly knocked speechless. How could he come back from this? “How could you… Be so cruel.”

“I swear the youth is so obsessed with status.” Despite the harsh words, what he was saying did not fall onto deaf ears. “You only liked the idea of dating Hattori, just like most of the girls around you only like you because you’re popular.” The boy felt Ishi’s words pierce through his heart, as it hit right on target.

The popularity had gotten to his head. Which was why he even tried to ask Rinse out in the first place. In a swift motion, Ishi moved his head towards the boy to whisper quietly into his ear. So that no one watching this scene could hear him. “We both know who your heart really belongs too.” Even a boy that never sought out secrets could learn about some things simply through a few chance encounters.

With that, this conversation was over as the boy took a couple steps away from him. There was nothing more to be said as he exited the room, not seeing Rinse or Otoya as they hid away.

“That’s Ishi for you.” Otoya spoke as if that was proving some point, which he never made.

“I know you guys are out there.” Ishi spoke up, making her shudder as they had been caught. “So go grab your phones and get out of here.”

Luckily, neither of them were scolded by him. The boy was too tired to bother talking to anyone that wasn’t about this field trip. As she walked towards the station, Rinse stopped for a moment to look at the window of their classroom where he was. That boy was a very peculiar individual.

59