[Arc I] Chapter 12 – You won’t believe what happened in thisss chapter! ???? (gone ssssexual) (gone wrong)
2.3k 8 57
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Hey hey hey people, SSsnek here! What’s up! Welcome to my crib! It might seem dark in here, but trust me, it’s more comfy this way!”

“Who are you talking to, when you are the only snake here?”
“Hey hey hey! And here is my man! Me! The best person to talk when I want to have an intelligent conversation!”

“Oh hussssh, you make me blussssh”

… you might be thinking It’s a stupid skit, but you would be wrong (“no they wouldn’t”). Ever since the last…. Incident, I found talking to myself more often, and the responses weren’t something I thought I came with.. Or at least not completely? It’s not as if I have two people in my head or split personalities. It's more like...

Imagine all the ways your thoughts can go from a single starting point- for example you see a snake.  It can then follow into two directions- "Snakes are awesome" or "Snakes are cool". What happens to me, is that I think both of those at the same time for a while, and then the resulting more complex thought processes (here resulting in "Snakes are cool so I want one as pet" and "Snakes are awesome so they should rule our world!") merge, and clash. I hoped I could get some information about my state using scope but it was completely silent on the subject. I can’t really say it’s a problem but I’m starting to think I might be going crazy (“develop an OP parallel thinking skill!”)

Crazy for DIZ GAINZ! Wooooo! 

Strong scales: 1.8/10

Energetic digestion: 1.9/10

Body strengthening: 1.4/10

Effective exercise: 1.2/10

 

Skill: Effective exercise

Increases speed of attribute and stats gained. Reduces chance of self-harm during exercise. Improves mental stats when thinking about new ways to exercise.

Tracksssuit not included

It really is amazing to see your progress expressed in numbers, even if you don’t fully understand what they mean!

It’s also very interesting to experience being a child again. Even without me doing anything, my sight, as well as other senses got better. And, as one would expect, hidden skill is to thank for that!

Skill: Snakeling’s growth

Increases attributes over time. Increases speed of gaining race-related skills. Increases growth of int,agi,vit-dependent skills. 

If enough time passes while having “hungry” status, all previously mentioned increases are disabled, or even reversed. Chaotic increase to mind related skills growth rate.

Skills are lost after the holder stops being a child.

Interestingly, unlike the egg skill, it has levels. And all my self-improvement methods do seem to increase it. What is unexpected however, is how rigorous discipline based training doesn’t seem to affect it as much as the times when I’m just playing around and learning my new body (“Sssstop! Pervert!”). In other words, being a child. It might be worth trying to advance it to the next tier, but the time limit is slightly ambiguous…

On the more intellectual side-

Discipline: 2.4/10

Meditation: 2.9/10

Mana sight: 1.1/10

Mana core: 0.9

Mind sense: 0.9/10

Mindwave sight: 0.9/10

“Discipline” is quite a powerful skill, and I struggle to think of what it can do at level 10. Why? You could advance to level 2 by doing what you planned, even if you feel lazy/sleepy/tired whatever. But to get to level 3 I had to fight against pain. In retrospect it might have been actually stupid to do my noodle crunches, when the tip of my tail was hurting from trying to split a piece of wood with the second Drunken Snout technique (work in progress), but at least I got over the level threshold.

Meditation is stuck at lvl 2, and for now I have no idea how to increase it. (liesss… you are jussst affraid…).

The newest addition to our family is mana sight, a result of my nightly slithers outside. After the first time, I just couldn’t stop. They became the thing that I looked forward to the most every day. I especially like looking at the lake, and all the fish souls swimming in it. Mana sight reached level one, when I was trying my best to maybe see some water creature occasionally jumping out of the water, during the full moon. Instead of the “light sight” advancing enough to let me see it, it was the mana sight! And what I saw in the distance was an outline of a catfish looking body, which seemed to somehow “gather” mana coming from the moonlight. While not what I expected, it still was a mesmerising sight. I barely managed to get back before my siblings woke up.

Mind sense and Mindwave sight are still below level 1, so scope didn’t show me any information about them before I realised it myself. I noticed, when sssneaking between my sleeping family, that finding the best path that won’t result in me getting too influenced by their thoughts started getting easier and easier, and sometimes I could “feel” a kind of.. cloud around them. No idea why having my body literally hijacked by others does not count as sending their mind… I wouldn’t be surprised if finding that out would be when the skill advances to level 1.

I can’t say everything is great, but I found a way to enjoy this life. It’s a pity there is now a timer until it ends.

Moltings: 0 (time until next molt: 30 days)

Next chapter: ~5hours? I split it this time as part of the joke from the title, just imagine it takes you 10min to read everything in here ;)  I just re-read the chap. The grammar and sentence structure were atrocious, I think I need to get some sleep, next chapter tomorrow. I rewrote the parallel-thoughts explanation and some smaller fixes.

Tell me if you find that the multiple lines of thoughts are hard to read (beyond the wanted effect of making our MC seem to slowly go crazy)

57