Chapter 4: Enough DP for a single level, First Enchantments
1.1k 5 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Jean)

I had been sitting crossed legged on my command chair looking out of my bridge... Erika was still outside beating discipline into the Enlistees she took under her wing, and Medusa was off somewhere with most likely a kidnapped Enlistee and she was Mother only knows...

I was watching and waiting... waiting to upgrade my Dungeon and actually produce my own monsters...

I release a breath, patience is the life of we Dungeons.

The rapid but paced foot steps came from the hallway, closing my eyes... boots... naval types.

"Yes, Erika?" I asked, just as she entered the bridge.

"Mistress, you asked after returning to let you know when upgrades where ready." She reported.

I smiled slightly, but smothered it. "Good. Explain the upgrades and the process."

Once she arrived to my side and spoke, "Do I need to explain what can be upgraded?" I shook my head. "At this moment you need to announce what you wished to be upgraded and then you make a room, same way as the old." She explained.

I nodded and opened my eyes. Uncrossing my legs and pushing myself out of the chair, collecting my flintlock as I do so and walked towards the hanger, with Erika hot on my heel. Once I reached the halfway point I stopped.

"Crew Quarters." I announced, and with a surge and rumble the Dungeon shook almost coming alive briefly. After it finished rumbling, and feeling around I turned the hallway into a Crew Quarters and Sections...

I was rather interested by the fact, it included things like gyms, libraries, cafeterias, kitchens and sleeping areas... that would make sense.

After rubbing my chin I started. First, I turned the area from where I stood and spread it out to encompass half of the area between the Hanger and Bridge, from there, I turned the two areas close to each end into 30 by 50 sleeping areas and used doors to enclose them both making them distinct rooms onto themselves.

Next I gave each end a small 10 by 10 gym, and from there I made a large room that had everything else a crewwomen would need... the fact that I has what I would thought long ago as useless, I placed the kitchen and cafeteria down with enough space to feed a hundred comfortably next I made a glass partition with a wooden door and made a public library, with a small officer's lounge that had it's own library. Wiping my brow of sweat as the Dungeon's Mana had burned through half of it's supply.

"Mistress?"

"Yes?"

"I have to ask, why did you add the pointless parts?" She asked, with an admonishing tone.

"Ah... but if is pointless why are they shown? Mother hates useless shit and we both know it." I reply with a smile, "Now why else would she allow this at all? Unless this pointless shit has a point and I have a feeling that given what I here, we will get more monsters for the trouble." Giving Erika a knowing smirk I continue, "If these are a thing then they have a point, which means that if they can eat they can gain passive XP from nothing, if they can read then they can also gain XP but also keep them from getting board and I have no need for that shit." Erika gives a devilish smile.

"Good, it seems your first 50 years weren't wasted."

"Bah!" Was my response as I walked back to the Bridge and just before arriving a turned to the wall just before the door, and made another sleeping area, a small 7 by 7 with the purpose of being my room only.

Entering the room a made in the back corner a king sized and in the other I made an enchantment table so that I may make personal gifts to my monsters once and a while or enchant my weapons. Outside of that I made a small stuffed animal for my bed and a wall mount for weapons I may want to collect.

With a sigh I moved to the chair in front of the enchantment table and sat down. "Erika while I do some work here, could you explain how crew will work, a little more detail and what are the hidden numbers behind it." I asked and placed the flintlock onto the table and removed my gloves as didn't wish to damage them.

"Happily." She announced as she sat down onto my bed, "The crew have total loyalty and will serve you like your monsters of old. Unlike the Empire's monsters these borne of the ship will have more stats that I am legally allowed to explain, but both have those that I can share."

"Like?" I asked as I cut my index finger open.

"The four stats are... Skill, Discipline, Combat Ability, Spawn Rate and Number Spawned. Skill represents the ability each one is able to do any given task that isn't combat orientated. Discipline refers to the ability for them to maintain their calm and composure during the fighting. Combat Ability is a vague stat be in of itself has a dozen smaller stats that I can't mention, but generally think of it as the stat that says how good your monsters are at doing their perspective jobs. Leaving Spawn Rate and Number Spawned, both stats are different but are intrinsically link, one governs the time it takes for a new monster to spawn and the other is the number spawned per time."

I nodded after finishing my first of the two runes, this rune was one that increased the durability and with the amount of Mana I pushed into it, I'd have some doubts about tank shells breaking it in two. Taking a breath and grasping the table... my forehead covered in cold sweat. Looking down at my work, the dragon winged rune glows and the image is imprinted onto the wood of the stock becoming one and the same.

"Mistress? Was that needed? You could have placed a lesser version of the Draconic Strength enchantment on it, like the Dwarven version."

"Yes... It... was." I reply, "Keep explaining." I ordered and opened my other index finger open and continued.

"Right away. As of right now, we are expecting six crew per hour compared to the Empire's twelve per hour. The ship will always start with half the spawn rate and number spawned but with the use of DP you may increase that, since the Empire will expand on it's own ergo that they will always have more monsters then us, it isn't debatable that they have less skill then use that plagues them from the lowest Enlistee to the third evolution."

"Hum hum."

"It isn't a simple debate of who is more skilled it is one over, quality versus quantity. We have the quality and the Empire has the quantity."

I hummed and blow on the rune, by breath coming out in a blue mist and the rune responded consuming the Mana I just introduced to it. This one held the image of a puff of smoke, it is a simple run that is meant to reduce the amount of smoke any given black powder by a quarter or half but I did make the rune that elaborate... but I can always add onto it.

"I see," I said, putting aside the flintlock. I pull up my sabre and sheath. "I am going to assume that the Empire will have ships of it's own right?" I pop the blade slightly out of it's sheath so that I may work, taking my middle finger and cut.

"Yes, once they have reach a critical mass they will start their own colonization effort, but if those ships will have inferior versions of the crew evolutions compared to our own Dungeon, so that once they do start making ships we will always be ahead in ship to ship combat ability, so even if the Empire betrays us, we will have a better chance at fighting in space and well war follows a simple rule, 'if you can rule the ground war but not the air one, you have lost,. But if you can rule both but not the void you have still lost'."

"Page 57, article 9 of the Terran Federation's Officer Course." I said, "That whole page talked about what a captain of a ship should do if facing a foe with greater ground and air abilities while having a lack of void elements, it is often taught as a way to subdue pre-FTL civilizations." I said finishing the sharpness rune onto the blade, it was a simple image of a sword but weapons runes like this one was based around intent rather then specific images.

Moving onto my sheath I made a rather small rune that makes the removal of the blade have less friction, for an easier draw.

-Wham!-

(Erika)

I jumped as Mistress suddenly collapsed onto the table, grabbing her and using several healing spell...

"Oh thank the Gods..." Dragging Mistress I lay her down onto her bed as she had collapsed from Mana overdraw and had exhausted herself.

Looking over at her weapons the four runes she just made were of the finest of quality and design with I think the Dwarves whos runes she took from would blush... if these weren't done by a Dungeon that is. I giggle as I watch Mistress moving her hands around herself.

With a thought I moved that stuffed cat she made, within a moment of her grabbing hold she pulled it into herself.

With a smile I left turning off the light to her room and closed the door.

Walking through the new rooms was interesting as they had yet to be populated, but soon. Soon they will be.

The door opened to the Hanger and I was about to walk off and return to Section one, but something caught my eye, on the stone wall she had been chiseling into... a name.

I knew Mistress full name, but why was her name on it?

It was really then I had noticed that the stone was far to large so that many names... so there are more names to be added, and since when we first landed the hall was covered in them. I gulped and frown.

Breath in. Breath out...

I march up to Section one who had gotten too lazy.

"SECTION ONE UP!" I bellowed.

(Medusa)

Snapping my head in the direction of the Dungeon, I felt Mistress collapsed and but Miss Erika didn't send the message. So she must be safe, I turn back to the barely alive mess of my last toy.

These... "Enlistees" are nothing like I have killed before or eaten...

"Please." My latest toy begs, her eyes were completely hollow, "Hurt me." She had this joyful smile.

Ow by Mistress this one broke... these toys break to easily. Oh well. I cradle her and chomp down.

..

.

"Burp, O... excuse me fufu." I said to myself, I pick a piece of my last toy's uniform out of my teeth. "One thing I hate compared to hunting animals if the clothing get stuck in my teeth..."

-Vroom!-

I duck by instinct as one of those metal birds flew over head, why is it here? Should follow it? I need to send a message to Miss Erika.

Before I could I receive a message, "Maid Medusa. What is with the aircraft?"

The metal bird is called a 'aircraft'? "I don't know. Wissh for me to ssee?" I asked backed.

I had to wait a few seconds before I got a reply, "Yes, please do. Scout only! No engagements are to be made what-so-ever! Understood?"

"Yes Assistant Erika." I replied, and followed the 'aircraft' as it did one of those circling actions and looked to be landing.

24