Chapter 19.5 – Pursued
4.4k 9 192
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

She was almost out of breath, but she couldn’t stop running. She didn’t want them to catch up to her.

She went over the rubble, squeezed in between two heaps of concrete, and continued going. She could have flown. Could have, if she wanted to get shot down. Likewise, she didn’t dare use her beams since they would get reflected back at her anyway.

She could only keep running, but even that had finally reached its limits.

Round the corner, she stopped in her tracks as she found herself face to face with a terrifying creature. Pure white fur, a tail, and long canine ears on top of its head. A giant white fox… with sunglasses on.

She didn’t waste a second before turning heel and dashing away. But after rounding another corner, the scene repeated itself. This time, instead of a fox, it was a wolf with metallic sheen on its fur.

It also wore sunglasses.

“Quite the Achilles’ heel, isn’t it, Nova?” The wolf smirked at her.

She once again turned to run, only to find out she was surrounded by the two giant canines.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaa!”

She suddenly found herself sitting up in her bed, sweat rolling off her skin.

A few seconds of hyperventilation later, the door burst in.

“Ellen! What happened?!”

Ellen, seeing her partner’s worried face, she simply sighed and shook her head.

“Just a nightmare.”

Although she already forgot the contents of the nightmare, for some reason, she suddenly felt an inexplicable urge to kick puppies and smash sunglasses.

Odd.

192