Interest
1.8k 4 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Halfway through Summer break now. Though for Rinse, it hasn’t felt all that much like a break. She still had the hard work of rehearsals and performances as an idol. This was taking a toll on her energy as she plopped herself down on the couch after returning home. Without an excuse of school, she had been putting in a lot more time at the studio.

However, no matter how difficult it was on her body. The girl loved every second of it. Living out a life that most girls dreamed of was truly amazing. Especially since she also was given the wonderful opportunity of bringing a smile to everyone. A contrast compared to her next door neighbor who was most likely sitting at home doing something boring.

Actually, what does Ishi do when he’s alone? The boy’s always talking about how he wants to not hang out with people. Why? What is there for him to do with no social interaction?

He seems to be the type to read. So perhaps he’s currently deep in a light novel or manga? Then again, he probably would stick up his nose up at the things directed towards his demographic. Maybe a dense and slow book would be more up his alley.

Or they could all be misunderstanding him. There’s nothing stopping him from partaking in more visual fun. It could be video games, something that allowed him to relieve a fair bit of stress like a laid back sim. Movies were always an option, since he watched a lot with his friend. But if he did already watch a lot with that boy, then he must be burned out.

...What was Rinse doing? Why was she spending so much time thinking about a boy she didn’t even like all that much? That was too weird for her as she sat back up. Maybe the girl needed something to distract from this boredom. But what was there to do? The only person she could easily contact was Ishi himself. Otoya did share his contact information with her after movie, but it didn’t seem right to call up that boy either. She really needed to make some friends with girls to have something valid.

It was a major shame that her best friend from the idol industry never seemed to want to spend time outside of work. That girl was really kind, but for some reason didn’t want to divulge into her personal life.

While trying to figure out her plans for the rest of the day, her thoughts were broken by a knock at the door. Rinse answered it, where she was greeted with an unfamiliar sight. There was a girl standing before her that she had never met before. Was this someone from school? It certainly couldn’t be someone from her class, that’s for certain.

“Wow, he wasn’t kidding. Rinse really does live here.” The stranger spoke, enamored that she got to meet a real idol. “I’m such a big fan, this makes me so happy.” Disregarding personal space, they shook hands with her.

“Um, it’s nice to meet you too.” Rinse replied uneasily. This girl seemed harmless, so she wasn’t worried about potential harm. Though having someone come to her house like this was a little uncomfortable. “Who wasn’t kidding? Who told you about?”

“Ishi of course.” Another girl who knew Ishi? Just what type of boy was he? That boy didn’t seem the type to know so many cute girls. Though to be fair, Rinse was one of them and that was due to circumstance.

“And speaking of Ishi…” Out of nowhere, someone grabbed the girl by the ear. That someone being the subject of their conversation. “What are you doing? You can’t harass my neighbor.”

“Ow! Please not so hard…” The girl begged. “And not in front of Rinse too.”

“Should’ve thought of that before you decided to go to her house before mine.” He scolded them, essentially ignoring Rinse. Though she was utterly speechless with this scene unfolding before her. “And Koto, don’t call her by her first name. You don’t know her personally.”

“Who is this?” She finally was able to speak up, putting an end to their arguing. “I didn’t realize how many friends you had.”

“Koto’s not my friend.” Ishi replied and let go of his tight grip. “He’s my cousin.”

“Oh, I see.” Now that made a lot more sense… “Wait, did you just say he?” This didn’t look like a boy at all.

“I know that he looks like a lady, but trust me. Koto’s a boy all right.”

“Yep.” His cousin affirmed the facts and smiled. “A lot of people seem to get that mixed up for some reason.”

“I can only imagine why.” He spoke sarcastically and once again grabbed the boy by his ear. It was time for them to go home. “When we get back, I’m going to have to find something to punish you with.”

“No please, wait.” Koto attempted to fight back, but he was too weak compared to his older cousin. “I want to get to know Rinse.”

“We shouldn’t bother her.” Ishi didn’t loosen his grip. “And stop referring to her like that. It’s really rude.” Rinse saw an opportunity with sight, and the girl wasn’t about to let it get passed her so easily.

“Actually, I wouldn’t mind spending some time with you.” She spoke up before they left her front porch. “I don’t have any plans for the rest of the day, so it could be fun.”

“Really?” Koto’s eyes lit up at the offer. “Rinse wants to hang out with us. Oh please Ishi, let me have this.” The young boy begged him in an annoying fashion.

“You really like to make me suffer, don’t you.” Ishi turned his eyes of ire towards her. “Fine, but get yourself ready at home first.” His cousin was only going to be here for the rest of the break. So it was a chance that would disappear if he wasn’t given it eventually.

“You’ll be coming too, right?” She asked.

“Of course I am.” He responded while his relative left them in a flash to drop off his things at home. “You’re lucky his parents will be moving overseas after this break. So I’m only doing it for his sake.”

“That’s good to hear.” She said in reference to his former point. “And I never took you for the type to care about people.”

“Don’t get it twisted.” He tried to shut her off. “It’s family after all.”

“So that make Hanada a part of your family?”

“That’s different. Youna’s a friend.”

“So you do have a soft… Wait, did you just call her Youna? And a friend?” That was news to her. After all, it had only been less than a month after he proclaimed his lack of friendship to the girl.

“Yeah things happen in my life.” He was getting irritated with how much she was prying into personal dealings. “Not everything revolves around you. Things happen to me regardless of your input.” Though lately, she was having more of an impact than he’d like. Which only served to prove him correct on her ruining his peaceful days.

“I’m back!” Koto didn’t them much alone time to chat privately as he made his return. The boy had on a ridiculous pair of sunglasses on as if that would impress the girl. “Where are we heading to?”

“You’re the one who wanted to hang out with her.” He sighed, must he be the one to think of everything?

“I would be curious to see what a local like yourself would want to do for fun.” Of all people, Ishi believed himself to be the worst tour guide. Why this idol continued to bother him was beyond any possible logic. “Or are you too much of a shut-in that you don’t even know about your own hometown.” Now she was also taunting him, a clear bait to make him do what she wished him to do. That was some real textbook moves she was pulling on him.

“Can we go do karaoke?” Koto suggested, which was immediately shut down by him. Just because there was an idol with them didn’t mean that they had to do something music based. That was entirely lame.

What was it he could do with them that didn’t include something basic? Anything musical was out of the picture. Just because he also liked her singing voice didn’t mean that the boy wanted to listen to her doing that all the time. They had already seen a movie together, so that should be out of the picture.

Not that he was forced to think of something, Ishi came to the realization that Rinse had a little bit of a point in her attempt to goad him on. Well, something like that was to be expected coming from an anti-social boy.

“Eh, we’ll go to the arcade.” This was literally the only option he could come up with that wasn’t atrocious to him.

“Yay!” Koto cheered at the idea. Though with Rinse joining them, he would’ve been excited over whatever option ended up being chosen.

“That sounds like a lot of fun.” Rinse also took to the suggestion positively. “I’ve never been in one of those before.”

46